Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Growing Questions > 150w HPS Club and Resource Guide......

Thread Title Search
150w HPS Club and Resource Guide...... Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-11-2015, 03:23 AM #9821
webecat

webecat will become famous soon enoughwebecat will become famous soon enough
You're gonna need a fan to move air out regardless. I made my first one work with a 115v (100 cfm) case fan I found on Amazon and a DIY scrubber. A piece of glass between the light and the plant would also help to get you to a low enough temp to make it work. That being said, the second Cab I built had a Soler & Palau TD-100X In-line Exhaust Fan and a Phresh air filter and I still lost a crop to heat. The DIY cool tube was a lifesaver. Long story short; A Cab with a 150 and a hole in the roof won't cut it from my experience. Read more and show us some pics.
webecat is offline Quote

Old 08-11-2015, 08:35 AM #9822
JohnKimble

JohnKimble is a jewel in the roughJohnKimble is a jewel in the roughJohnKimble is a jewel in the roughJohnKimble is a jewel in the roughJohnKimble is a jewel in the roughJohnKimble is a jewel in the roughJohnKimble is a jewel in the rough
My cab is only 46 cubic feet. If I get a 400 cfm fan it would clear the air out 9 times a minute. That should be good enough right?
I think when I do get a 600/1000 watt hps or something, I'll definitely buy one that can be air cooled.

I've gonna use my 150watt HPS now for vegging clones. It seems to work great and much better growth then flourescent or cfl!

Quote:
I'm shocked by how close you can put a 150W winged reflector above the plant, looks like 6"-12"? What's the temps?
I have my clones about 5 or 6 inches from the 150watt hps bulb with a fan blowing across in an open room. It works great, plants are alive and not burning.
JohnKimble is offline Quote

Old 09-08-2015, 03:48 PM #9823
Pipedream
Proudly Growing My Own Since 1969

Pipedream is a glorious beacon of lightPipedream is a glorious beacon of lightPipedream is a glorious beacon of lightPipedream is a glorious beacon of lightPipedream is a glorious beacon of lightPipedream is a glorious beacon of lightPipedream is a glorious beacon of lightPipedream is a glorious beacon of lightPipedream is a glorious beacon of lightPipedream is a glorious beacon of lightPipedream is a glorious beacon of light

Folks often forget to consider where their box/tent is located when they try to cool it down. No matter how much air thru-put you have, the inside will always be warmer then the ambient temperature of the space in which its located. If you keep your room at 78 degrees, which is obviously pretty close to 80, it really doesn't take much for your inside temps to jump 10 degrees to 90. Without active cooling, the best you can do is to keep your room as cool as possible while having the exhaust vent at the very top of your cabinet and the intake at the very bottom.

JohnKimble: "In the winter I'll drop the ducting to the floor for bonus heat"

So I did this early on in my growing. Of course the timing worked out so that was exactly when my plants were coming into bloom. Within a week the entire house wreaked like skunk. It happened slowly, so we never realized just how bad it was. My wife complained and I promised her I would figure something out. I dragged my feet getting it done until one day the doorbell rang. It was the AC maintenance guys here to do the fall filter changes. As soon as they thought I was out of ear shot, one said to the other "oh my god, it smells like they have a suitcase full of fresh pot open on a bed somewhere" then they started to laugh their asses off. My wife heard them as well. Needless to say, that evening I built my very first carbon filter.

Pipedream is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-10-2015, 03:28 AM #9824
dddaver

dddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant future
Cool story bro.

And I'll second that placement issue. My small cab is in a walk-in closet. Although I have a computer fan going inside the box, cool fresh air intake coming from under the house, and a Vortex in-line exhausting out the top and into another room, heat has always been my main issue.

Even with the central air keeping the house in the 70's, that closet just retains the heat. Once hot, I'm screwed. I have to leave the door open a lot. Which I prefer not to for security as that Vortex makes a racket as well as that dim light coming out of the closet at night is weird looking. Even though I have made the cab almost completely light-proof, there still is a glow coming from it.

DAV -

I can't decide which I like better: either, arguing on the internet is like winning in the Special Olympics, you might win but you're still retarded; or never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience; or you can't fix stupid, so why argue with it? They all are funny, and all are true too.

"Well, da Nile ain't just some big river in Egypt neither."

"No reason to get excited," the thief, he kindly spoke,
"There are many here among us who feel that life is but a joke.
But you and I, we've been through that, and this is not our fate,
So let us not talk falsely now, the hour is getting late.
-
Bob Dylan: All Along the Watchtower

Rights aren’t rights if someone can take them away.
-George Carlin

"The fool thinks himself to be wise, but the wise Man knows himself to be a fool
"
-William Shakespeare

Long signatures suck.
-dddaver

dddaver is offline Quote

Old 09-24-2015, 11:42 PM #9825
skyspider

skyspider is on a distinguished road
ha ha , that happened to me the only person that couldn't smell it was me ... then one day , i had a scrap man call(we get people calling in England asking for scrap metal).... and he asked for scrap .. THEN asked , did I have any weed

I said , what .. what do you mean .. w...weed ?

he looked as if to say , you fuckin jokin mate .. then he said
you fuckin jokin mate , I could smell it at the top of the street

the mrs heard all this and went ape on my ass , so I went and got a new filter THAT DAY

Old 10-23-2015, 03:30 PM #9826
robertn

robertn is a jewel in the roughrobertn is a jewel in the roughrobertn is a jewel in the roughrobertn is a jewel in the roughrobertn is a jewel in the roughrobertn is a jewel in the rough
hello guys, I present my plants, agro 150w hps in 60x60x150
Strain: og kush
7 days after the switch with LST

congratulations for the wonderful work you do! greetings from Italy!

"E se per caso alla volpe,che ha la fama di savia,venisse in mente di comporre favole in risposta a tutte quelle che da gran tempo gli uomini van mettendo fuori calunniando le bestie;quanta materia non le offrirebbero queste scoperte umane e questa scienza umana.
Ma la volpe non ci si metterebbe,perchè sono sicuro che con la sua sagacia intenderebbe che,se per modo d'esempio,un favolista fa parlare un asino come un uomo sciocco,sciocco non è l'asino,ma asino è l'uomo."
robertn is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-25-2015, 04:40 PM #9827
Aki

Aki is on a distinguished road
Hey, first time grower here. Going to do sensi skunk automatic. using cana tierra professional soil. Will I need nutrients, or is there enough in the soil?
Aki is offline Quote

Old 10-26-2015, 11:50 PM #9828
darkvade420

darkvade420 is a jewel in the roughdarkvade420 is a jewel in the roughdarkvade420 is a jewel in the roughdarkvade420 is a jewel in the roughdarkvade420 is a jewel in the roughdarkvade420 is a jewel in the roughdarkvade420 is a jewel in the roughdarkvade420 is a jewel in the rough
hi aki .I think it depends.
how much soil is going to be in the pot?
also I guess it depends how long it takes to trigger the auto .
I think if you toss a normal 8 week strain into fresh soil in clone form and you should be fine to go all 8 weeks with nothing in a good sized pot but you can always buy a simple fertilizer line to boost if you want or make some compst tea every now and again .what I leanred is the less you put in the easier to is to harvest good shit with less problems. hope that helps.
darkvade420 is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-19-2015, 03:11 PM #9829
robertn

robertn is a jewel in the roughrobertn is a jewel in the roughrobertn is a jewel in the roughrobertn is a jewel in the roughrobertn is a jewel in the roughrobertn is a jewel in the rough
20 days flowering...same plants!

"E se per caso alla volpe,che ha la fama di savia,venisse in mente di comporre favole in risposta a tutte quelle che da gran tempo gli uomini van mettendo fuori calunniando le bestie;quanta materia non le offrirebbero queste scoperte umane e questa scienza umana.
Ma la volpe non ci si metterebbe,perchè sono sicuro che con la sua sagacia intenderebbe che,se per modo d'esempio,un favolista fa parlare un asino come un uomo sciocco,sciocco non è l'asino,ma asino è l'uomo."
robertn is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-21-2015, 07:04 PM #9830
magicturtle

magicturtle is on a distinguished road
Hey all, i'm planning on growing in a 16''x24''x20'' tent using this light. Any recommendations on if i should be using any supplementary lights, what strains would grow best, how many plants i should aim for, etc? This is my first grow and i've done a lot of independent research but you guys seem to know what your talking about when it comes to 150w light grows. Cheers mates
magicturtle is offline Quote