What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Massachusetts; 13th state to decriminilize small amounts of pot?

Rudedewd

Well we'll see what happens today. I'm a lil leary of polls this year. It is a step in the right direction but what we really need in mass is medical mj. One thing about the new law is if you have a small grow even though cultivation laws don't change I don't think they'll be so apt to issue warrants unless they suspect you of selling. I can't believe that decriminalization hasn't occurred long before now. I thought for sure it'd be decriminalized in the 70's and look how long ago that was.

thekingofNY

Cannasseur
Anyone know of any news sites reporting on this issue or the results, or when specifically we will know the outcome?

Deft

Get two birds stoned at once
Veteran
I just voted, and I got 3 people in my family to vote yes also, friends all will too.

I voted for Nader, Obama is going to take MA no doubt so I thought I would show a little support for a 3rd party candidate.

I'm so anxious to see the results, when will we have them?

thekingofNY

Cannasseur
I voted earlier, should have mentioned that, i voted YES, YES and NO on questions 1, 2, 3...

FYI, anyone that wants to know, can text the word "questions" to 88709, and they will text u the results to the questions for MA as they come in... they warn u it could be late. They had another word to text that number for the president, but i dont care about that lol...

Also this is through news channel 7 and WHDH.com so i would imagine its very safe/not tracked. Although if your a paranoid type or have like 12k watts going, maybe its not a good idea for you. Ill come post the results as soon as I hear them....even if it requires getting out of bed.

Deft

Veteran
I am watching 7 too, saw the same thing but I don't want to pay for a text lol, I hate that shite.

I voted no yes no ...

Last edited:

Deft

Veteran
I won't believe it till I see the final results!

Damn the early numbers are good though!

G

Guest 18340

FUCKIN AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CONGRADULATIONS MASSACHUSETTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thekingofNY

Cannasseur
I can't believe this, i heard it on the news, i see it on the websites, and it still hasn't really sunk in yet. I find it amusing we got decrim. before medical.... but whatever, baby steps ppl.

thekingofNY

Cannasseur
trademanny said:
Question, does the governor still need to sign it?

Nope, this was a binding ballot question, it takes effect 30 days from Today.... my question is what happens if u get caught with under an oz in the meantime...? By the time it got to court it would be non criminal....and u would be in criminal court.

http://wbz.com/MA-voters-OK-easing-marijuana-laws/3258229

Boston (AP) -- People caught with an ounce or less of marijuana won't be considered criminals in Massachusetts.

Voters have approved a measure to ease marijuana laws. Under the new law, which takes effect in 30 days, those caught will be forced to give up the pot and pay a $100 fine, instead of facing criminal penalties.

Supporters say the measure spares those caught with small amounts of the drug from having a criminal record, which can make it harder to get a job, student loan or gain access to public housing.

Critics, led by the state's 11 district attorneys, warn the measure could lead to more drug abuse among young people.

Under the new law, anyone under 18 also has to complete a drug awareness course or may a stiffer, $1,000 fine.

thekingofNY

Cannasseur
hererisssh said:
Way to go anyone who voted for this! I was more excited before I read the following:
http://www.boston.com/news/local/breaking_news/2008/11/question_2_setu.html?p1=Well_MostPop_Emailed2

Am I to believe they can still fuck this up? Please tell me this guy is an idiot.

that link is the only source that said that.... its not like they cant fuck it up by just "not doing anything about it" like they do with other non binding votes.... and its very clear, 2/3 citizens here approve of decrim...

http://www1.whdh.com/elections/MA081104/race.php?rn=24359
(by city results)

trademanny

This is tremendous... Now if only we can get medical legislation so we can have a loophole around the growing part, we'll be all set... Hooray!

hererisssh

It's the only one I found as well kony, it's so hard to believe that it passed that I've been searching everywhere to get a write that wasn't an AP feed.