What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1000w Scrog - 100% Organic - Blue Dream and Strawberry Diesel

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
Looking forward to your rosin maker thread. Make sure you post a link once you get it going!

For sure , will do. Would make one now, but there are so many already. I did end up getting a quick grip and a new straightener, as well as a heat gun to check temps. Turns out I was pressing about 45 degrees cooler than I had thought I was.

Some bud runs that were a lil fresher, gave a white/clear rosin, while the dryer stuff is more golden. Def a lot of fun. I ended up cutting one plant down last night, drying the best tops on it, and devoting the rest towards the rosin. Along with the trim and popcorns from the other 5 plants. The one I cut down was the smallest of the 6, and its the one I have been puffing on for the last lil bit too lol.

So far with the rosin, and pending wetter/dryer buds, Ide say I avg 13% yield. But thats of the keep pile, seems as though my last press comes out darker and smells different, I keep that aside for anybody other than me that wants to smoke it lol. Getting much better yields from kief, though the tea bags I ordered suck more than the ones I had before. That or I'm putting to much in, def sucks using this small arse device for now, I can't wait to get the big one setup. Next step, I need to get some mesh screen for filters, or get some silk screen. I have an extra bubble bag set, but I just can't cut it lol.

But yeah, back to plant news...Cut one down, the lil one, 5 left. Today was 63 days, and I have to really search to maybe find any amber, so the got a lil bit to go yet. I hate cut that one a few days early, but it just had to happen. Had some room to climb in and look at the SD's, and there is a whole lot of nice tops in there.

Will update with pics tomorrow though for ya, maybe a couple rosin ones too since its coming from the BD that came down.

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
...Okay, well as I said I took one down at 73 days, and well I been making rosin with it lols. Well, here some pics, rest of plants have maybe 5 days give or take...

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
...ehh, what the heck, the funny HMK press lol and some rosin from the other day, take some better pics tomorrow from a better run, and some drying pics too...

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
so glad to see you getting into the rosin tom! i totally agree that using solvents on my carefully grown chemical free organic resin seems crazy!

well dried hash will get you shatter more consistantly than pressing flowers. but i do like the flower rosin best myself.

you may be well aware, but if you're temping the plates on your HMK with an IR gun, it may not be an accurate reading. those IR guns have an issue with shiney surfaces. try putting some parchment over the plate and temping that after a minute or two. seems to be a bit more accurate reading paper than smooth metal surfaces.

i am currently upgrading my press again. went with a 10 ton hydraulic this time. i like hydraulic jacks over pneumatic because they allow me to ease into the squish, which helps avoid blow outs so i can fit more material per press. pneumatic presses "punch." also no noisy compressor with hydraulic.

enjoy the harvest, looks like its gonna be a bumper crop!

give a squish to some buds after they've been drying for a few days, but before they snap off the stem. gives a nice "live resin" type product. it always instabudders for me but it's extremely terpy. just keep your face away from the packet with fresh presses, if htey're a little to moist the blow outs can be dramatic! hot oil splatter situation.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
you may be well aware, but if you're temping the plates on your HMK with an IR gun, it may not be an accurate reading. those IR guns have an issue with shiney surfaces. try putting some parchment over the plate and temping that after a minute or two. seems to be a bit more accurate reading paper than smooth metal surfaces.

^This, just to reiterate. Sage advice, I've noticed this too.

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
so glad to see you getting into the rosin tom! i totally agree that using solvents on my carefully grown chemical free organic resin seems crazy!

well dried hash will get you shatter more consistantly than pressing flowers. but i do like the flower rosin best myself.

i am currently upgrading my press again. went with a 10 ton hydraulic this time. i like hydraulic jacks over pneumatic because they allow me to ease into the squish, which helps avoid blow outs so i can fit more material per press. pneumatic presses "punch." also no noisy compressor with hydraulic.

enjoy the harvest, looks like its gonna be a bumper crop!

give a squish to some buds after they've been drying for a few days, but before they snap off the stem. gives a nice "live resin" type product. it always instabudders for me but it's extremely terpy. just keep your face away from the packet with fresh presses, if htey're a little to moist the blow outs can be dramatic! hot oil splatter situation.

Thanks man, yeah thats a good idea on the parchment, ive read that the gun sucks on shiny stuff. And about the blowouts, I did notices that if i eased into the squish till I heard the noise, then pressed hard for a few seconds, so maybe 5 seconds total. Doing that def slowed the blowouts down. And I was planning on a larger press like your talking about, 10 or 20 ton. I was planning on pneumatic though, but you have a point with the blowouts that I have been noticing a bit myself.

If I went with just a hydrolic press would I still be able to know the pressure I am squishing at still?

Will post todays squish later.

Last edited:

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
...sry guys, nets been down... typed all this up once a week ago and lost it but here we go again...

...harvest went okay, didn't get as much as I would of hoped, more than a pound and less than two, I will share a final wait soon, along with dry pics and rosin and hash pics, but for now the harvest pics...

Kai Kai

niceeee buds and rosin med-grower-Tom! also those buds you posted at the beginning were something else, Hope to see you making some more grow journals. peace out bro and happy smoking.

Latest posts

Latest posts