What's new

Help me figure this out. PLEASE!!!

G

Hello Buds,

Since i live in a third world country, i was forced to build my own lamp. I managed to build an aluminum "bell" that measures 80 x 130 cms. I fit (3) 400 wt HPS lamps inside. That adds up 1200 wts in total. I have 4 mother plants: 1 Neville´s Haze, 1 Ak 47, 1 Chronic, 1 Kali Mist and 1 Purple Zindica. I am currently vegging for at least one month (even the sativa dominant plants) under (2) 400 wt HPS lamps in 20 cms pots with a mixture of farm soil, peat moss, chicken droppings and forest organic compost and feeding them earth juice flowering and vegging fertilizers. I want to know how many 20 cms pots i can put under my light? I am expecting to put 35 units. 7 X 5 rows. If pots are 20 cms, they would occupy 100 X 140 cms. Am i all right? I´ve always used an indoor flowering - outdoors flowering method, but the sun haven´t been helping, so i´ve decides to flower indoor. Will my plants recieve the right amount of lumens to produce top buds? What yield should i expect?

This is how i want my layout to be. I hope people can critize the way i am designing this. All you insights are more than well recieved! I hope the graphic is clear enough!

Thank you very much!

Terrence aka Aldous

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Nice graphic Terrence,
I can't really comment much on your set up as it's out of my league, the only comment I have, is that personally, I wouldn't veg for 24 hours a day. I have found that plants enjoy a rest at night. That doesnt apply to re-veg or clones though.

G

Arghghhhh!!! PLEASE HELP!!!

Arghghhhh!!! PLEASE HELP!!!

Hey guys,

As I mentioned before I am currently building my indoor grow room. It's located on an abandoned thrid floor of a rural house somewhere in the Andes. Energy is cheap, so the electric bill is not such a big issued. I have grown for many years, but i always used a mixed technique. Veg indoor and flower outdoors.

It worked very well for a long time, but i want to go indoors now. I am asking for your help because i don't know what amount of light i need for really tight, professional buds. On the seed department i am more than better. I have some classic strain mother plants. AK 47, Neville's, Kali Mist, etc....so that part is covered.

I built my own bell with 3 (400 watts) hps bulbs. It measures 2,6 x 4,2 - which in goo ol' metric system - comes to be 80 x 130 cms. I am planting on farm soil in 7 x 7 x 7 inch pots (is this ok, will they have enough space to grow healthy and beautiful in this kind of pots?). Theorically, how many of these 7 x 7 pots could i fit under this bell?

Please brothers, i am behind scheduele and need to resolve this fast!!!!

GMYT: I PROMISE I'LL LET THEM SLEEP FOR A COUPLE OF HOURS

HELP!

Best regards,

Terrence

Last edited:

Tunefull

hi m8
I aint really sure i understand what your asking,So i maybe well off the mark*smiles*

I think folk are more used to measureing containers/pots as to how much they hold,Rather than there Dimensions...I belive they use gallons..
So a 3 gallon Pot folk think is amble for a plant,And a 3 gallon pot i would imagine would measure(in dimension)About 10 x10 inchs
So going by that i would say your 7x7 inch pots would be 2 gallon pots(tbh i would not go any smaller than that)

Also I belive they like to have one plant(pot)Per square foot of floor space
So in a 3foot by 3 foot room,U would place 9 plants

And in that space then(3ft by 3 ft)i would imagine a 400 watt HPS would do fine...Ok granted a 600(or 1k) would Do better(but i honestly dont think it would make much diff(and it would come with huge Heat issues u would have to control.The 400hps Heat is easier to control tho(i would imagine)

Btw i can only work in feet and inchs(And gallons)But thinking now most countries are now useing metric?Anyway hope u still understand(and hope it was of some help)

As the other poster said tho,U are deff out of my league(i do understand tho that u are new to indoor flowering)

Aldous

An image is better than a thousand words....

An image is better than a thousand words....

Here's some pictures, so the good fellas at ICMAG can help me out better. Sorry about the metric system....! I am planning on having two of this home made lamps. It has three 400 hps bulbs. The bell measures 2.5 feet wide by 3.3 feet long. Its hung less than 1 feet away from the canopy. The area of the room is 3 feet by 12 feet. I i amgine i can fit 5 x 17 rows of 7x7 inch pots. Heat is NO PROBLEM . I can assure you that! I planned this to give my plants more than 70 watts per square foot, which i figure has to be good!

Thanks for the help buds.

Aldous

ickster

Aldous, Looks Good Dude...
I would be interested in seeing more pics of that hood. Do you have any heat problems with 3 400's in one enclosed hood like that?