What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1000W Soil & Hydro(dwc) (OPIUM-EUFORIA-S.A.G.E-DELAHAZE-S.A.D-BRAINSTORM-CRITICAL+)

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
22 days 12\12

hi,

Try using enzym products to get rid of the decaying organic matter in your mix.

http://www.hygrozyme.com/

This one is expensive but you can get others much cheaper.

peace

Thanks for the advice.I'll buy any enzyme product only if I see root rot or something wrong.Actually I'm thinking dead plant's roots will remain the same till the end,without trouble...and I hope so too!

Just a pair of pics from today:

Dirt style

Hydro style

Have a nice week-end folks!:wave:

HighTech

Hey buddy, id definately remove as much of those roots as you can , your providing a habitat for the bacteria we dont want. as adbuludr mentioned, a good Enzyme product/ Aerobic bacteria supplement will help eat the decaying roots. They might look fine now but in a week your whole rez will smell like rotted vegetables and the plants will start to die :(.

22 days 12\12

Thanks for the advice.I'll buy any enzyme product only if I see root rot or something wrong.Actually I'm thinking dead plant's roots will remain the same till the end,without trouble...and I hope so too!

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey buddy, id definately remove as much of those roots as you can , your providing a habitat for the bacteria we dont want. as adbuludr mentioned, a good Enzyme product/ Aerobic bacteria supplement will help eat the decaying roots. They might look fine now but in a week your whole rez will smell like rotted vegetables and the plants will start to die :(.

Hi man,
I would remove roots but I can't,really.Did you see how they are embedded?I'll try to remove them if I'll see something wrong because I don't want to stress the other plants.
Why you say '' the plants will start to die''?because bad bacteria?
Deacayng root are only organic matter and I think will not damage the others.If I add any enzyme product I also thing decomposition will be faster and don't know if this helps or not!
However I'll start to see if I can recover any enzyme product...and please...I have this product below?Do you think it can helps?
add-rhizo_content_1.png

Rhizotonic

CANNA RHIZOTONIC is a powerful, algae based, vegetative stimulator for roots of fast-growing plants that already have roots or root initials. RHIZOTONIC stimulates further root development, increases the plant’s resistance to disease and promotes its inner and outer strength.
RHIZOTONIC is 100% natural, and contains multiple vitamins. RHIZOTONIC influences the root environment and is the ideal supplement for the crop environment created by the grower. RHIZOTONIC has a calming effect on plants, and is ideally suited for use when shipping or re-potting plants. RHIZOTONIC will also improve plants that are unhealthy or poorly developed.
RHIZOTONIC can be used regardless of the type of medium. It is suitable for cultivation in potting mix and hydro culture. RHIZOTONIC is often sprayed on leaves and can be used as a simple means for raising the pH level in fertilizer tanks.
Root stimulant
RHIZOTONIC adds more than 60 microbiological substances that considerably speeds up the growth of a balanced root environment. Various trace elements and vitamins such as B1&B2 have been added to RHIZOTONIC in order to stimulate the plant production of hormones and root growth, thus providing better and stronger roots.
Vital plants
Good results start with a healthy plant. There are many different ways of stimulating plants aside from a healthy balance of EC levels, acidity, temperature, air and light. RHIZOTONIC does so during and in the rooting and growing phase. Another important element in RHIZOTONIC is the root-strengthening hormone Oligosaccharide. Scientific research has shown its beneficial effect in the creation of root cells without any negative side effects. Your plants will be certain to get beautiful, strong white roots with RHIZOTONIC.
Benefits of CANNA RHIZOTONIC:
• Aids in the immediate generation of lush, new root growth on cuttings and transplants.
• When used as a seed soak prior to planting, it will speed up the germination process.
• Enhances overall plant growth and chemical reactions in the plant to ensure a healthier, powerful and stronger plant.
• Aids in the recovery process of any plant or cutting that has been subjected to stress in any way whatsoever.

Thanks again buddies!:wave:

HighTech

noreason>

Enzymes can only handle so much organic matter to eat, you have to remember these things are microscopic and your bunch of roots is a bunch of roots.

Cannazym is the enzyme product canna makes that you need.

I understand the roots are caught up, however you'll have to accept trimming a few off the other plant to get most of the dead ones.

plants can accept a little bit of root trimmage without a problem.

The situation here is really do you want to stunt your plant slightly? or have it die half way through flowering.

I had an ENTIRE crop die to this...

and i was using an enzyme product and heaps more air then you. I simply didn't clip enough roots out, and filter them out (as theyll start to float around loose as they rot)

Good luck.

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ammazza che foresta :yoinks:

Alla grande compà :yes:

RASPECT!!!

grazie fratello!Ci si becca a Roma il 5?spero di si!

noreason>

Enzymes can only handle so much organic matter to eat, you have to remember these things are microscopic and your bunch of roots is a bunch of roots.

Cannazym is the enzyme product canna makes that you need.

I understand the roots are caught up, however you'll have to accept trimming a few off the other plant to get most of the dead ones.

plants can accept a little bit of root trimmage without a problem.

The situation here is really do you want to stunt your plant slightly? or have it die half way through flowering.

I had an ENTIRE crop die to this...

and i was using an enzyme product and heaps more air then you. I simply didn't clip enough roots out, and filter them out (as theyll start to float around loose as they rot)

Good luck.

Hi buddy,
thanks a lot for all of these infos.I deep appreciate them.
However,I don't know if I'm stupid or what!I already have an enzymes product!
It's ATAZYME from Atami.I'm using it from the beginning.I didn't realize it's the same we talked about.Check the link below to see its description

http://www.atami.com/countries/prod...oductLine=ATA&SubCategory=Product+Information

Tomorrow or the day after,I'll change the solution in the rez so I can see how the dead plant's roots became.
What will be the cause of other plant's death if I don't remove them?What was yours?Root rot?or what?

HighTech

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Root_rot

Root rott describes various anaerobic bacteria that feed off the dead plant matter.

Your enzyme product is absolutely fine.

Start tugging gently on the roots and you should be able to get a bunch out too without damaging the other. The rotting ones will come apart like soggy paper.

HT

fR4Nk

Congratulations for the great job man ... this is your best?
I think it's just the best! great great job! I see with pleasure the critical that is already well under way, you will not harvest a lot, but of excellent quality! A good taste ... although I have been able to snatch! Best regard!
P.S. What did I tell you?? big beautiful forest! ,) Best regards

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Root_rot

Root rott describes various anaerobic bacteria that feed off the dead plant matter.

Your enzyme product is absolutely fine.

Start tugging gently on the roots and you should be able to get a bunch out too without damaging the other. The rotting ones will come apart like soggy paper.

HT

Ya right.It's exactely what I want to do!When root rot take its way on the roots sure I 'll can tug them easily,you know.Tomorrow I'll change the water and see the roots status.More pics tomorrow.

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
34 days 12\12

Here I am again buddies.
In the growroom everything's nice,the brainstorm and the delahaze in hydro setup became fuckin'huge.I really didn't expect this but I was ready the same...I moved hps lamp and added one 125W more.Now I stopped to feed them with N.I think they have enough in them till crop.
Now the lamps are 2 x 400w hps and 2 x 125w RE 6700 for a total of 1050w.Maybe some low branches are not enough lightened but I think it's pretty bright in the room.
Dead plant's roots maybe reduced in thickness but they don't smell bad and are still white...so for now they are in the rez.In a few days I'll check it again.
Ec in the rez is 1.2,ph 5.8.They suck 2,5 liters per day now:yoinks:
they start to seems like little xmas tree with those white flowers:xmastree::YaRight:
I also let lowered temps till 14,5° in the night to see if resin production increase.I can't say for sure it works well but for sure they are plenty of resin,especially the two SAGE.A lot of resin for 30 days in bloom.One opium shows a purple look.I think it's due to low temps but it's only one on several plants,so I think it's a specific pheno,right?

As ever any comment is welcome mates.:wave:

tjo

life gardener
Veteran
wow! those roots are amazing.nice grow mate.
i will suggest you to rise a litle bit the ec..im in 10 days 12/12
and my ec is almost 2.
cheers:smokeit:

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
38 days 12\12

wow! those roots are amazing.nice grow mate.
i will suggest you to rise a litle bit the ec..im in 10 days 12/12
and my ec is almost 2.
cheers:smokeit:

Thanks to stop tjo.
I'm ''new'' to dwc and I don't know if I should rise ec.
For now it's 1.3 and I rise it a bit everyday when I see it decrease.
If tomorrow ec is the same of today I never mind about.
I am a little scared to burn my plants,so I decided to stay low...are you sure I can increase it without troubles?I really want to understand their limit,but with no burns,you know!
Tomorrow I'll rise it a little more till 1.4...or more?

complimenti fratello

very nice!!

grazie cumpà!tieni le dita incrociate che poi mi dirai.....

I discovered thrips infected my plants.Now they are only few larvae but I need to kill them!kill'em all!:dueling:
I ordered a product on the web based on ''spinosad'' hope it works but I'm pretty sure of this.
Buds are fattening up,plenty of resin.very nice.
The SAGE is the best resin producer,enstablished!
here are few pics took today:

SAGE buds

Dirt

Hydro(notice how big they are,really huge,they are only two plants)

tjo

life gardener
Veteran
im noob like you mate..as i told you my plants is 14 days flower
and my ec is almost 2.if you want to go low try the 1,6-1,8.
one note..my plants are indica..sativas wants less food.
try it and see..if is too much,next day you have yellow tips in the leaves..
cheers.:smokeit:

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
im noob like you mate..as i told you my plants is 14 days flower
and my ec is almost 2.if you want to go low try the 1,6-1,8.
one note..my plants are indica..sativas wants less food.
try it and see..if is too much,next day you have yellow tips in the leaves..
cheers.:smokeit:

Today I rised it at 1.4.Tomorrow or the day after I'll take up at 1.5-1.6 and see what happen.:wave:

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
40 days 12\12

Today I did a water change.
Roots are fine.dead roots are decaying without trouble.
No root rot:woohoo:

I increase nutes till 1.5mS, ph 5.8 - 6.0 hope everything go right.

here a couple of pics

you can see those dead roots losing their thickness.the pot up on the left.notice those white residues between roots...it's flocculation.