What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

11 Gavita pro 1000's First journal!!! Fully Automated!!!

scrulifson

Hello to all of you,
This is going to be my first journal so cut me a little slack if I miss some things. A little back ground on me, I have been growing for about 6 years now. I am no professional by any means, but I have gotten a solid understanding over the years with MUCH trial and error. Recently, I had to move my grow and decided to expand to make it worth the move. In the past I have always used the good old fashioned 1000 watt magnetic ballasts but with technology today, surly there had to be a better mouse trap. So low and behold I came across the Gavitas. I havent really found a full journal on them, so I figured I would be the first!!!

My set up:

- 11 Gavita pro 1000's
- 5 ton A/c
- 105 pint dehumidifier
- co2 burner
- Sentinal co2 controller
- Crestron Full automation system
- Stealth 200 GPD R/O
- 12 Wall mounted fans

The Plants:
Now for whats actually under the lights. I am running 9 plants per light. About half of them are Tahoe OG and the other half True OG with two lights of mixed plants which include Sour Diesel, Gods Gift, Massive OG, and one Woody OG. I will be starting 12/12 in about two weeks when the room is fully completed. They have been veg. for about three weeks in 1 gal pots and are being transplanted into 5 gal microkote pots this Thursday to be flowered in. Most of them have been toped and have 4 main branches.

Medium, Environment, Nutrients:

- Soil: A blend of Sunshine #4, coco, and perilite
- Temp: 74-82 degrees (day), 66-72 degrees (night)
- Humidity: 40-50%
- Co2: 600ppm (veg), 900ppm (week 1-3), 1250ppm (week 4-6), 900ppm (week 7- finish)
- Nutrients: Earth Juice; Grow, Bloom, Micro, Catalyst, Meta-K, Oily Cann. Great White beneficial bacteria (every 2 weeks), Vermi-T (once a week)

I will be posting pictures in the next week of the room and of the plants once they are all in there. I believe I have covered all of the bases, but im sure i have missed something. I am an open book, so feel free to ask any question. I am here to help any body I can, and hopefully learn a few things myself!! I look forward to my journey over the next couple of months with all of you here at RIU!!!

Happy Growing,
scrulifson

p.s. I will be updating this journal once a week with pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_1349.jpg
    IMG_1349.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1350.jpg
    IMG_1350.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1351.jpg
    IMG_1351.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1352.jpg
    IMG_1352.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1354.jpg
    IMG_1354.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1353.jpg
    IMG_1353.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 10

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
looks sick!

Out of curiosity, are you going to get something stronger than bungie cords for the lights? I feel like such expensive lights should be chained with no escape!!!

Looks like you are having fun!

:good:

scrulifson

I was going to put them on chains, but then got the hoods and was shocked to say the least lol. The hoods only weigh about 2 lbs, so they seem pretty secure with the bungies.

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice - Gavita is worth every penny, Really nice setup too - how long you been building/planning this if I may inquire?

I assume you aren't going to lower/raise lights with growth?

I'm still itchy about bungie cords hahaha - just me tho - I'm in california so the whole earth quake could happen thing is why.

scrulifson

Thank!!! I started building it about a month ago. and it is finally finished after a lot of sweat and blood lol. I think I may do chains for that particular issue of the earthquakes. At this point im not moving the lights up and down, from what I have been told they dont need to be, but maybe you could give me your opinion on that. I the past I have always moved my lights up and down.

LEDNewbie

Veteran
Very cool. I'm running 3 gavita's over a 5x16 area. Loving them so far. Will know for sure with the end product. Good luck, I will be watching. If you have time check out my thread.

For height so far I'm liking between 27-30" away from the canopy. I find any closer and it starts bleaching the leafs below the light in a 2ft square area. Running my lights at 1000w. These suckers are bright!!!!

scrulifson

Thanks for following guys!!! I will post some pictures up tomorrow. Im about to put them into flowering in a week so wish me luck.

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
:good: Looking pretty slick in here mate :good:
Tagged up for the rest of your show :lurk:
:plant grow:

scrulifson

Thanks for following!!! Sorry I'm slacking on the updates, my phone fell out of my pocket yesterday when I was on my motorcycle :( so no camera. But my new phones on the way and pictures will be up as soon as I get it.

scrulifson

Here is an update. All of the plants are in the room, I had a little more than expected so some ended up on the floor. I had a little PH problem (thank you hana), so I had some lock out. Got a new meter and everything is starting to look good once again. Im working on putting pictures but but it wont upload them :(

MagniKhan

Veteran
Here is an update. All of the plants are in the room, I had a little more than expected so some ended up on the floor. I had a little PH problem (thank you hana), so I had some lock out. Got a new meter and everything is starting to look good once again. Im working on putting pictures but but it wont upload them :(

Nice set up, I'm very interested in how the Gavita's work out for you, I'm thinking of changing my HPS's out for those and looking for some input from others that have them.:lurk:

My Hanna 3n1 just took a crap on me to. After 2.5 years it was time, I kept my old Hanna checker in working order and after some calibrating it's good as rain.
Funny, with the 3n1 it kind of snuck up on me too, the TDS meter took a dump first. So I went on for another 3 months with the other parts working fine, and really, how often do you really check TDS?

I do calibrate mine regularly. But for some reason I didn't notice it was fucking up till my plant told me so, and being that I just added cO2 I though it was that and the added feedings at first.
Then one morning I was mixing up some veg nutes and my reading was so off I knew it couldn't be right, so I calibrated again ,,,,and holy cow it was borked.
Work so well for almost three years I'm going to buy another soon.

Be safe,:ying:

MK

TripleDraw27

Veteran
looks sick!

Out of curiosity, are you going to get something stronger than bungie cords for the lights? I feel like such expensive lights should be chained with no escape!!!

Looks like you are having fun!

:good:

ive run these lights for a couple of years now, the best thing about them. can lift each one with a 5am morning boner, thats how light they are, so bungies are cool with these guys. Also a gavita rep on here, he will pop up.

OP, check out agent smiths grow, he went mia, but still gavita and inspiring.

Op, you using the bulb specific for our gavitas? The double ended dildo one? Im sure ya are, hopefully. Cause i know they make a 1000 that takes a standard hps bulb too. Thats what I was told at least. I use the double ended bulbs/pars, thats where our system thrives best I believe. Either way gavitas throw light like a beast.

scrulifson

The gavitas are great!!!! I actually had to turn mine down cuz they were to much going from the t5's!!!! Im still working on pictures but the site is still being difficult :( Im not to worried about TDS now because I cut a lot of nutrients out of my reg, but before I was checking it every time I watered. Im curious, anyone that has actually harvested something from the gavitas, was it really that much better!!!???

TripleDraw27

Veteran
The gavitas are great!!!! I actually had to turn mine down cuz they were to much going from the t5's!!!! Im still working on pictures but the site is still being difficult :( Im not to worried about TDS now because I cut a lot of nutrients out of my reg, but before I was checking it every time I watered. Im curious, anyone that has actually harvested something from the gavitas, was it really that much better!!!???

" thats much better", is a tough way of putting it. Alot of lights do the job just fine.

I like the whole package deal, and the proper bulb for the system from philips, the double ended PAR does a very good job of producing racquetballs. And Id say it does surpass my Ocho's and A-Wings. Again, Par, is the focus on the system, as well as HPS, but the PAR is the real plus here.

"Much better" is just to broad. Many styles have their Bruce Lee's.

It was right away "much better" for me, when I lifted them up for the first time lol.

scrulifson

Hey guys, this may seem like a stupid question but can anyone tell me how to up load pictures??? I did it once but now I cant seem to get it. I want to give some updates with pictures but it wont let me upload them :(

Happy growing