What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Have you looked at the North Pole lately?

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
I believe there is far more money in keeping coal mines, natural gas deposits, and oil wells bleeding than there is in research grants.

Wendull C.

Veteran
Agreed some what, but these professors and their lemming like ways are all funded by those grants. It has been said by many a research scientist in the last decade. If you do not believe in anthropogenic global warming, you get no funding. Period.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Like in many other situations, there is a symbiotic relationship between the deniers and the believers because both sides of the coin feed off each other...

Both sides of the argument seem to be paid to argue about it, and work to prove climate change does or does not exist within a never ending debate.

Wendull C.

Veteran
That is a main problem. Everyone has an agenda it seems. That leads to major trust issues on both sides. Im guilty, i hear certain scientists or institutions and imediately close my ears.

igrowone

Veteran
have YOU looked at the north pole lately?

turn about is fair play, i do check out the satellite imagery most days
the gist of situation is that it is not a really obvious problem
not like a dangerous intersection, or a factory down the road spewing foul smelling toxins into the air
only dramatic changes seem capable of affecting much of the population
i believe its built into our genetics, evolution dealt with more imminent problems
poisonous snakes? most have a fear of those, and for good reason
evolution selected out those that didn't
but for a scientifically abstract disaster like the one that's building?
not in our evolutionary tool set, for the most part anyways

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Politics aside, I have noticed a preference towards profit over posterity.

It just seems to be a choice we've made with later regret. Many times.

I'm noting why.

I think I gave up on trying to get people to make any other choice.

igrowone

Veteran
could it be just a distraction for the implicit purpose of eugenics implementation?

what is this Abstract Disaster you speak of? is it possibly the distraction from what is really happening...ie: Grand Solar Minimum?

or is the Abstract Disastor the revelation that climate consensus is not science?

i'm talking about large, significant climatic change
it's abstract in the sense most people just don't feel the danger or its immediacy
now how bad? that can't be answered to most peeps satisfaction
i don't see conspiracy here, i see scientists doing their job

igrowone

Veteran
yes they are...doing the job they were paid to do.
saying the things they were paid to say.

research 'Maurice Strong' and how he wrote the parameters the IPCC funded scientists were to follow.

parameters that only focused on mans contributions to global warming ie: anthropogenic causes.

science must evaluate all aspects without bias which certainly vacates results of IPCC consensus.

i am also speaking of large climate change, and an abstract disaster of genocide upon a largely unprepared population expecting it to get warmer when the opposite is more than distinct possibility...which is why i mention Grand Solar Minimum.

:skiiing:

plainly we disagree on fundamental points
i do recognize that you have valid arguments
in the coming years we will see which was closer to the truth

Cannavore

Veteran
yes they are...doing the job they were paid to do.
saying the things they were paid to say.

research 'Maurice Strong' and how he wrote the parameters the IPCC funded scientists were to follow.

parameters that only focused on mans contributions to global warming ie: anthropogenic causes.

science must evaluate all aspects without bias which certainly vacates results of IPCC consensus.

i am also speaking of large climate change, and an abstract disaster of genocide upon a largely unprepared population expecting it to get warmer when the opposite is more than distinct possibility...which is why i mention Grand Solar Minimum.

:skiiing:
so scientists that get paid nothing and are in constant competition with their fellow scientists are all in on a vast conspiracy to get rich and lie to everyone.

but the fossil fuel companies that completely bought and own politicians & their own scientists with their own facts who have a vested economic interest in keeping the Earth on fossil fuels because they solely exist to make profit, are telling the truth.

you guys have fell for modern day cigarette propaganda.

FLmqSw4.jpg

armedoldhippy

Veteran
so scientists that get paid nothing and are in constant competition with their fellow scientists are all in on a vast conspiracy to get rich and lie to everyone.

but the fossil fuel companies that completely bought and own politicians & their own scientists with their own facts who have a vested economic interest in keeping the Earth on fossil fuels because they solely exist to make profit, are telling the truth.

you guys have fell for modern day cigarette propaganda.

View Image

i am out of +rep AND may rate no more threads as "helpful". :moon: straight thinking per usual, thanks. :)

Cannavore

Veteran
i am out of +rep AND may rate no more threads as "helpful". :moon: straight thinking per usual, thanks. :)

just remember to smoke camels ;)

also im not here to argue climate change, just as im not here to argue flat earth, because they are pretty much the same in my book. check out a youtuber by the name of potholer54 and debunk his information presented if possible. i'll wait.

vta

Veteran
Global Warming’s Failure to Make the Seas Rise Explained

Now we know why the seas have not risen up to drown us as foretold by the high priests of global warming. The weight of the extra water from melting glaciers is making the seabed sink. Stop laughing, it’s true; I read it in Newsweek:

So much extra water is being added to the world’s oceans from melting glaciers that the ocean floor is sinking underneath the increasing weight. This ocean floor deformation also means we have miscalculated just how much ocean levels are rising, and the problem could be far worse than previously believed.

If liberals can believe that the current extreme cold weather is the result of global warming, they should have no problem believing that melting glaciers are making the ocean floor sink. The more unlikely their beliefs, the more self-righteous pride they take in holding them anyway, so they are highly motivated. They also get the added satisfaction of condescendingly sneering that if you don’t agree with them, you have rejected science.

Latest posts

Latest posts