Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Well Wishes > R.I.P. Tom Petty

Thread Title Search
R.I.P. Tom Petty Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-03-2017, 03:58 PM #21
Betterhaff

Betterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant future
Another legend gone, taken too soon. I loved his candor in both his songs and quips. A favorite quote:

“I have a blessed life. I think any time you’re making a living at what you love to do, you’re blessed. That’s what I try to instill in my kids. Go after what you really love and find a way to make that work for you, and then you’ll be a happy person.”
-Tom Petty

Thank you for your music and RIP.
Betterhaff is offline Quote

Old 10-03-2017, 04:02 PM #22
trichrider
THEORETICAL

trichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond repute
i count myself lucky to have lived during his tenure here.
RIP Tom

trichrider is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-03-2017, 05:45 PM #23
OranguTrump

OranguTrump has much to be proud ofOranguTrump has much to be proud ofOranguTrump has much to be proud ofOranguTrump has much to be proud ofOranguTrump has much to be proud ofOranguTrump has much to be proud ofOranguTrump has much to be proud ofOranguTrump has much to be proud ofOranguTrump has much to be proud ofOranguTrump has much to be proud ofOranguTrump has much to be proud of
I saw early/awesome Petty in July of '86. Buffalo. With Dylan & Grateful Dead. Legendary concert, legendary drug use by us. Such a talent.

I am a Pasta-Rasta

"I used to do drugs. I still do, but I used to, too." - Mitch Hedberg

"Dave's not here"

*** RIP to the greatest character actor ever - Harry Dean Stanton ***
OranguTrump is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-03-2017, 09:01 PM #24
the gnome

the gnome has much to be proud ofthe gnome has much to be proud ofthe gnome has much to be proud ofthe gnome has much to be proud ofthe gnome has much to be proud ofthe gnome has much to be proud ofthe gnome has much to be proud ofthe gnome has much to be proud ofthe gnome has much to be proud ofthe gnome has much to be proud ofthe gnome has much to be proud of
tom petty, he's true national treasure
I was inches away from making his last tour my 1st, never to happen now.
he hinted it would be his last, after his entire life was dedicated to his music and fans
at last he planned to take time with his new grand daughter.
he was rare rare talent playing 2-1/2hr shows with the crowd knowing
words to all the songs and singing along
he leaves a void I doubt will ever be filled

I believe he's making plans upstairs with george and roy now that
3 outta 5 of the traveling willburys have reunited!

RIP
Tom Petty
1950 - 2017

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-03-2017, 09:22 PM #25
Syd Barrett

Syd Barrett has much to be proud ofSyd Barrett has much to be proud ofSyd Barrett has much to be proud ofSyd Barrett has much to be proud ofSyd Barrett has much to be proud ofSyd Barrett has much to be proud ofSyd Barrett has much to be proud ofSyd Barrett has much to be proud ofSyd Barrett has much to be proud ofSyd Barrett has much to be proud ofSyd Barrett has much to be proud of
So sad news...

RIP Tom.
My favourite one...
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
I AGREE
Syd Barrett is online now Quote

Old 10-04-2017, 01:25 AM #26
iBogart

iBogart is just really niceiBogart is just really niceiBogart is just really niceiBogart is just really niceiBogart is just really niceiBogart is just really niceiBogart is just really niceiBogart is just really niceiBogart is just really niceiBogart is just really nice
Just had this old memory when I was traveling in my VW van coming home from a surf sesh. It was late afternoon and I had half a joint in the ash tray. I sparked it up and turned on the radio and the DJ was introducing Tom Petty's latest single. This was the song...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsH4CrwExCQ

Thanks for all the great memories. Gone too fast. RIP Tom Petty
iBogart is offline Quote

Old 10-04-2017, 02:19 AM #27
Capt.Ahab
Feeding the ducks with a bun.

Capt.Ahab is a survivorCapt.Ahab is a survivorCapt.Ahab is a survivorCapt.Ahab is a survivorCapt.Ahab is a survivorCapt.Ahab is a survivorCapt.Ahab is a survivorCapt.Ahab is a survivorCapt.Ahab is a survivorCapt.Ahab is a survivorCapt.Ahab is a survivor
I really liked the Traveling Wilburys.
Man, what a line up.
Jeff Lynne, Bob Dylan, Roy Orbison, George Harrison and Tom.

End of the Line.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
I AGREE

Handle with Care
I AGREE
"Mark ye, be forewarned; Ahab's above the common; Ahab's been in colleges, as well as 'mong the cannibals; been used to deeper wonders than the waves; fixed his fiery lance in mightier, stranger foes than whales.'"
Capt.Ahab is offline Quote

Old 10-04-2017, 04:46 AM #28
Jellyfish
Invertebrata intoxica

Jellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivor
The End Of The Line video will never seem the same.
Quote:
Maybe somewhere down the road when somebody plays... Purple Haze
Jellyfish is offline Quote

Old 10-04-2017, 08:21 AM #29
GeorgeWBush

GeorgeWBush is just really niceGeorgeWBush is just really niceGeorgeWBush is just really niceGeorgeWBush is just really niceGeorgeWBush is just really niceGeorgeWBush is just really niceGeorgeWBush is just really niceGeorgeWBush is just really niceGeorgeWBush is just really niceGeorgeWBush is just really niceGeorgeWBush is just really nice
anyone else feel like a part of their childhood died with Tom? I remember being a teenager and seeing the" don't come around here no more " video...and have been a fan ever since...RIP Tom Petty.
GeorgeWBush is offline Quote

Old 10-06-2017, 06:42 AM #30
MAHA KALA

MAHA KALA has much to be proud ofMAHA KALA has much to be proud ofMAHA KALA has much to be proud ofMAHA KALA has much to be proud ofMAHA KALA has much to be proud ofMAHA KALA has much to be proud ofMAHA KALA has much to be proud ofMAHA KALA has much to be proud ofMAHA KALA has much to be proud ofMAHA KALA has much to be proud ofMAHA KALA has much to be proud of
RIP
MAHA KALA is offline Quote