What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hillary Clinton Pledges to End Medical Marijuana Raids

Koroz

D0nC0smic said:
i don't trust her beliefs, i trust what she and her husband have done. i could never vote for ron paul because he is too strict a libertarian and i don't believe in the fanatical worship of "the invisible hand of the market" that goes along with that. being against government interferance in our daily lives is all well and good until you realize that without government interference the corporations would be fucking us over even more than they already do.

So I guess you are ok with wire tappings, no warrent searches or anything else that is for your safety right? I mean government interence comes at ALL those costs.

Are your civil liberties worth your personal freedoms? Thats what you are voting for when you vote for Hillbill clinton.

And what have they done that was so great? While on YOUR tax dollars he was getting hummers in office, he was waging wars with out congressional concent against kosovo.

All they are, is the Bushes with a different smile my friend.

Last edited:

bergerbuddy

Canna Coco grower
Veteran
.[62] In 2001, however, Paul voted for the Authorization for Use of Military Force, which authorized the president, pursuant to War Powers Resolution, to respond to the September 11, 2001 terrorist attack.

NO Dr. Paul DID NOT vote to "authorize the war"... NOT THEN.. NOT EVER!!.. HE VOTED TO GET ALQEADA IN AFGAHNISTAN... BUT NOT IRAQ

Look...IF Dr. Paul IS NOT on the ballot in Nov... and I mean AS A REPUBLICAN... then YES.. WE VOTE FOR HILLARY...
Who else???? ROMNEY?? Yeah... JUILE?? sure.. juiletime again... McCAIN?? Yeah He just backtracked... said.. RAID THOSE POT HEADS!!..

No... I CAN NOT CHANCE ANY REPUBLICAN GETTING ELECTED OTHER THAN PAUL..... WE DID THAT WITH BUSH... REMEMBER???

Never again... Its Dr. Paul... or ITS A LIAR.. I DON"T CARE WHICH PARTY?? ANd I WON"T SPLIT THE VOTE... AND LET THE REPUBS WIN... FUCK EM.. IF THEY DON'T NOMINATE PAUL!

Chiefsmokingbud

Slap-A-Ho tribe
Veteran
Dank-j said:
Ron Paul 08 - the only way to vote.

I don't see why this bitch wouldn't do face talk. Anyone seen Micheal Moore's new movie Sicko? Hillary was a big push for socialized medicine.. Guess who took almost a million dollars from BigPharma's lobbyists? That's right, HillaryMcFullofShit Clinton. Shortly there after she was quiet as a mouse and didn't even bring up socialized medicine again.

Regardless if you want with socialized medicine, you shouldn't believe a word she says. Americans already have issues trusting her, and it's not because she is a woman.

Damn straight, the queen of face talk. Look she has to find a clear policy seperation from obama so why not start with MMJ

Weedman96094

Blow jobs for foreign policy!

Blow jobs for foreign policy!

would be the only thing she would be good for.....and even then she would have to wear a sack over her head. :muahaha:

Devilock

I think the perfect ticket would be Dennis Kucinich and Ron Paul running together. Now thats something i think most peeps could vote for. Wonder if they would ever consider doing that. Peace and *bong* :friends:

D0nC0smic

ummm... voting for the use of force in afghanistan and voting for war is the same thing, since as you pointed out before Dr. paul believes the US military shouldn't invade a country without a declaration of war its also kinda funny since al quaida wasn't really in afghanistan at the time. and as for the wiretapping etc, of course i'm against it, and so is hillary, i mean there is a reason gonzalez keeps getting hauled in to testify about it, and its because the democrats think it is illegal. And trust me, with a libertarian leaning president the corporations would be doing things to us alot worse thatn that as well.

brookie

for those of you with a short memory ...

for those of you with a short memory ...

"Bill Clinton, who once said, ‘I feel your pain,’
is leading the fight against relief for thousands of dying patients.
The next time he talks about feeling others’ pain, someone should shout at him,
‘Yeah, but you’re not going to do anything about it, you hypocrite.’
-- Former Editor Of Clinton’s Hometown Paper

Why would she think any differently about what she says now versus when /if elected ? She has learned how to mainipulate things from one of the very best. I could never vote for a Clinton or Bush.

Last edited:

dankedout

Hopefully she really means it. I see all these presidental runners, especially the big names say things just to please the crowd they are speaking too.

C

CheifnBud2

trouble said:
I wouldnt put any faith in anything this person says. She will tell the people what ever they what to hear to further her own selfish agenda. Just ask the people of N.Y. She represents a philosophy of government that will tell you Fairy Tales in November & Ghost Stories in January.

Indeed.

I dont want hilary to be president, but at the same time john mccain. Fuck no.

Lets see some trust worty or at least practical canditates. And no im not voting for obama.

Germanator

There is a not so quiet movement starting to get Dr Paul elected. I have a number of friends in the military and every time I talk politics with them (most have voted Republican in the past) point to Dr. Paul as their first choice! I was so happy to hear this the first time, but after speaking with maybe three other friends over the past few months more and more people have brought him up...If he starts to recieve proper media attention and works on his public speaking a bit more I think he has a shot in the primary.

As for Clinton, I think you can trust what the front runner of the democratic party says at this point. If anything I would question her moving more towards the right, rather than question her stance on MMJ.

Get out and vote people, but more importantly get out and get your friends to vote as well.

Germ

Cornerstone

Germanator,

Nice post.

I agree with you about Clinton right down the line. The playing to the right, which she must think is the middle, is to be viewed with some concern. I personally believe the middle is left of where her campaign people believe it is. We The People are in need of Leadership to resurrect the American can-do ingenuity to show the world how to survive the corporate/technological onslaught and finally move toward social justice and personal moral accountability, which is the cornerstone of peace and prosperity in a sustainable world. The USA is yet the world leader, the only question is, "What are we modeling?"

As to Ron Paul, I see the momentum building as well. I just don't know if our whole society can abide another Republican president on the heels of this monstrous executive branch.

Cornerstone

Last edited:

Pops

Resident pissy old man
Veteran
I really don't think that Hillary can stand in one spot long enough to have a position. When her husband was in the White House getting slurpies from the fat chick, both Bill and Hillary were very anti-military. A guy my daughter dated was in the Marine Color Guard there, and said that it was obvious they they hated the military. Now, Hillary is all buddy-buddy with the military.Do you think it might be because the military is pretty conservative and usually notes Republican?

The woman is very much like her husband. Both are highly intelligent people with ambition that doesn't allow morals to get in the way of the search for power. While I absolutely cannot stand the woman and disagree with her politics, I admire her political ability and believe that she would be better than Bush, but just as dangerous in other ways.

Fortunately, we, as Americans, have better choices than Hillary. As a lifelong Republican conservative turned Libertarian, my first choice would be Dr. Ron Paul. If he didn't make the ticket, I would probably have to go across the aisle to Richardson. If it became a battle,in the end, between Hillary and Rudy, I would be looking into getting a passport. Afghanistan would wind up having more civil liberty than the U.S. if either of those 2 got elected.

bergerbuddy

Canna Coco grower
Veteran
Everyone makes some points..... I'm OBVIOUSLY a Dr. Ron Paul supporter...

But NOT A BLIND ONE...

IF.. he is NOT the Republican nominee... I WILL BE VOTING DEMOCRAT.. there is NO WAY IN HELL.. this Republic will last through a Mitt Romney Or Rudy Julie Or John McCain... NO WAY>..

SO HILLARY.. OBAMA... SHARPTON.. I DON'T CARE.. But if it AINT DR. PAUL... Its gonna be a DEMOCRAT...

DEMOCRAT WILL AT THE LEAST... get the pendulam to STOP.. maybe even inch back... if GOd WILLS IT!

Vote Dr. Paul
https://www.ronpaul2008.com/donate/

Peace
BB

mars2112

always hopeful yet discontent
Veteran
Marijuana advocates find a friend in Hillary

BBS News
July 17 2007
Michael Hess
http://bbsnews.net/
http://www.hempology.com/2007/07/18/marijuana-advocates-find-a-friend-in-hillary/

Hillary Clinton Pledges to End Medical Marijuana Raids; McCain Flip-Flops

U.S.'s Second Largest Cancer Charity Calls for Legal Medical Marijuana
Access as Candidates Weigh Support

BBSNews 2007-07-17 - MANCHESTER, NEW HAMPSHIRE (GSMM) - Two prominent
presidential contenders have moved in opposite directions on the issue of
federal attacks on medical marijuana patients, as America's second largest
cancer charity, the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, came out strongly for
protection of medical marijuana patients. Democratic frontrunner Sen.
Hillary Clinton (D-NY) called for an end to federal raids in states where
medical use of marijuana is legal, while Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) backtracked
on an earlier promise to end the raids.

During a Manchester campaign on July 13, Len Epstein, a volunteer for
Granite Staters for Medical Marijuana (GSMM), told Sen. Clinton, "Twelve
states allow medical marijuana, but the Bush administration continues to
raid patients," to which she responded, "Yes, I know. It's terrible."
Epstein then asked, "Would you stop the federal raids?" Sen. Clinton
responded firmly, "Yes, I will."

The following day in Claremont, Sen. McCain held a town hall meeting at
which he was asked about his stance on medical marijuana. When asked in
April about ending the medical marijuana raids, McCain had responded, "I
will let states decide that issue."

But this time, when GSMM campaign manager Stuart Cooper asked Sen. McCain if
he still supported ending the raids, he went into headlong retreat. "Not
yet," he said. "I don't think marijuana is healthy, I don't think that it is
good for people, and there is a large body of medical opinion that says
there is plenty of other medications that are more effective and better and
less damaging to one's health to use to relieve pain. So I will continue to
look at it on your behalf and many other young people who feel very strongly
about it, but right now my answer to you is no."

"Apparently the 'Straight Talk Express' just became the Bob-and-Weave
Express," Cooper said. "In addition to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society,
medical groups such as the American Public Health Association and the
American Nurses Association strongly support protection for medical
marijuana patients, and the presidential candidates should understand that
Americans don't want suffering patients arrested."

G

I'm with Cornerstone, you have to trust and take a leap of faith. I believe she'd stay true to what she says (on this issue). She has my vote.

Koroz

RalphDog said:
I'm with Cornerstone, you have to trust and take a leap of faith. I believe she'd stay true to what she says (on this issue). She has my vote.

I would agree if she hadn't already been proven to be a liar by what she said she was going to do in NY and what she really did.

Look at her husband, one of the biggest liars next to Bush. If clinton is such a patriot for us why after Bush Senior closed down the MMJ government project, did he not put it back into effect? Because he, and his wife know, the drug war is what funds their pocket books with all the donations they are going to get.

Here at home, however, our Federal Government has been unequivocal in its opposition
to the citizen-led initiatives in the States that I mentioned. After California voters
approved Proposition 215 in 1996, the Clinton Justice Department brought suit against
both doctors and distributors in an attempt to shut down the new California State law.

from the Debate logs of Hinchey-Rohrabacher Amendment found here www.drugpolicy.org/docUploads/ HincheyAmendmentTrans2003.pdf

Koroz

Supacalabala said:
She worked for walmart for 6 years so you know she can't be trusted. Maybe if it was target I'd give her a chance.

nice try to devert the point, but she voted to SUE MMJ doctors and providers. Anyone who thinks that she had NO input on her husband during his term, and that he will not have input on her during a term is ignorant.

People marry like minded people, only until the other Dems said they would back the H/R Admendum did she decide to say she would also, that means she knows that she will lose votes because of it and tell you whatever you want to hear so that you will vote her into office. Once in office she will vote for which ever way she can to keep herself in office, not for what the people wanted, she voted for the patriot act, and she will vote against H-R for the DEA's constant strangle hold on LAW abiding citizens who grow to help those in pain because once she has power she no longer needs to give lip service.

look at her history, look at the admendments and bills she has voted for and you will be surprised she isn't a republican. She talks a huge game in front of the camera but her VOTING HISTORY shows her true colors.

Last edited:
I don't trust Hillary at all. As others have pointed out, she has already blatantly lied in the past (running for governor of NY) and I believe she will continue to say whatever she thinks will get her elected. Her agenda isn't going to be all that different from the current. Pro government, Pro corporate, Pro people who don't work for a living bullshit. She will do as she is told nothing more.

The only candidate of either party that isn't just a different wing on the same airplane is Ron Paul. He would abolish the war on drugs, would hillary do that? NO. Ron Paul respects the states rights to make their own laws, and would never interfere with a states medical marijuana or even if a state outright legalizes he would never interfere. If nevada legalized marijuana next time it was on the ballot would Hillary interfere? I don't know but I know for shure Ron Paul would not, and Hillary would serve her own special interests over the peoples as she has done in the past.

G

StayHigh149 said:
Your reasoning for not voting for a "3rd party candidte" is exactly why 1 could never win. Vote for who you think will do the best by the American people & not who u think will win.

Noth bashing you man, it's just that attitude is what keeps the system from working properly. It's almost like, "I'm not voting cuz it won't matter anyway".
Will if I think she can win and there is even a 50/50 chance she may do something positive for mmj I will vote for her instead of a better candidate who has no chance of winning. Why waste your vote just to make a political statement there are other ways?

Latest posts

Latest posts