What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

It's official...Prohibition ends tonight!!!

Green Squall

This is a total abuse of power and a big fuck you to the voters.

"During periods when formal sessions are barred, lawmakers can resort to “informals” to get things done.

Informals tend to have sparse attendance and are generally reserved for voting on measures that are noncontroversial, of relatively minor importance, or both. Think bridge names and liquor licenses.

A key reason for that: In an informal session, a measure is not allowed to pass if even a single legislator present voices an objection.

But all that is required for lawmakers to enter informals and pass a measure is to have at least one Republican and at least one Democrat present.

Passing a controversial measure via an informal session has happened before, but it is challenging because it typically requires a lot of behind-the-scenes jockeying."

UPDATED LINK: http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...may-delayed/StlB04ayOcNl8RksKmMwkJ/story.html

Lots of people are pissed off tonight. Even those who voted against legalization.

Last edited:

Cannabologist

Veteran
- They'll be a mass of lawsuits over this ruling for sure, especially if the governor signs it into law, which is likely if there isn't enough outcry... This is even and especially bad for the legal dispensaries currently open, which take ultimate advantage by the mass cannabis commission dragging their heals; I imagine more than one dispensary either open or trying to open will fight that ruling if it becomes law, and they will absolutely win in court over it. No one should be getting their panties in a bunch yet, but it is a snide move.

Muleskinner

Veteran
these c*nts-in-suits are actiing like they own us, like we're serfs on Pfizer's plantation. What a disgrace.

Be sure to call your reps' offices and the leadership (Rosenberg, Deleo) and tell them what c*nts they are!

III%

That's some BS, 12 plants is barely enough, if they scale back then number of legal plants hopefully they wake up in the morning to riots.

If anything the limits in these legal states should be increased to 24 minimum.

Most ppl I know from up in MA will probably just do what ever they want anyways. At that rate I hope everyone chooses to grow their own and their mafia of state sactioned pot shops falls on its face.

Muleskinner

Veteran
Good news - Sen. Pat Jehlen, a 20-year sponsor of cannabis reform, has been put in charge of the MJ "committee" and said plants and possession limits should not be reduced. The other legislators still need to hear it from us.

Also, a bill has been filed to completely removed home limits on plants & herb, so we can urge legsilators to remove the liimts.

seebass1000

Came to post what MJPassion posted. Weed was already defacto legal in Massachusetts. Has been for years. Now we just have the opportunity for big business to move in eliminating all the mom n pop growers.

Seems to be the case across the country .... Nm is getting worse claiming to be getting better... used to be 8 ounces was a ticket then 1 and now 1/2 and they claim more freedom.... SMH

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
All in favor of a bigger salary say aye.

The ayes have it... Good work all.

Meeting adjourned.

We will reconvene after a series of vacations and shopping sprees, having forgot about anything our constituents care about and galvinizing a hatred for those noisy poor masses who won't let us enjoy our hard earned time off.

Schmucks. :moon:

Muleskinner

Veteran
Legislature is about to give the cannabis community a good ass-raping - bend over! They're going to raise the tax from 12% to 20%. There's still time to call the governor and tell him to uphold his pledge to veto any tax increases from the Legislature.

Lawmakers agree to rewrite of voter-approved pot law, propose taxes up to 20 percent

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2...ate-pot-law/nXIL6oqWNh3BJNysS5jbsN/story.html

Office of the Governor
Room 280
Boston, MA 02133

Office Hours:
Monday – Friday
9:00am – 5:00pm

Phone: 617.725.4005

Green Squall

He's a spineless little bitch. I wrote him this spring and never heard back.

I'm not happy about the changes, but at least they are leaving plant limits alone.

Muleskinner

Veteran
My post above wasn't quite correct - the tax rate was actually raised from 12% to 23% - towns will be allowed to have a 3% "host agreement" extortion tax. So just about doubled the tax we just voted on.

Clearly out best option now is total outdoor overgrow! It's too late for this year, but next spring we need to get everybody growing some big outdoor plants and give it all away. Let's see how that affects their tax greed - they'll get nothing.

Latest posts

Latest posts