What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

spiter mite problem. need some help.

mk6

I have used organicide before and it only controlls-m, not a total killer, they came back.
I like the product for things like whitefly, or pm, and the fact its all organic...

if you want to kill-m for good, and not ever see-m again I would use folormite. not organic but it will work 100% - not knowing what stage your in, so added; I would not use it after 3 to 5 weeks into flower dependent upon the strain your running...

theres tuns of info on the borg as Im sure your reading now - hope you get a handle on it soon b/c these basterds multiply fast.

Justin_Credible

Mary, Mary, Quite Contrary....
Veteran
For some reason I do not see too many peeps mention neem oil. I use once a week it all the way up until 5-7 days in flower.Takes me all the way to the end; usually. I have also read about floromite which people seem to be able to use successfully while in flower. Directions for using both can be found on IC and even the bottle if u purchase it. Hope this helps and good luck with it...they are named the "borg" around here for good reason.... :tiphat:

airphat36

I'm trying to use Floromite in combination with pyrethrum to get rid of mites without having to bring my perpetual harvest to a halt. You cannot use Floromite during flower so I’m just using pyrethrum in my flowering room until I can harvest. I’m using Floromite on the moms and in the veg room.

I read to apply the Floromite in three applications three days apart. It is also recommended to use a wetting agent as I am using SM-90 with the Floromite. I also picked up a good pressure sprayer to apply to cover top and bottom of leaves. These mites laugh at Neem oil.

Floromite is $180 for 1 qt which is enough to mix hundreds of gallons. Expensive stuff but it must be done.

dustin27

Veteran
For some reason I do not see too many peeps mention neem oil. I use once a week it all the way up until 5-7 days in flower.Takes me all the way to the end; usually. I have also read about floromite which people seem to be able to use successfully while in flower. Directions for using both can be found on IC and even the bottle if u purchase it. Hope this helps and good luck with it...they are named the "borg" around here for good reason.... :tiphat:

Hey bro, I just stared with the neem oil. How do you apply it?? Do you use a little dish soap and water in a spraybottle?

Justin_Credible

Mary, Mary, Quite Contrary....
Veteran
Hey bro, I just stared with the neem oil. How do you apply it?? Do you use a little dish soap and water in a spraybottle?

not sure but I think neem is neem...I follow the directions on back of bottle when I do it...I take the neem bottle and put it in a pot of hot, not boiling water. This makes it so it is easier to shake and mix neem together in bottle. 3 tablespoons (per gal of water) of warm neem and 3 tablespoons of eco friendly dish-soap. Ph'd at 5.8. Spray away man. :tiphat:

Mr. Greengenes

Re-incarnated Senior Member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm with Justin on the neem. I've tried the cold pressed, but I went back to the commercial GreenLight product because I couldn't tell any difference. Both need to be shaken constantly to keep the oil mixed in the water. It's all in the mechanical aspects of application, I think. If you can really soak the undersides of leaves, you'll give them serious hell. Some people swear by hand rubbing, but I'm a tad skeptical about my fingers' ability to get between the veins on the under side of the leaf. I picture the little borgs laying flat in the trench and laughing at my sausage finger going by. Dipping is great too. You can hold a bowl under the leaf and dip each individually, holding the leaf under solution and swishing. Lets see them try to hide from that! ;)

Latest posts

Latest posts