What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

where is my best bet for some imported sativas?

Max Headroom

Veteran
going to NL very soon, looking for some 100% (or almost 100%) sativas. preferably some imports grown in the tropics..

can anyone suggest some coffeeshops in AMS or Haarlem where i might have a chance of obtaining them?

cheers.

I bought some nice bricked jamaican,thai stick(red silken string and all) and some brown,musky jungle(lowland?) colombian. They had some kind of oaxacan on the menu too,but were out of it at the time.It was at the overkant hortus near the botanical gardens.
Not the most potent or beautiful herbs I've ever had but i preferred them,especially the 'lumbo over most of the nederwiet.Coffee/cigar type aromas. Especially mixed with hash. Thai/temple ball was my fave cocktail.

Still hating myself for not saving the seeds...

Max Headroom

Veteran
thanks for the info, guys!

seems bluebird and katsu are a good place to start the hunt.
will be reading the coffeeshop dir. website as well.

luckily, i have seen all the touristy attractions in the past, this trip i'll spend most of the time hunting for 'rare' bud, to show my friends that there is something beyond 8-week-hybrids.

A

Alone

Ive always wondered if Amsterdam or the Americas has the best ganja.
After we get it legalized here in the U.S... I wonder if the peeps from the Dam will start traveling over here to sample the best buds. LOL

Asterix

rotterdam

i agree whit it! I think Rotterdam has best landrace scene in NL.

In every coffeshop you can find some landrace buds/hash.

I can mentioned few of my favourites sativas here:

shashasmeni (ethiopian) in coffeshop Pluto
bio durban , nice quality outoor/greenhouse stuff - sensi smile
jamaican - you can find it in most of coffeshops , but Bob marley is my no.1
thai- same as jamaican its selling by most of coffeshops, Countdown, Sultan are one of them.

Max Headroom

Veteran
good to know. i won't make it to rotterdam this time but maybe in the future.

i've looked around on some site that has pics of CS menus - shocking how many have the same boring stuff. with the insane amount of different strains out there, y'd think there'd be some variety.

i saw the jamaican on several menus - why is it so dirt cheap? no good?
def gonna try it, but still i wonder about the low low price.

Cry Tuff

good to know. i won't make it to rotterdam this time but maybe in the future.

i've looked around on some site that has pics of CS menus - shocking how many have the same boring stuff. with the insane amount of different strains out there, y'd think there'd be some variety.

i saw the jamaican on several menus - why is it so dirt cheap? no good?
def gonna try it, but still i wonder about the low low price.

It is, what it is, i guess. Personally, im happy to pay 15 or so euros for 5 grams when im in town . Plus , it makes a nice 'old school' change from heavy hitting kush and the like and enables you to enjoy the city and function without being in a comatose state. I favour thai over the JA(less seeds and twigs) but bare in mind , because its popularity isnt that of the ' in vogue' strains, it will have sat around for a while, so it pays to be picky . Anyday had some lovely high grade JA last year at 7 euros a g. Haven't seen it since but that, i assume, is what you are after . As other posters have suggested, Katsu is worth a gander .

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Oh I missed the part about you being in the Dam.. If you can find CBG gear anywhere there get it.

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
One Year I found some great Moderately powerful "Nigerian" as it was called. Mixed well with the Hash, which is always my favorite. We have the Flowers Covered here. But no imported hash. Attaining those flavours are rare. Grew a Soma A+ that had a hashy taste...

Anyways, another trip the c'SHOP budtender (can't remember where, early 90's) offered me Jamaican, Thai, and Mexican, and they were all the same. When I joked with Him regarding that, he admitted that they were. Since none of it was special, I bought a good gram of Nepalese hash instead, to be polite. Wasn't His Fault, He was Cordial, and gave me a good count.

WISH I was over there right now. Skating on the canals.. Nothing like Snow in Amsterdam. Calming on the nerves, and beautiful beyond belief. WHEN it's good, IT'S gREAT... Everyone gets bundled up and sits close together shoulders touching, in the C'shops - all keeping warm. A sWEET Gezellig Vibe. Rokerij was good for that, in the past.

Max Headroom

Veteran
I favour thai over the JA(less seeds and twigs) but bare in mind , because its popularity isnt that of the ' in vogue' strains, it will have sat around for a while, so it pays to be picky

yeah, quick rant about those 'in vogue' strains... i'm quite sick of them. while i haven't smoked them all, i doubt that crossing 2 of the most 'in' strains will yield something even better. i'd much rather get some strains that have proven themselves over a decade or longer.

will def get some jamaican. don't mind the seeds either - freebies! :D

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
Little has changed...except tht "Sannementereng" is said to be reopenning soon...

Now THAT's some good news ! I went there late 2009 and scored some wonderfull pot from Ghana, a true delight. Very happy high, creeper, with nice stimulation. Loved it. THey had another African on the menu, and also some Indonesian which was alas out of stock.

CS Pick up the Pieces usually has some nice Durban Poison (CS Anyday had hash made from Durban Poison last december, must be nice !)

Max, this link might help you.
http://www.coffeeshopmenus.org

Irie !

quitelost

Will check some of these places out if/when I go next time. Last time I did my research and went to some shops said to have decent imports and was very disappointed, it was all crap. I've smoked a fair share of bricked herbs and I'm a fan of a good commercial imported sativa but what I smoked there was pure trash.

The ssh I smoked from one shop was really good but in general I'm not a big fan of that gray market system, it's like the good old black market without having to look over your shoulder(which is great in itself). Many people I know rave about the shops and I may return to them but the imported weed seen there last time was pathetic.

Reg Dixon

ICMag Donor
Now THAT's some good news ! I went there late 2009 and scored some wonderfull pot from Ghana, a true delight. Very happy high, creeper, with nice stimulation. Loved it. THey had another African on the menu, and also some Indonesian which was alas out of stock.

CS Pick up the Pieces usually has some nice Durban Poison (CS Anyday had hash made from Durban Poison last december, must be nice !)

Max, this link might help you.
http://www.coffeeshopmenus.org

Irie !

Awesome place. Was there in 2009 as well and had the Ghanian as well. Bought it cos I heard the husband of the lady who owns it was from Ghana. Figured it might be decent. :biggrin:

Results were exactly as you describe. I rolled a huge fat joint of it pure and puffed away then looked at the antiques. Antique shopping while stoned is so fucking cool.
Loved the open split level design of the place. Very airy. Stuff was EVERYWHERE. I had to be careful not to knock anything over!
Almost bought a few things but couldn't haggle the lady down enough so I left with the weed and a nice high which kept on getting higher and higher in a really nice warm fuzzy way.

I heard they are re opening in time for 4/20 this year. Hope it is true.

Rinse

Veteran
Ghana from Blackstar Coffeeshop:
ViBjy.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts