What's new

Pics of possible TMV infection

!!!

Now in technicolor
Veteran
Feeding ~500-600 ppm MaxiGro / CalMagic+ / SuperThrive / Floralicious+ (tried without, no difference in plants.)

Tried pH 5.2 - 6.0. Using tap water (ppm 30 pH 7.10)

Initially was feeding MaxiBloom in veg but switched to MaxiGro when this began.

Mediums are coco (not in trays but handfed from same res) and in the tray, rock shale and hydroton sharing the same res.

The plants were doing great until I popped a sensi star (worst looking plant in the pics below.) Soon after, every other plant in the tray began exhibiting symptoms.

Lemon tree also seems affected (it's in coco, hand fed from same res.) Red/brownish growing tips and bleaching on leaves.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

(lemon tree)
picture.php

picture.php

G

Goodkarma

I don't know but if you don't mind a couple comments.

Second plant from the bottom (before the lemon trees), looks like some type of pest on the leaf (bottom/center).

Citrus trees are horrible scale magnets. I AM NOT SAYING this is caused by scales. I doubt it would cause those symptoms or so early, but for future reference. I planted next to an orange tree and the whole plant was covered in a gooey mess of scales . It was disgusting. Every square inch of most parts of the stalk/stems was covered.

!!!

Now in technicolor
Veteran
good eye! but I don't think it's a pest. I checked them thoroughly and found nothing except 2-3 fungus gnats flying around. What's in the pic is probably a water drop hanging off the tip of a leaf that has nute burn.

joe fresh

Mentor
Veteran
yeah i do not see anything that looksl like tmv, to me what i see is some looke like a bit of nute burn(the twisted leaves...ect) but the pale leaves, scorched edges and stuff looks like a N and K def, so i would suspect they are very hungry

whodair

Veteran
were they having unprotected sex with sensi star ?? is sensi star an IV drug user ??

HydroJen

Check the pH of the runoff and adjust feed accordingly. If ppm & pH of runoff are ideal, try some cal/mag. I like technaflora magical, but it doesn't matter as long as u shake the bottle. Also, it contains Nitrogen, so adjust feed accordingly. Maybe try angel fire calculator