What's new

Congrats, legal for med users

Yes, way to go! I have a question for those more well versed in these matters. There is no mention of chronic pain or the like, do you think "other conditions as determined in writing by a qualifying patient's physician" will come to include things like that?

(C) "Debilitating medical condition" shall mean:
Cancer, glaucoma, positive status for human immunodeficiency virus, acquired
immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS), hepatitis C, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
(ALS), Crohn's disease, Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis and other conditions
as determined in writing by a qualifying patient’s physician.

Again, congrats! :tiphat:

farmer420

As part of masscann, I do believe they well include chronic pain as part of other conditions. A lot of medical patients with chronic pain can benefit from the use of cbd.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
"other conditions as determined in writing by a qualifying patient's physician"
In California, that type of wording is used to 'recommend' cannabis for everything from cancer to ingrown toe-nails. Seriously.

I heartily applaud it as well. As far as I can tell, there are millions of people that are 'partying' with cannabis when they're actually improperly 'medicating' with it. They 'need' to be medicated... most of the time it's because the human psyche has an extreme issue with the difference between reality and society. :)

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

the.rise

I'm really interested to see where the law goes from here. There's about 150 days until things have to be on paper and I'm afraid the men on Beacon Hill are going to screw the little guy once again. I haven't been contributing on the forums for some time now but after watching medicinal get passed I want to immerse myself in the community again.

I'd love to be a caretaker if the state doesnt screw everything up.

Mr_Pat

(N) “Written certification” means a document signed by a licensed physician, stating that in the physician’s professional opinion, the potential benefits of the medical use of marijuana would likely outweigh the health risks for the qualifying patient. Such certification shall be made only in the course of a bona fide physician-patient relationship and shall specify the qualifying patient’s debilitating medical condition(s).

(K) “Qualifying patient” shall mean a person who has been diagnosed by a licensed physician as having a debilitating medical condition.

(C) “Debilitating medical condition” shall mean:
Cancer, glaucoma, positive status for human immunodeficiency virus, acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS), hepatitis C, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), Crohn’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis and other conditions as determined in writing by a qualifying patient’s physician.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
(N) “Written certification” means a document signed by a licensed physician, stating that in the physician’s professional opinion, the potential benefits of the medical use of marijuana would likely outweigh the health risks for the qualifying patient. Such certification shall be made only in the course of a bona fide physician-patient relationship and shall specify the qualifying patient’s debilitating medical condition(s).
Considering that cannabis is not harmful... that means anything. All the 'harm' comes from contaminates and improper usage. *shrug*

(C) “Debilitating medical condition” shall mean:
Cancer, glaucoma, positive status for human immunodeficiency virus, acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS), hepatitis C, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), Crohn’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis and other conditions as determined in writing by a qualifying patient’s physician.
Yep... sounds as liberal as cali.
Insomnia is a debilitating condition
Not being able to deal with the stress of an ex-wife is a debilitating condition
Wanting to throttle your boss is a debilitating condition
Having extreme pain from an ingrown toenail is a (temporary) debilitating condition...

Need I go on? :D

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles: