What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Garlic goes indoors

G

:wave: Hey everybody I am finally starting my indoor grow this season.

I will try this all organic using a mix of Foxfarm ocean forest nad light warrior. I will only be adding lime to the soil because I want to see how the soil does on it's own.

For nutes I will be using Foxfarm Grow big for veg and Pureblend bloom for flower. I will use Dyna Grow Protekt to adjust my PH up.

My veg cabinet is 2x4x3 with 5 4 foot shoplights in it. I use heating pads to raise my temps because it gets cold in my veg room.

I will be running clones. What I have so far are 3 Morning star clones gifted to me from my friend Mr. GreenJeans ( Thank You very much). I will be going to CARE hopefully on Friday to get more clones to fill my cabinet. I tried gettingh some clones last week from BPG , but they are out for a couple of months ( something happened to their vendor and they are pretty tight lipped about it). :badday: I will probably end up running about 6 to 8 plants total ( I don't want to exceed my med card limits). Better to be safe than sorry.

I will try and update as much as possible , but life always seems to bite in the a#$, so bare with me. :bat: I will try and answer all questions to the best of my abilities.

So let's have fun!!! :woohoo:

I will be needing all the help I can get so please don't let me screw this one up.

PS This is my first real grow report so take easy on me O.K.

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
Hiya gcg

Happy you were able to give the MSs a nice home, they've already grown - they like your digs!

To save you some time with the FFOF - my last plantings were FFOF with 15-20% added perlite only.. Had some low pH problems in early flower on my MS - she got seriously stunted and curly before I caught it. Didn't re-read relik's great thread with info on his FFOF planting - he's using 2 cups dolomite per 5 gal pot after running into the same problem. That's going to be my mix for the amnesia99 when I transpant them - 1 part ocean forest, 1 part light warrier, and 1 cup / 3 gal 2 cup / 5 gal dolomite. Anyway, just to give ya a heads up.

Pullin up a seat :lurk: Bong me up :abduct: Scotty!

G

:wave: Thanks for stopping by MGJ.I will definitely be taking yours and Rellikbuzz's advice on the lime for sure.

Hope everything goes well with your surgery next week. Did you save some of the samples I gave you to medicate yourself after surgery? :joint:

GCG

G

Good luck GCG :yes:

I mixed one bag of ffof with one bag of light warrior (1.5 parts soil to 1 part warrior) and it seems nice n light. I only added 1 cup of dolo lime per cu ft so I hope that'll be enough. Apparently the soil and warrior are ph buffered but I see you had issuees GreenJeans. Lime can't hurt so being on the safe side is good.

Let's see these babies grow!!

G

Ah yes garlic city. Ya must be a neighbor by around 70 miles lol. Looking good GC. I'm using a similar mix right now. FFOF and Pro Mix BX about 40/60 with a lot of added perlite. I had ph problems in the beginning when I was using EJ but since I went back to pure blend and things are happy again. I believe the pro mix has added lime??? Light warrior is very good too.

Cheers and good luck.

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
Hiya gcg - thanks for the good wishes, I'm very upbeat about having this done, should improve things immensely.

I haven't smoked your samples all up yet :yummy: , and also have enough trainwreck and calio left so with your kind gift I'll have a real smorgasbord of pain relief! Not to mention floating my head to the moon... :yoinks: :biglaugh:

GroNut - could be me man - I've been dukeing it out with soil for months looking for a mix that I don't have to fiddle with too much during the grow.

Boink - if you're 70 mi north of gcg, we must be neighbors .... Howdy! :wave: If you're 70 mi south - in the words of Roseanne Roseannadanna, "nehvar miiinnnd"

Last edited:
G

Total Est. Time: 1 hour, 8 minutes
Total Est. Distance: 68.53 miles

.. must all be neighbors huh :smile:

Last edited:
G

I've never had to add Lime to any FFOF I've grown in... I've grown out many strains too... I didn't add perlite either... Of course its too damn pricey to use anymore, but the best results I had were in it.

sunnyside

Plant Manager
Veteran
The original Pure Blend is more of a flowering addative...not a main fertilzer. Pure Blend Pro is a main nute. So you might want to find something to go with the PB in flower. Good luck on the grow...ill be watchin :)

G

:wave: Hey MGJ like I said hope everythung goes well.

:wave: Hey Boink and GroNut I think we are all neighbors? Isn't it nice to live in such a wonderful place? Thanks for stopping.

SW gald to see you checking out my grow I only wish that it turns out half as spectacular as yours do!!!

Thanks for the tip Sunnyside. I will be doing some research about my flowering nutes, maybe that might be a good thread to start Pureblend vrs. Pureblend Pro?

Thanks for stopping by all
GCG

G

hey garlic man did my girls due all that damage in the pics of your veg room i will ground them for sure thats no way to treat there forster dad!!!!!!!!!!!!! look at the pics drit on the floor like they did not evan whipe there feet when they came in and that light knocked over man i tell you bud kids what you gona do!!!!!!!!!!!! i got my eye of this grow.hey you gon'a clone some of them thing for breeding stock? evli grin on my face right now!!!! well bud got to fly as allways

see ya soon

G

Nothing wrong with my veg room that is just ground in dirt. I cleaned everything after they left.

I will definitely be taking clones of the Morning star they are already very skunky smelling. I went in there yesterday and when I left I could smell skunk on my self for a while.

GCG

G

:wave: Hey everyone it has been a while since I have updated my thread , so here we go. :woohoo:

The biggest plant is a morning star gifted to me by my friend Mr.GreenJeans. The pic of the smaller plants are 3 Blackberry Widows in the middle gifted to me by my friend Dezylu, with 2 more morning stars on the sides.

I have had a bit of a PH prob , but I think I have it figured out now?

I put all of my plants in my flower room to let them veg for a while longer. I have been using this room for 4 years now. :yummy:

Love to hear what you think.
GCG

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
gcg - those morning stars got big! Looking good in there, betcha they blast off when you flip them...

What was the pH fix?

:wave:

G

:wave: Hey MGJ they are looking pretty good aren't they?

The PH prob was my water was at 7.5. My fault for using old water from my reservoir. The fix was to dump out my old water , clean my reservoir and make new RO water. The PH dropped to 7.0.

GCG

G

Nice work GCG...

Just a lil while longer til the fun starts! The morning star look like they'll turn into some big ladies :yoinks:

How long have all the plants vegged for?

:yes:

G

Hey GroNut Ithink the MS clones were taken around christmas? I ahve been vegging them since the begining of Jan..

I just got my BBW abou 2 weeks ago. Today I found out that 2 of them are males. :badday: :badday: :frown: :wallbash: :wallbash: I still have one that was a reveg clone , but you know how long it takes to turn a reveg around.

I think I will have do go shopping soon. I need a variety in my safe. :yummy: We'll see what the future brings.

I am letting the MS veg longer because my growroom looks like a deserted island right now. This is what happens when you have a big summer harvest, you loose interest for a while. :confused:

Thanks for stopping by bro
GCG