What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Silver said he shouldn't start such a thread since scarce shall time soon seem.

silver hawaiian

Veteran
Nice lineup I'm gonna grab some popcorn.dirty cookies sounds good.they all look cherry brah.

:tiphat:

WHAT?! Silver, HORIZONTAL?! How do you like it man? I am starting to think that Vert my just be too much for my skill set ATM...

Hey ss! Nothin' about skill set in overhead v vert, IMO.. It's really just about knowing the varieties you're growing (in re: structure/habit/tendency) and how to best tweak it for the light situation (around a bulb or under one).

But I do think that, from a plug-and-play perspective, overhead can't be beat by vert. Once the learning curve's been overcome, I don't doubt that vert can yield slightly/relatively more than overhead, but I think it's easier to fill out a canopy from scratch on an overhead setup.

Particularly, my vert setup was just too hot. So essentially I traded the bulb orientation for a few degrees cooler. .. And I can't say that I'm disappointed. :D

Always late....always lurkin' :tiphat:

hey FIF!

I said there are so many amendments.. in the constitution of the United States of Americaaaaaaa, .. I can only choose one.. Oneeeeee! I plead THE FIF! I plead THE FIF!

FIVE!

One two three four FIF!

screen-shot-2010-10-23-at-11-25-21-pm.png

rocking it hard man, will be lurking here, best of luck to this grow, even if your not sure how much time you can put in it, for now it seems to be top notch and thats all that matters!

Thanks BS! So far, no bubbles no troubles! We're about halfway (at least with the Nightmares - probably closer on the other two) - day 40 today!

Don't do it... You'll be making a huge mistake...

:laughing:

silver hawaiian

Veteran
Everything at day 44

Room

picture.php

Dirty Girl Scout Cookies #3

picture.php

picture.php

Nightmare Diesel

picture.php

I can't say it enough - she consistently spanks the pants off of whatever latest & greatest variety I bring into my garden..

Mister_D

Veteran
Nightmare Diesel

View Image

I can't say it enough - she consistently spanks the pants off of whatever latest & greatest variety I bring into my garden..

Which leads me to wonder how she'll stack against my finest ladies, and the latest and greatest in D's wonderland :biggrin:

Garden is looking good bro, and I'm not even going to hate on ya for the horizontal bulb. I have always said, environment above all else ;) Though you boys are going to miss vert when I come back and kill it in my rack room :dance013:

silver hawaiian

Veteran
:yeahthats

I'll be a grandpa before you get to showing us anything to do with your rack rooms..

Edit: ..and thanks! I can't say I'm disappointed in the change [back]. No joke, it's a welcome change to be growing far more 3-D plants than before. In the vert setup, and with my space in said setup, there wasn't much room to give the plant depth, so to speak. Plants in here are every bit of 24" wide, which wouldn't ever be possible.

I did like the tree factor with the vert setup, in that I felt like I could grow taller plants, without the concern about light penetrating into the canopy.

..I'm not so sure now. :chin:

Mister_D

Veteran
:yeahthats

I'll be a grandpa before you get to showing us anything to do with your rack rooms..

Edit: ..and thanks! I can't say I'm disappointed in the change [back]. No joke, it's a welcome change to be growing far more 3-D plants than before. In the vert setup, and with my space in said setup, there wasn't much room to give the plant depth, so to speak. Plants in here are every bit of 24" wide, which wouldn't ever be possible.

I did like the tree factor with the vert setup, in that I felt like I could grow taller plants, without the concern about light penetrating into the canopy.

..I'm not so sure now. :chin:

Might be a bit still, but I'll do a rack room thread when the time comes. Vegging some mothers atm so I can do a mono crop. Will most likely be Chemmy Jones or Bobbles Strawberry DD :biggrin:.

silver hawaiian

Veteran
Might be a bit still, but I'll do a rack room thread when the time comes. Vegging some mothers atm so I can do a mono crop. Will most likely be Chemmy Jones or Bobbles Strawberry DD :biggrin:.

The Nightmare you have cookin' looks to be f*cking huge. What size container, and how big is she (herself)?

I'm thinking about next run - I have (or will have) three good-sized Nightmares.. Initially I was thinking to run two of those and each of the Sour D and OG18 I have, slightly smaller. Each of those is gangly and kinda ugly and funky lookin'. And I've not gotten stellar scouting reports on these partic-a-lar broads neitha.

So now I'm thinking of ditching those other two, and running all three Nightmares, and maybe this GSC forum cut I just got, however big she be. Significantly smaller, but I might could hoist her up so's to not get drowned out..? I'm having a hard time imagining running three plants in a square space. It's offending my OCD sensibilities. :dunno:

silver hawaiian

Veteran
'snot all about herb around here..

'snot all about herb around here..

We got other sweet goodness cookin' out back..

picture.php

Mister_D

Veteran
The Nightmare you have cookin' looks to be f*cking huge. What size container, and how big is she (herself)?

I'm thinking about next run - I have (or will have) three good-sized Nightmares.. Initially I was thinking to run two of those and each of the Sour D and OG18 I have, slightly smaller. Each of those is gangly and kinda ugly and funky lookin'. And I've not gotten stellar scouting reports on these partic-a-lar broads neitha.

So now I'm thinking of ditching those other two, and running all three Nightmares, and maybe this GSC forum cut I just got, however big she be. Significantly smaller, but I might could hoist her up so's to not get drowned out..? I'm having a hard time imagining running three plants in a square space. It's offending my OCD sensibilities. :dunno:

Oh she's around 3.5-4 ft wide and about 4.5-5 ft tall at this point, and still stretching. All that ass sits in a 3 gal aerobag :biggrin:. Love the original sour D cut, but most of the others I've seen didn't live up to the original. Had an OG18 cut a few years back, but again nothing special in the high dept (potent, but very one dimensional). I have grown rather fond of GSC over the last few months though, tastey stuff :biggrin:. Trying to get a buddy to let loose with a cut, but he's resisting....... Think he's holding out to trade for some of my new blood :laughing:.

You could definitely just prop the smaller GSC up on something to keep up with the bigger nightmares, though I can't help you with the OCD side of things. Maybe do two nightmares, a sour D, and a GSC?

Raspberries look delicious too btw :biggrin:

lil~greensprout

Living life large...
Veteran
WTF... I try`d my best too take all that text off there but, no dice !

Perhaps a mod could fix it ?

:thank you:
Edit: Thanks Mr. Mod... that didn't take long !

Last edited:

Bud-Boy

Veteran
traitor! I saw your wish wash "reason" and philosophy behind the return to the whore, i mean hor...
*mumbling to self-bare bulb too hot... put in big metal reflector....hmmmpff

but I wont say anyhting since youre shizzle looks amazing
and, well, you did continue your hobby....

whats the flower time on the nighmare? missed a lot of these well knowns round here...

Lookin good friend

silver hawaiian

Veteran
WTF... I try`d my best too take all that text off there but, no dice !

Perhaps a mod could fix it ?

Edit: Thanks Mr. Mod... that didn't take long !

I enlisted modster help as well :D

traitor! I saw your wish wash "reason" and philosophy behind the return to the whore, i mean hor...
*mumbling to self-bare bulb too hot... put in big metal reflector....hmmmpff

but I wont say anyhting since youre shizzle looks amazing
and, well, you did continue your hobby....

whats the flower time on the nighmare? missed a lot of these well knowns round here...

Lookin good friend

HaaaaAAA! I was actually gonna go cool tube styl-ee on the vert, but the tube didn't materialize and I took it as a sign that the universe was pushing me back under the bulb, and no longer 'round it.. :blowbubbles:

..and you forgot a key component of "Too hot? Just add a huge metal TRAP for that hot air!" .. You left out: "..huge metal hot air trap equipped with vents at either end to which a fan may be hooked up for expedient efficient hot air removal." ;)

Thanks for the kudos! If the Nightmare Diesel is well known, it's only because I, personally and single-handedly probably, can't STFU about it. :)

It was created by a member who's since shut down - I was gifted three phenos, and this is the keeper. A couple other members have it (now!), and I know a guy with seeds. But no joke, it's a priority of mine to make sure that she's preserved SOMEWHERE. :D

I take her to about 85 days. She really packs on the girth in those last couple weeks.

What can Nightmare Diesel do for YOU?

Are you situated firmly on terra firma over there? Or might you be making it to this neck of the woods anytime soon? Bug-a-lug is somewhere around here, sometimes, or something.. ? Y tu?

Bud-Boy

Veteran
Eighty five days?!
good thing space is endless here

shes sure purdy
has anybody femmed her some beans?

and by well knowns, i meant the parameters of ur grow. u know, too lazy to read it all. late to a thread is like a playboy magazine....

stacking the gene library here

og x grape god x pure skunk 1
girlscout
Royal kush
og x la con
obama bush
sour d
black berry kush
Jade dragon
grape romulan
good times dragon
purple cream x strawberry cough x ....

gonna do some dwc outdoor in the remaining hoop house here
put up a 10 x 10 up top and do blumats
funguys are in the stall ready to run, but its still in the 100s
finishin the roof on the rv, building a beer bottle wall, started a planter project using all our used glass bottles and puttin spider plants in em- both hydro n soil setups, for the holiday season at farmers market

im antsin to get out, my summer got cut short. gonna head east to, well, network and see some music, catch some off the hook east coast nectar, maybe a halloween trip, spring trip....who knows

as soon as my leash is cut im runnin circles somewhere

this ended up more a pm than a grow banter so lets just call it facebook narcicism:thank you:

silver hawaiian

Veteran
this ended up more a pm than a grow banter so lets just call it facebook narcicism

Quite the collection you're assembling. Is that Vision Cloud still around out yon?

85 days, you read'er! It's one of the luxuries of a grow that's in no way tied to my ability to pay my bills. :greenstars:

Edit: And you know my general antsiness/anxiety/impatience - and even I have found it worth the wait 'til 85.. :D

silver hawaiian

Veteran
Proper prior planning prevents piss poor performance (and production of pot)

Proper prior planning prevents piss poor performance (and production of pot)

Nothing too magical here - just fill these:

picture.php

..with these

picture.php

All are Nightmare Diesels, and their final resting place shall be seven gallon containers. :tiphat:

Bud-Boy

Veteran
vision should be in those circles
but i heard daddy retired from the stupidity of the game

i havent seen any of them peeps in 2 years plus. bug a lugs took him for product so the blame passes geneticly to me (lets hope he stays out your way for many years!!)

cant say ive ever lit up for hobby
not much in my SS account if you know what I mean
sovereign nation man, from the dirt

but now endless space, il do a hoop house of ND's in the spring

three little cuts in a vac seal w air for padding and enough moisture could make it here i think
got the ez cloner rockin......

silver hawaiian

Veteran
vision should be in those circles
but i heard daddy retired from the stupidity of the game

i havent seen any of them peeps in 2 years plus. bug a lugs took him for product so the blame passes geneticly to me (lets hope he stays out your way for many years!!)

:laughing: Like with most things & people in life, I try to maintain a safe distance.. :huggg: