What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Panasonic Whisper Fan Carbon Scrubber Tutorial: Quietest most efficient fan ever!

masterlow37

Veteran
GrassArt said:
I actually just picked up today the Panasonic Whisper Line 240 CFM 6" Duct In-Line Fan, from...

Cheapest possible, let that be an update on the cheapest fans available for these panasonic Whisperline fans, it is now westsidewholesale.com

Hope I helped and Hope my fans quiet as it supposed to be!!!

GrassArt
Ive been looking at these at westsidewholesale for about 2 years now and i'm probably fixin to buy that same fan as you just bought...
I'm hoping you'd fire that thing up & let me/us know how loud/quiet it is, for this is the #1 reason i was interested in it (over a Vortex) to begin with.

Thanx :canabis:

3dDream

Matter that Appreciates Matter
Veteran
The inlines can go to 140 F according to the manual. Throw on a can filter and you are set. This is a pretty cheap and quiet solution. I am gonna swap out my current fan for this. Thanks for making this thread!

vindiesel

Veteran
this is the 1 i'm looking at for my main exhaust in my 30"WX20"DX36"H rubbermaid cabinet, 1 150W HPS w/ enclosed ballast hood, 4X24W or so CFL. it's the low profile 1, 120cfm, 1.5 sones. was gonna do the inline 6", but i like the low profile 1, flatter and more stealth, will be mounted flush to box.
the whisperline will be my main exhaust, no duct. no scrubber on it. for odor i will have a vaportek 4000 AND a 4" canfan carbon scrubber, BOTH IN box. let me know what u guys think. i was about to order a vortex, glad i didn't. i NEED quiet and odor free.

http://www.iaqsource.com/product.php/panasonic/fv-11vf2/?product=111081&category=1023

hurricane

Has anyone connected a speed controller on one of these yet? I'm curious about getting the largest, 8" in-line model and slowing it down a bit, but being able to turn it up in the summer when things get hot. Its only $20 more than the 6" model, and i've already got an elicent speed controller that should work.

Hurricane

Naturally

Don't know why you'd want to put on a speed-controller, its already quieter @ full blast than most other 8" inlines at half speed...

Notice its a 440cfm, to where most other 8" inlines are in the 600-800cfm range...

IMHO, theres no need for speed-controller...

vindiesel

Veteran
yeah no need for a speed controller. they're almost silent full speed. i'm nervous about wiring t to an exention so it can be plugged in...how hard/safe is this. i'm worried for safety (fire) reasons... :joint:

SleepyMonkey

Hurricane I was thinking the same thing about speed control. If you try your elicent let me know if it works. In the winter I only need the fan to change out my cab air and pull through the scrubber. Although I'm not completely done with my cab, I went with a CMH bulb and initial tests indicate that heat won't be an issue. However, if I decide to run in the summer I want to be able to crank the fan back up because certainly I will have to cool the bulb to keep temps in check. That's why I would be interested in a speed control, not because of noise reduction.

HerbMan26

vindiesel said:
yeah no need for a speed controller. they're almost silent full speed. i'm nervous about wiring t to an exention so it can be plugged in...how hard/safe is this. i'm worried for safety (fire) reasons... :joint:

Just check the wattage on the Fan and make sure you get a extention cords thats rated for the wattage. It shouldnt be hard either, worriest case i'm sure there are lots of people at IC who can help. Just post pic if you need help.

Happy grow

ffunk5

Hey Bulénath I love this tutorial and I think that I am probably going to use this design. But i need to know the dimension of the box to see if I will have space for it inside of my cab. Can you please tell me the dimension LxWxD of the box the fan is in? Thanks alot and I look forward to starting my grow somewhat soon.

gregor_mendel

Hurricane and green tea:

Have either you purchased a fan yet?
If so, how is it working?

I just hooked up my 6 inch elicent in a new room with an outside wall.
Couldn't possibly miss the sound on my deck.

ffunk5

Hey gregor mendel I just purchased the same fan that bulenath had the 80cfm version and I have it running in my bedroom and you cant hear it at all completely silent and moves alot of air. hopes this helps

I am looking for someone who has purchased the inline style Panasonic Whisperline series fan that has a rating of at minumum 240CFM. I have no doughbt that the 80cfm fans a silent but what happens when you start getting into the 240cfm and up. Hope someone can help!

brookie

if anyone does need a speed controller, here is a company that makes a microprocessor based timer and fan speed control. There is one in a friends apartment wired up to his panasonic whisper fan in his bathroom. It is totally programmable and would work great in certain cases because you can program it to come on for x minutes per hour, every hour

tamarack technologies buzzards bay mass.

Taco_Feast

bump.... whats going on guys? every one lose interest? I've heard these things in action and they really are nearly silent! :D which means good news for stealth growers!!! Anyone have any shots of a whisper line in action?

i got my S&P TD100 mixvent fan and it's really quiet. With a carbon scrubber on the exhaust side and insulated ducting, it should be damn near soundless. using it to vent my NGB box.

Latest posts

Latest posts