What's new

Ross Ulbricht

Smokerman

Veteran
Founder of Silk Road Ross Ulbricht has been given 2 life sentences with no chance of parole. Anyone else think this is a little extreme?

soil margin

Veteran
I think the charges against him based on selling drugs are a bit extreme. Assuming what I've heard about him attempting to cheat on his taxes and arrange multiple assassinations is true, I don't think a life sentence is that out of line. I think selling drugs should be legal but I've got no sympathy whatsoever when you attempt to defraud the American taxpayer or use violence as a means of profit and get caught.

catalyte

Veteran
i watched the documentary called "The Deep Web" and it was a good case for leniency/innocence on Ulbricht's side, but it had me wondering; there must be more to this story than Ulbricht's defence and the FBI/DEA's case...

i'm thinking it's somewhere in between what Ulbricht claims happened and what the prosecution has got against him.... don't get me wrong. I would love to believe Ulbricht's defense but i got the feeling that he may have "gotten in over his head" during the last couple of months before he got arrested....

Latest posts

Latest posts