What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What seed company can make the best OG Kush?

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I think Raskal had the Fire OG, I ran it crossed with Bubblegum a long time ago. It was pretty good.

I'm almost at harvest of Sweet Seeds San Fernando Lemon Kush and it's a frost machine. I can't wait to smoke some it looks insane frosty

Booyah!

Yes Rascal had a Fire Cut, but Ive run across a Fire OG Swerve Cut and wondered if it might have been his lemony SFV renamed.

Frank Walter

i had 3 lemon/pinesol phenos from OAseeds!
The lemon in them was dominant as hell, really huge colas too.

one plant was more earthy/piney, but still very very strong smell.

For budget/bulk seeds, they were very very stable and had an amazing bud structure and terp profile.

Can only recommend

JetLife175

Veteran
Yes Rascal had a Fire Cut, but Ive run across a Fire OG Swerve Cut and wondered if it might have been his lemony SFV renamed.

So raskal names his cut the fire.

Swerve gets a hold of the fire cut, breeds it to his f3/4 sfv and names those beans Raskals OG to differentiate from seedling and cutting. It’s always been rumored that the fire (swerve cut) is a selection from that cross but we haven’t been able to confirm it for sure.

I will say that the two cuts (Fire OG and Swerves Fire) have slightly different calyx formation and nuances in the terpene profile. I ran both of these cuts for a while simultaneously. The Fire OG has a more classic OG profile as the swerve fire has a heavier citrus tinge to it.

Booyah!

So raskal names his cut the fire.

Swerve gets a hold of the fire cut, breeds it to his f3/4 sfv and names those beans Raskals OG to differentiate from seedling and cutting. It’s always been rumored that the fire (swerve cut) is a selection from that cross but we haven’t been able to confirm it for sure.

I will say that the two cuts (Fire OG and Swerves Fire) have slightly different calyx formation and nuances in the terpene profile. I ran both of these cuts for a while simultaneously. The Fire OG has a more classic OG profile as the swerve fire has a heavier citrus tinge to it.

Thanks! Just the kinda info I was looking for.

loyral

Hi! Is it possible to find not very smelly OG? Do you now?

Lol try a eu seedbank og..you will find lots of, not to say, only! not smelling (no)og kushes...or plants with complete off genetic terps..

Its an absolute ripoff now adays with most of the eu banks 99%imo , just absolute rip off!!

Even here the bou started to smell a bit fishy on me..i can honestly say rg4 was the worst disgusting two plants i ever witnissed in over 15years gardening.. pure pine dirty oil insulin maggi soup with likley 4%thc...i dont know why iam the only one saying that, but its true in my case at least and even double checked fact.. as my bro also filled his room with the same cuts...

But yo no hate..my review got anyway deleted fast there lol...

Missing the stem rub days when you exactly knew fire is coming your way...

og.naj

Josh D OG from KarmaG is maybe wath you searching for....

This strain is a 3 ways cross between SFV OG x TK x Hell's Angels OG

loyral

Josh D OG from KarmaG is maybe wath you searching for....

This strain is a 3 ways cross between SFV OG x TK x Hell's Angels OG

Yeah true word, karma is a real og person and breeder it seems.. never heard anything bad about his gear ..never smoked his gear though

Lost Coast OG has the most ‘classic’ spicy-gassy-burnt rubbery taste& aroma and effect characteristic of what I associate with the OG Kush tag. However, it doesn’t come from any of the so-called “authentic” OG lines of FL origin, it’s genetics being a combo of old Cali heirloom paki kush and Thai lines, crossed to Chem 4.

As for the “who has?”... well, I got mine from Emerald Triangle Genetics a few years ago, but I think now it’s either HSO or Dinafem, or both.

Bonus: It resists pm and botrytis like a champ. The year I did it was a bad year for that in my area, and the LCOG was extremely resistant, I don’t recall losing any of it.

mctasty

Everything you guys are saying about OG 18 I can back up. I recently had 1 free seed of it, did not think it would even be a keeper so I ran it and did not keep a mom, to my surprise it was everything you guys are saying, gassy, greasy and very similar to Sour D, in fact we ran it next to Karma's new Sour D bx2 and although now exactly the same, they had very similar vibes to them.
It was not pretty or instagramable like all the modern cookies etc but it was pleasant smoke.

Nice background info Frank...I've been running DNA's OG #18 for awhile. I actually run 2 phenos from the same 5 pack of fem seeds. They're both excellent, but they dont have any lemony taste at all. One pheno has a like a mild pine earthy taste, and the other taste like gassy piney earthy and has a very strong sour taste on the exhale. The sour is so strong that I gave it to a few other heads to taste and they swore it was sour diesel. Even the bud structure is a lil dieselish.

OP

Bud Jones

Og kush has been one of the hardest strains I have worked with. Most of the times you get a watered down fuel flavor. I finally found a full on fuel funk male. Hopefully in a few more months I will release them after a little more testeing.

SkunkVA used my Og seeds as his male for his seed line so you know there's some dank in these beans
Hmm no one responded to this ? What’s up Sierra Skunk ? Happy 2020 . How’s the testing going ?

kumo_kuma

Scott's OG by Rare Dankness recently rearranged my opinion on what was possible when it comes to laying OG traits into seed form.

MindEater

Yeah true word, karma is a real og person and breeder it seems.. never heard anything bad about his gear ..never smoked his gear though

Tried his grow in Az. Only OG they grew for med is "SFV" and it tastes like rotten logs/peanut shells, has no high. Some seriously rotten bud.

Must be some shady shit going on with them. You know they're popping tons of their own stuff with some type of pride/effort put into the grow, yet what they put in dispensaries for cancer patients is sprayed trash (Sunday Goods).

I'll personally avoid any pollen spreaders who call themselves professional breeders yet can't put a decent bud on a shelf, from an unrestricted grow permit. Same with Rare Dankness. Their bud sucks in their own
store, why would anyone else grow it?

MD84

My first experiences with anything OG related came via DNA Genetics. Their Kandy Kush and Headband are still some of the loudest tastiest OG types that i've ran. Karmas White OG v2 was nice but a little bland compared. Raskals Fire OG bx had a surprising terp profile to me ( lime and incense) but had very poor m/f ratios and i think i had maybe some Alien Kush come through as i saw similarities with Moonwalker OG. Everyone seems to have access to decent cuts these days. To me it just depends who actually puts the work into stabilising these hermy prone bastards lol.