What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Antique Stash Jars

ozman

I found these while getting ready to move in a few months.I bought them several years ago.I know nothing about them except I think they where made in the 50's.I know they arent worth much but to me.I still thought others might enjoy seeing them.They are in pretty decent shape,1 jar has some hairline cracks going down the side.I cant keep from thinking that there was more to a set,but maybe not.Still kinda kool I t hink.

Attachments

• DSC00902.jpg
    DSC00902.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 36

ozman

Hey Littleleaf yes there is,here is what it says,A Rumpus Room Original,By St.Pierre&Patterson,Japan.Ive enclosed a pic of the tag on the bottom,the mark behind the person on the left is n ot a scratch it looks like it was printed on the label as well.The opium jar has the only legible tag,the spanish fly jar has where it was peeled off and the marijuana jar has no signs of a tag at all.

Attachments

• DSC00906.JPG
    DSC00906.JPG
    28.4 KB · Views: 35

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
Those are cool... but not very antique. the label gives it away. very cool company and they made bobbleheads too! here's a description from another "druggie" themed knick knack from the company for sale online. 60quid

"Here’s a vintage PARTY SPICE BAR. A whimsical, but spectacular, set of spice shakers with sticker on bottom saying “A RUMPUS ROOM ORIGINAL by ST. PIERRE & PATTERSON – Made in Japan.” Almost certainly from the very early 1960s, this set contains a wooden rack that holds four colorful Mid-Century Modern ceramic shakers labeled with four popular “drugs” from that era: SPANISH FLY, SERUTAN, MILTOWN, and SALT PETRE. The wooden rack measures 11 1/8″ x 4 1/8″ x 2 5/8″. The ceramic shakers each stand 2 3/8″ tall. Diameter at the top is 2 1/16″, at the bottom 7/8″ across. Three have a small “Japan” sticker on them. The wooden rack is missing one of the four rubber feet on bottom and the corks or stoppers for the bottom holes in the shaers are missing (holes are about 5/16″ in diameter). Otherwise, very good condition.

BudGood

"Be shapeless, formless, like water..."
Veteran
Wow those are awesome! :) I'd buy 'em if I saw something similar at the antique shops, or on Ebay... (hint, hint!) ;)

nattynattygurrl

Natalie J. Puffington
Veteran
Wow, yeah I def. dig the MJ canister!! :hotbounce:
Cool find Ozman! :good:
How air tight would you say they are? :chin:

I might not use them to hold buds...but canna-cookies instead....Oh yes!!.........

I simply must have one!! :whee:

ozman

Well they arent very air tight.As they are ceramic jars the lids fit loosely at best.I wouldnt use to store loose bud in,and they really arent big enough to hold cookies :( They arent as big as a 12 ounce soda can.I just tried to insert one it didnt fit.But they are about the same size as a soda can.
I cant really say I have thought about selling them.I bought them cause I also thought they was kool,I had never seen anything like them before.
I continue to look everywhere I can for some more but as yet nothing like them has turned up.Since I am unemployed atm I have a lot of time to search for them online lol.
I would like to learn more about them but so far very little has turned up on google searches or any where for that matter.

BudGood

"Be shapeless, formless, like water..."
Veteran
Yeah, I tried a few different searches, turned up nothing except bobbleheads and toilet ashtrays. :)

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
wonderin what that spanish fly is...

lol get this,,, a little green beetle called Lytta vesicatoria (which is a blister beetle) is ground up and then rubbed on the genitals where an irritant, it has evolved for protection, called Cantharidin causes proposed "aphrodisiac" effects through blisters and tingling,, how i'm not sure but humans are freaks..

Lytta-vesicatoria.jpg

for some reason the aphrodisiac was named spanish fly..

cool jars ozman!

D

DR.Thrax

spanish fly

Aphrodesiacal elixr made from the crushed body parts of the blister beetles Cantharis vesicatoria or Lytta vesicatoria. Purported to arouse those that ingest it. Toxic in large quantities.

Any arousal stemming from Spanish Fly is mild and not at all like the Beastie Boys would have you believe.

Put some Spanish fly in her drink and she'll be crawling all over you (you wish).

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
A joint, back rub and foreplay probably work(s) better than a Spanish Fly.

Back to antique stash jars....nice! Have a few pharmaceutical jars from the 1920's (sans the top) from the Netherlands.

Still I like those St. Pierre pottery pieces, mainly produced in the early 1950's. My great aunt/uncle had a few of those bath tub (comical) butt ash trays in their bathroom. Would be nice compliment to those stash bottles!