What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

watches?

El Timbo

are they as good as a Rolex or Omega for diving? Just curious.i like to collect fintage watches.

They are as waterproof but the bezels are bi directional - which makes them less suitable for serious diving.

I'll post pics of some of my other soviet vintage watches.

Last edited:

shithawk420

Veteran
They are as waterproof but the bezels are bi directional - which makes them less suitable for serious diving.

I'll post pics of some of my other soviet vintage watches.

I would appreciate that.i can post my Swiss army buts not it's not as nice.its a great field watch though.i think it's in my pics here..

I really want a seamaster though.its only a $10 grand watch! Lol

chilliwilli

Waterboy
420giveaway
I like the junghans max bill editions

The 2017, i think this year i gonna buy it finaly

picture.php

Last edited:

shithawk420

Veteran
I wasn't aware Russians made nice watches.i mostly know about Swiss and Japanese watches.if I could pick one watch it would be an Omega or Tag hauer

shithawk420

Veteran
I guess I've just been ignorant.it doesn't really surpise me though.i love to just watch masterwork movements.its fun to just get stoned and watch the gears move! Lol

Nader

Veteran
I wasn't aware Russians made nice watches.i mostly know about Swiss and Japanese watches.if I could pick one watch it would be an Omega or Tag hauer
Konstantin Chaykin is a Russian watchmaker and even better clockmaker whose technical brilliance and creativity leave me speechless. Most recently he finished a mind-blowing clock with a first-ever hours display that employs a chain wrapped around a barrel to make roman numerals https://usa.watchpro.com/mastering-extraordinary-table-clocks-with-konstantin-chaykin/

St. Phatty

I use my cell phone as a watch, which means I often look at my cell phone when I'm stuck in traffic - which is technically illegal in some places.

Brother Nature

I also like the cartier tank when it comes to classic watch design but thats another price class.
I was recently gifted a "Santos Dumont" Cartier. We suspect it's a knock off, but it is a nice looking watch none-the less. Was surprised to learn Cartier uses quartz movement and not mechanical.

Cool to come across this thread too, have always been a fan of well made time pieces, not something that seems very common with people these days.

View media item 18701938

shithawk420

Veteran
Heh, Cartier huh? Don't see those too often.im gonna go to the dark side and buy a fake rolex.they seem to have good movements for fakes so it's worth it to me.

shithawk420

Veteran
I was recently gifted a "Santos Dumont" Cartier. We suspect it's a knock off, but it is a nice looking watch none-the less. Was surprised to learn Cartier uses quartz movement and not mechanical.

Cool to come across this thread too, have always been a fan of well made time pieces, not something that seems very common with people these days.

View media item 18701938
Whoa whoa,hold on dude.i can tell you right now if it's fake.if you can hear a battery or ticking it's probably fake.swiss watches generally don't use batteries unless they are low end.Cartier is definitely not low end.but I'm only using speculation.id rather not know my $25000 watch is fake.