What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

OG means ... ?

Wendull C.

Veteran
Homeboy on the first page threw you a bone. If you don't want to eat it, fine. But without naming crews and places Jetlife is exactly correct.

How many of you ocean grown blah blahs smoked og before the millennium? If you didn't
Shut the fuck up.

Oliver Pantsoff

Veteran
Homeboy on the first page threw you a bone. If you don't want to eat it, fine. But without naming crews and places Jetlife is exactly correct.

How many of you ocean grown blah blahs smoked og before the millennium? If you didn't
Shut the fuck up.

Lol...Wendull, you woke up this morning not playing at all..Fuck, I needed that laugh:D

OP

Wendull C.

Veteran
They try to say I'm bipolar but didn't want to kick any of the good drugs bro. Fuck them, I say I'm just an asshole.

Booyah!

OG means Original and still does. OG is basic slang for Original regarding a lot of things. But since this isn't a person they put Kush after to clairify that this is the Original Kush. Pretty basic. So thinking the G stands for gangster is probably just something lost in translation, or the question was asked wrong. OG in a different context could certainly mean an original gangster (person). Maybe someone misunderstood a gangster's slurred mumblings and took something too literally.

I think it was an attempt to claim real Kush once Kush hit SoCal. Pure Kush and Triangle Kush came around before OG was even in a name, so ironically it's not what it says it is.

Even the imposters were incredible back then. Back when having the best weed really meant controlling the market. That and the fact that selling Mids even upper Mids would make any dealer lose all respect. Too many hands in the cookie jar to worry about respect anymore. There's always another sucker hoping for a free preroll. Today OG doesn't really stand for anything unless you grow it yourself.

JetLife175

Veteran
A quote directly from Josh D who is part of the original crew to pop and find the OG kush...

"Let me start in chronological order starting with the '92 OG:

Alec Anderson was the grower that first popped the seed. From there, it made its way to Matt "Bubba" Berger in Florida in 1992. From there, I was the first to person in LA to begin working with the original varietal. I went on to share it with two friends and they shared with with two friends and so on. Eventually, the flower was then shared with the likes of B-Real from Cypress Hill, Snoop and others who went on to it make it the world famous varietal that it is today.

That was my part in that OG history. The name in Florida at the time was known as "Kush"or Krippy(general term used in Florida to mean good cannabis).

OG for that matter, has nothing to do with ocean grown, overgrown, gangsters or anything else like that.

The OG was added to mean "original". As more and more Kush phenotypes entered the market in Los Angeles, we wanted to distinguish our original kush from the other cuts coming out being called kush. Hence we added the OG so people would (unsuccessfully) understand this was the original varietal cut brought over by Matt and team from Florida."

This quote will be a portion of the thread i am working on. almost done with writing it. should be up any day now.

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
A quote directly from Josh D who is part of the original crew to pop and find the OG kush...

"Let me start in chronological order starting with the '92 OG:

Alec Anderson was the grower that first popped the seed. From there, it made its way to Matt "Bubba" Berger in Florida in 1992. From there, I was the first to person in LA to begin working with the original varietal. I went on to share it with two friends and they shared with with two friends and so on. Eventually, the flower was then shared with the likes of B-Real from Cypress Hill, Snoop and others who went on to it make it the world famous varietal that it is today.

That was my part in that OG history. The name in Florida at the time was known as "Kush"or Krippy(general term used in Florida to mean good cannabis).

OG for that matter, has nothing to do with ocean grown, overgrown, gangsters or anything else like that.

The OG was added to mean "original". As more and more Kush phenotypes entered the market in Los Angeles, we wanted to distinguish our original kush from the other cuts coming out being called kush. Hence we added the OG so people would (unsuccessfully) understand this was the original varietal cut brought over by Matt and team from Florida."

This quote will be a portion of the thread i am working on. almost done with writing it. should be up any day now.

I look forward to such thread! :tiphat:

CBDman

Many say OCEAN GROW and OCEAN Gangster

What has OCEAN to do with Cannabis you think?

Im pretty shure it is Original Gangster.
It can be Orignal Ganja also maybe

Normally OG is shorty for Original Gangster
GOOGLE says_:

Urban Dictionary: OG
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=OG
OG used to mean Original Gangster allthough some poeple these days use OG as a quicker way of saying Original.It no longer a means anything. Alex:"can I get a discount, I'm a OG , nigga" Cashier...

What does OG mean ? - OG Definition - Meaning ... - InternetSlang.com
https://www.internetslang.com/OG-meaning-definition.asp
Ever wondered what OG means ? Or any of the other 9127 slang words, abbreviations and acronyms listed here at Internet Slang? Your resource for web acronyms, web abbreviations and netspeak.

What does OG mean ? OG Definition. Meaning of OG ....
http://onlineslangdictionary.com/meaning-definition-of/og
OG . adjective. outdated but still cool. The 8-bit Nintendo is really O . G .See more words with the same meaning : criminal, hooligan, gangster, gangsta. Last edited on Apr 10 2015.
OG - What Does OG Mean ? | Slang by Dictionary.com

https://www.dictionary.com/e/slang/og/
While OG has come to be a hip way of referring or showing respect to someone who’s an expert in anyAt the same time, the term continued to carry on its initial meaning in the sense that something...

What does '' OG '' mean ? | Yahoo Answers
https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110822135337AAJ6AFt
He's an OG ! 6. OG An OG is normally a member of a gang Who has been around for some time and has put in a large amount of work e.g. Killing enemy gang members.

JetLife175

Veteran
bro if you really have this much time on your hands and you feel the need to make this your crusade for the day, feel free. but its not gonna get to me..

i made a comment about getting your stripes on the street and you keep poking at me as if what i said is laughable. i dont think it is. i dont even know you and its likewise. im trying to give real information about a variety that is PIVOTAL in our genepool. you can say the history is muddled or wrong... well its because of shit like this. There are people that care about the truth, and history. there are some of us that have been lucky and blessed enough to see that history go down first hand and even know some of these people that have brought amazing things into our community. i dont have an issue with you. just act like an adult. its not that hard.

Illuminate

Keyboard Warrior
Veteran
I whole heartedly disagree with a lot of what you say, with regard to og 'kush'. Doesnt mean i dont like you, and yes i am poking fun but only because im a twat as the limeys say.

Og isnt pivotally involved in anything but pop cuture, but ill happily argue chicken and egg with you...but not who has the original, thats been done.. n its MrMiagi. Until phylos is up to date my moneys on the story i saw on og, and Orgnkid was the guy with S1 on the market before dutch passion had feminised seeds.