What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1000w Grow tent 4 bucket Rdwc - Chronic by Serious seeds Growlog

Technique

I'm considering doing a grow tent with my coming grow (first). I have a 400w light and a 1000w light, both hps (I have a 360w MH conversion bulb too) and figured if I did a grow tent I would be limited to using the 400 but I couldn't help but notice you're lighting it up with a 1000w. I was checking out a 4'x4'x6' tent. So with those lights, 4 hydro buckets with the DP seeds waiting, and a 135cfm s&p fan, could I pull off using the 1000w in there? I've been putting this project off because I really wanted to flower with the 1000w and haven't been able to figure out where in my place to put the grow, but a tent of that size would be perfect... Your grow is inspiring to me. Thanks

Hey, i think the 1000w might be a bit too much in my and your case.. but i bought it anyway for the future. it seems to do the job but i think is a bit of a waste and higher cost to run. i should be using a 600.. i also had to go out and buy a chiller.. but as with the 1000w a good future investment :)

i had a 150mm inline fan on it in the beginning and it was ok in winter, but in summer no good. had to use a centrifugal job..

that all said you can pull it off easily.. without problems :)

:xmastree:

Technique

Update today, did a small bit of trimming it may have been a bit late but i removed a fair bit of shit under branching.

since i pulled em out of the tent i took some photos :)

First is a side branch bud shot, will keep the main's a bit secret for a while.
second was #2 or rear right in the beginning.
third is #1 or front right in the beginning.

Technique

Small update today. and some shitty photos again white balance seems to keep resetting itself after i take a photo..

running Pk in it for a week. 5 more days to go i think.. will waste alot of water/nutes this time around tho i made too much..

ec is 1.5 and ph is 5.8

:xmastree::xmastree::xmastree::xmastree::xmastree::xmastree::xmastree:

:thanks:

Technique

A few more photos today just before xmas :)

last few days of the Pk booster.. then flush and onto some strong shit for the final 4 weeks i think.

Thing are looking good! i have 4 clones of the bigger #2 (back) plant for the next run.. but now i am thinking i should have nabbed #1 instead as its a bit shorter and seems to be flowering a bit quicker..

No#1's main yummyness

No#2's main yummmmmy

No#1

No#2

next time i'll have more time for training and will be able to somewhat keep a even canopy :) cant wait to have 4 plants rocking in there however!

:thanks::xmastree::xmastree::xmastree::xmastree::xmastree::thanks:

Hope you all have a good one!!

fatigues

Veteran
Nice plants. Really showing off well. Gratz.

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Technique again."

Technique

I'm at roughly day 22 since bud formation has happened. and i guess about 26 of 12/12.

5 more weeks left or there abouts!

A couple more quick photos as i was checking today while it was dark.

things are ok, a bit burnt up top from maybe the beginning no sweat however doesnt seem to be an all over issue and i'd rather keep the big energy collectors :)

ph 5.8 and ec is 1.4 new batch mixed up and i've just finished up using pk 13-14 so back on to the normal + boost

Technique

Just another quick one. will pull em out tomorrow and clean up inside and have a good look over them. i'm quiet happy with what i see tho.

will have some nice photos tomorrow.

Technique

So quiet in here!! wake up everyone :)

a few shots of today.. i took a few more but they turned out blurry.. cleaned the room a little found some bugs in the res again. shitty flies. roots dont look too happy but will be ok... maybe its the rhizo i use?

Main Bud on #1 (about 25cm tall)

Side Bud on #2 (about 20cm tall)

Main Bud on #2 (about 40cm tall)

HighTech

Heidi ho tecnique,

things are looking great! you overtook my grow due to my plants stalling from supercropping.

Lol BASTARD!!!

Technique

Muhahaha it is storming ahead. i think maybe the co2 powder i am feeding it.

i hope i can end up with a p or more.. they are about 5ft tall and covering the 1m wide tent :)

JWP

Looking good mate. I can see you have planned this grow well. 4 just the right amount lol

Any humidity trouble?

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
Oh boy they have been filling in and out.

Oh your last few pictures look as if I'm seeing a little leaf tip burn on the top of the colas (or just one cola) with a little yellowing on some of the leaves?

Technique

may have been ph problems again as i was without a meter for a week. not too sure i'll keep an eye on it.

ec is only on 1.3ish so its not too strong.

dont think i have humidity problems. not really sure havent replaced batterys in the temp gauge

haha lazy grow its turned into..

JWP

hahaha take the batteries out of your tv remote or scales or whatever and put em back in the hygrometer

LSDarkstar

cool man ..thanks technique. I'm new here and am curious about this strain. Thanks for your work man. :deadxmas:

sounds like its a pretty good strain.

I like your pics and deadication bro. Thanks for keeping the flame on this one. Cause I'm really curious to watch this..is it as Low Odor as I've heard it to be ?

Peace..

Technique

Back for a short break, things are looking fine after being away a few days.

did a flush and nutrient change. final stretch now i guess 3 weeks or so left.

batteries are back in the hygrometer :p and working well, new ph probe also..

cant say i have problems with the strain its going rather well and no complaints at all. it doesnt really smell much at all. you wouldnt even know it was there. even when i am cleaning the tents floor bumping the branches you cant really smell much at all. pretty happy so far..

i just hope one of the two is a keeper for future. tho it looks like they both might be.

will grab some pictures soon :)

Technique

finally took some photos, not sure whats happening it looks kinda like reveg on the larger plant's main bud tho there is about 3 weeks left. the other is kinda fine. i got a bit lazy over the xmas break :(

doesnt look like any pests in there however.
Problem plant?

Group shot

Problem plant

#1 smaller pheno