What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CMEP-OL bearings and questions...

Zipsort

3rd, make sure your pump is above the top of your recovery tank and coil. this will make sure you are only pumping gas and no liquid.

Im assuming you mean keep your pump above your collection vessel.. I don't see why having it above recovery tank would make any difference.

CMEP Shop

bearings and set up

bearings and set up

yes, make sure your pump is the highest part of the extraction system.

also, you cant just go buy a set of 6908 bearings and install them. They will not be able to handle the temperatures. CM refrigeration has custom bearings made and they use special grease. The bearings from the manufacturer have a generic seal on them that does not represent the actual bearing. I found this out as I was going through the process of becoming a Manufacturer service center and parts retailer.

CMEP Shop

CMEP shop, mind giving us specs and pictures on these bearings? For double or more what anyone else is getting for them I have high expectations.

Do you have an online storefront or offer any other products for the CMEP pumps?

How and where exactly do you expect us to monitor the temp of the pump? Explain to me if I'm wrong, but more blowby means less gas compression (thus the slow recovery times), and that would mean less temperature delta between inlet and outlet lines, not more. The parts which would get hot from spewing out their grease would be internal to the crankcase and I don't know how anyone is going to attach a thermal probe to crankshaft rotating at 1800 RPM.

NSK ceramics with high temperature, chemical resistant, cages. please go ahead and try to find them for less. Sure, you can buy generic full ceramics somewhere, but not these.

I now have all the parts for CMEPS and you can find my shop by searching my name on facebook. . I am a manufacturer recommended service center and parts retailer. It took me a while to get the dealership because I am only a repair facility and they generally want distributors olnly.

As far as monitoring temperatures, i recommend the use of a laser thermometer. Does not require any modification, or work, to monitor temps. Just pick it up, shoot the laser at the compressor. Case temperature should never get above 330 degrees.

Last, you can not just install any 6908 bearing into this pump, the factory bearing is custom made and has special high temperature grease added. The seal cover is a generic cover and does not represent the actual bearing. I did not know this myself till a month ago when I was in communication with the vendor about why the factory bearings were so expensive.

Latest posts

Latest posts