What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

midwest growers unite

J20C

I've grown a couple of times, only had one go completely to harvest, and the rest are dudders, but I live in the smack dab of the midwest, Nebraska to be specific.

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
hows the humidity in nebraska? ive driven down I-80 numerous times, that area is so flat and expansive i figured outdoor ops would have the best luck but i guess thats a coin flip once tornado season starts.

dkmonk

Hey whats up everyone im reppin Indiana here, pretty much all over i have friend and family from Ft Wayne to Evansville and everywhere in between, so im pretty in tune with what is going on in indiana (more in what is being sold commercially).

I havent read the whole thread yet but did your guys crops get fucked by all the rain we had during june and most of july, it really fucked up my outdoor grow. If any of you guys did survive through the june months please give me some info lol

Glad to of caught this thread even though on page 19, hopefully i can join murk or muff or murda lol i like them all, and i took murk as like the same as murda, peace and love for all the mid west growers i feel your stuggle.

dkmonk

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
i know all the damn rain stopped me from even starting outdoors, i remember chatting with someone in iowa and theyre outdoor plans got scrapped as well due to the weather.

B

Blakendn

dkmonk said:
Hey whats up everyone im reppin Indiana here, pretty much all over i have friend and family from Ft Wayne to Evansville and everywhere in between, so im pretty in tune with what is going on in indiana (more in what is being sold commercially).

I havent read the whole thread yet but did your guys crops get fucked by all the rain we had during june and most of july, it really fucked up my outdoor grow. If any of you guys did survive through the june months please give me some info lol

Glad to of caught this thread even though on page 19, hopefully i can join murk or muff or murda lol i like them all, and i took murk as like the same as murda, peace and love for all the mid west growers i feel your stuggle.

dkmonk

I LOSE PLANTS OUTDOOR EVERY YEAR TO THE RAIN. THE ONLY THING THAT CAN STOP THE RAIN IS TO MAKE SURE U PLANT ENOUGH PLANTS, CAUSE SOME ARE GOING TO DIE NO MATTER WHAT U DO. WIND AND RAIN CAN B A MOFO

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
I've driven down I-80 a few times, always admired the farms lining the road cause it got me thinking that if I lived on one I'd have a few outdoor patches. :rasta:
Usually the farms have stands of trees here and there, and I always think if I scatter some plants near the trees, no one will be the wiser.
Then again, never occurred to me that TOO much rain could ruin a crop; I grow DWC, so there's no such thing as too much water, only too little oxygen.
I would think most years it's too little water is the problem. Obviously, this year is a different story. Hope you guys pull through with something decent! They can't all be bumper crops. :joint:

The Vermonster

Looking good guys........Dr nice od pics bro and i agree Blake would run the show w/ all the dank strains he has......nice job guys....just dropping by to say HI......

L

lostinethereal

Humidity in Nebraska is out of control right now, for fuck sakes it's been 105 heat index for 3 days, I'm fucking sweating my ass off.

It's only like 70% right now but it's not uncommon for it to be consistently in the 90% during this time of year, thanks to all the farms, irrigation and transpiration from the plants. For those of you familiar with I-80, take any of the highways through here and you'll see almost nothing but hemp lining the ditches along the road.

I'm out in Lincoln myself, one thing that we are good for here is morel mushrooms though. I've found some patches out in Crete, and fields of P. subbalteatus to the NE of Lincoln.

L

lostinethereal

Ok, here is my girly, she's at day 38 of 12/12, with about a week and a half of veg (24/0) after breaking ground.

Side view, she's in a 18oz cup, she's almost touching one of the bulbs, so she stands about a foot all with cup, lol.

I think I was having some nute lock out, I leeched the soil a few times by dunking, fed with a really dilute solution of nutes and today she got full strength again, so this could be from before;

And here is a top view, the buds are getting much much fatter, especially noticeable in the last 2 days after leeching the soil, trichs are developing nicely, and she doesn't have much of a smell that I can tell right now. My nose is plugged up, but when I brushed my hand against the top of the buds the smell was intense. Very sweet and dank, but I can't describe it more than that.

Last edited:

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
LIE: nice looking plant. You doing a micro grow? Check out DrBudgreengenes thread on his micro cfl grow. Puts em in 20 oz soda bottles, 9 bottles per square foot, gets 7-21 grams dry per bottle. His gram/watt ratio is insane, like 2.0, maybe greater.
If I ever have to do a micro grow in a cab, I'd definitely use his method.
Never been on I80 past eastern Iowa. I don't think I've seen hemp in the ditches along the stretch I drive, maybe I need to go farther west?
On a side note, you being in Lincoln, how do you think the Huskers are going to do? You think Pelini will bring back the Osborne days of dominance? Can't be any worse than Callahan, I suppose. I'm a Big Ten man myself, but I enjoyed watching the Huskers, if only because they ran the option, which is somewhat unusual for a really good team. :joint:

L

lostinethereal

I'm familiar with the thread, any of them in the micro grows section really. I'm using techniques from him, just modified a bit. I don't have the head space for budsicles, but I have some new ones going in 20oz bottles, they work much better than these disposable cups. Tonight after work I'm going to get a MO and send out some money for a pack of Cannacopia seeds, I think me and the GF settled on bubba chunk, but man I can't narrow it down from 6 of them).

As far as the huskers, I don't really follow them, I don't care for sports really. But I do remember the glory days of back to back champions, and that was kind of cool, so I'm always rooting for that.

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
since youre under cfls you may want to look into the biggest yielder of the 6. from wha i know pure DC needs lots of root room and veg time and gives minimal yields, and bubba kush is more a of a quality over quantity strain. if you got the time and patience though go for it.

L

lostinethereal

Well, it's a microcab so it's certainly not enough smokage for me, I figure if I could get a oz or so every 2 months that's good, but definitely not enough (80w cab). So yield isn't the most important, I always told myself I can afford to go with quality over quantity when I start growing. This is my first time growing so I'm just using this cab to get the hang of it, and I can use it for a mom/clone box once I setup this other one behind me (not very big, but I reckon' I can fit 2 150hps in a cool tube and a few CFLs in it). I'm sure with that cab I can get pretty much enough smoke for me and her, especially with a prepetual harvest, it's easier to stretch the ganja when you're harvesting bi-weekly instead of bi-monthly.

My choices that I could narrow down were C99xDC, Magnum, or BC Roadkill, but it's sorta always my call with this stuff so I was gonna let the GF help pick out the beans.

The one I have in there is getting noticeably much fatter by the day, and I still can't really smell anything until I squash the buds to let out some of that aroma, very intense, smells fuckin' great though when I do.

Dr. G

Bababooey said:
Wow, Dr. G, good thing you didn't poke the eyeball itself. Can you wear sunglasses when poking through the brush or would it be too dark?

Outdoor plot looks good. Plants about 2 feet tall I reckon. They stopped stretching, now they're just filling out? Well, your yield might not be what it would with 6 foot tall bushes, but at least it's more stealth.

Also, when you say you should cover the soil, do you mean camouflage it so that it's harder to see from the air, it doesn't look like a garden so much?

Other than that, looks like a decent harvest, should tide you over till next year's outdoor, unless you smoke a lot of people up...
:joint:

well there not flowering yet so no stretch but they didnt grow upwards in like 2 weeks much but they did some i havent seen them since these pics but my partner says there doing amazing

ya i was talking about covering it up since i have 2 threads one at another site i just copy and paste the text and pics

but im not too worried about choppers theres nowhere they could even land this is on top of a huge hill a lake behind it and alot of houses all around

still got one more plant to put out too.....

and unless this pot is unbeleivable its mostly going to my friends who cant grow their own i can provide more than enough chron for myself with my indoor just looking to get some nice toys this fall :muahaha:

plus all the plants but 2 are plant that didnt make the grade in my indoor since ive been running alot of seeds to find good mothers

ill have pics of my indoor tonight prolly

get ready for some purple buds :joint:

Last edited:

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
thanks for the drumroll Dr G

thanks for the drumroll Dr G

he finished his last post with get ready for some purple buds, i think i beat him to the punch :D

esbe's ap11 x erdpurt, these are all of the top buds and cola, id say maybe 1.5-2oz when dried.

this is what im gonna go for next time. only the far bottom branched out, i didnt top/FIM it at all. and yes, the scissor hash was purple :jump:

my oddity called chemDkush, in the last 2 weeks this gal has suddenly swelled up. its getting the chop at 75 days even though it looks like it could maybe do a little more.

chemDkush macro

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Nice buds!
Is this your first time with both strains? How long are you going to wait until a smoke report?
Also, is the chemdkush from Rez? I want to get some of his chemd bx's when some more come up, heard a lot of good things about the chemd...

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Raythat: Delicious looking buds!
What's the lineage on Sugar Blossom? You got a smoke report on her?
Is that soil or hydro?
What's that one bud looks like it's got leaves growing out of the top? Did you harvest the top buds early and then let the lower ones mature?
Motown's got some dank! Better watch out for those DEA guys, I've been watching their Spike TV show and they took down a growhouse - the only episode I saw. Usually they're going after the crack and heroin dealers, but they got their eye out for growers as well it seems...

raythat

Bababooey said:
Raythat: Delicious looking buds!
What's the lineage on Sugar Blossom? You got a smoke report on her?
Is that soil or hydro?
What's that one bud looks like it's got leaves growing out of the top? Did you harvest the top buds early and then let the lower ones mature?
Motown's got some dank! Better watch out for those DEA guys, I've been watching their Spike TV show and they took down a growhouse - the only episode I saw. Usually they're going after the crack and heroin dealers, but they got their eye out for growers as well it seems...
What up Bababooey , The lineage on the Sugar Blossom is White Widow X Genius havent done a smoke report yet still drying ,Planted all 10 seeds got 6 females veg under 600 watts hps until about 18inch then they got the flip under 600watthps grown in all coco with fox farm nutri

Dont know why the leaves grew out of the top of this one I have seen that DEA show on spike TV aka RAT DEA on every episode someone is Snitching lol

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
White widow x the Genius clones sounds dank and delicious! You keep some clones or are you gonna pop another strain? I've heard that it's best to run a plant twice in order to find out how truly good it is; something to do with genetic maturity?
Coco, huh? Heard real good things about soil-less coco, can get some big bushes with medium size pots. Don't need to be lugging around 5 gallon buckets of soil anymore, :rasta:
Snitches are an epidemic. Everyone looking out for their own skin. Well, at least you know what those DEA dudes look like. If you see one sitting in a car on your street, it's tear down time. That would majorly suck, but better safe than sorry. Stay safe. :joint: