What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Wax/Oils vs Morrocan Hash (Amsterdam Visit!)

Any breeding out done with these Morrocan flat stems? I feel like every once in a while I hit something that takes me back there. Secret ingredient type stuff?

Grojak

Why not just fly to Colorado or WA? I would love to try some international hashes but I can get hash and bho in those 2 states and its more legal to do in those 2 states.

I'm not knocking 'dam don't get me wrong, I would love to go and visit the country side, catch the Euro rail and spend some time around Europe, but I no longer want to go there to do the weed thing. My wife was there 10 years ago and enjoyed it but like she said "why would we want to go there, we've got so much more locally at such better rates".

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Why not just fly to Colorado or WA? I would love to try some international hashes but I can get hash and bho in those 2 states and its more legal to do in those 2 states.

I'm not knocking 'dam don't get me wrong, I would love to go and visit the country side, catch the Euro rail and spend some time around Europe, but I no longer want to go there to do the weed thing. My wife was there 10 years ago and enjoyed it but like she said "why would we want to go there, we've got so much more locally at such better rates".

For me it's about the variety. California dispensaries have some amazing concentrates. I can make my own wax / sap / shatter / bubble / dry sift hash from plants I've grown myself. I would still love to try authentic old school hashes from Morocco, Afghanistan, Pakistan, India, Nepal, etc.

I see such beautiful hash pics on this site, but I have no way to try them here in California. The easiest place to find what I'm looking for seems like Amsterdam. I still haven't made the trip, but I will at some point.

Moppel

Grower for Life
Veteran
No other place in the world you can find such a selection of different hashies as in Amsterdam. I always tell people that grow themelfs , to not go for the bud to dam , but for the hashies.

Last edited:
If you visit A-dam make sure to go to the sensi seed bank. Up stairs they have a smoke lounge where a friend said was a great place to hang and smoke. A girl I let know about it said she spent most of her time there relaxing and had a really good time. She was very happy I let her know about it.
Hope that helps.

mingmen

I would skip the wax. It is overpriced as you know from living in CA. I guess they are using different strains not in CA but I would rather pick and smoke flower over there. And more than that I would like to hit the best imported hash I could find

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I would skip the wax. It is overpriced as you know from living in CA. I guess they are using different strains not in CA but I would rather pick and smoke flower over there. And more than that I would like to hit the best imported hash I could find

I spent this summer making wax and shatter from my last harvest. Sensi Star, Mystic Gem, and some bag seeds from my gf at the time which turned out better than expected. I'll mostly make hash with the harvest in February too, 7 strains this time. I'm hoping it turns out as well as I expect. :)

A trip to Amsterdam for me would be more about the imported hash than anything else. I can't make something like traditional Moroccan or Afghani hash here at home. Even if I got the same seeds, I can't reproduce those growing conditions indoors. I'd love to travel around the world to sample hashes from the different areas where they're made. That's not realistic at the moment, but a trip to Amsterdam is.

Latest posts

Latest posts