What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MED GARDEN 101

all messed up

Overgrow refugee
Veteran
OK then just use the current rez and I assure you changing the nutes once a week will improve yield. Adding new to old makes the residule minerals toxic and the fresh nitogen won't be as available. I swear it's better to toss the old rather than re-use it. It's all good, peace.

Mac, 85 is the max. More will do more damage than good. At 85 the air is already warm but remember the leaf surface is 10-20 degrees hotter. True.
Peace. Keep 'em coming.

geezeressa

I take notes but I can't read them after :abduct:
Something about the third week of flowering and Silica Blast, Pro-tekt, and cell walls, protecting against something....
Scrappy, please clarify?

Tom Hill

Veteran
Hola Scrappy,

I think it's about being clean as well. Maybe sterile tissue culture holds promice but i'm not holding my breath waiting on artificial seed production from prescreened stock. Perhaps we should look into hospital surgery room ventilation systems etc, lol..I would also say that sadly, the majority of clones out there are coming to us with some sort of systemic disease out of the gate. Often indoor growers don't recognize it before it gets really bad do to the lack of growth lulls in the common indoor setup, & the relatively short cycle. Put the same clone outdoors for the longer haul and infections become much more readily apparent. Charcoal rot & fusariums are quite common in my/your area, & imo, are often responsible for the "this old clone just doesn't yield the way it use to".

It may be possible to hold these infections at bay or even save an old clone by cell strenthining and trying to grow your way out of it.
Retarding enzyme progress with calcium (i use "calcium 25") seems to hold some promice..

Tom

G

Are infections in clones really that common? My experience is very limited, having only purchased clones once and at that time getting all plants of the same strain. It seems like people would react pretty quickly if there was a problem with that kind of thing.

Also, I'm interested in geezeressa's question, too. What's the best way to add silica to you plants?

all messed up

Overgrow refugee
Veteran
If you haven't planted them in soil, you add pyrophillic clay to the mix. Once planted or when in a hydro system, use a pro-tek or other hydroponic additive with silica.

G

whuts up, scrappy420 the name is, buttcrack pleasure to meet you
i'm a sf med pataint looking to learn about the drip method i'v been growing in soil for awhile now but would like to do hydro when are your classes going to be open?

trybud

i was wondering how long to run a sulfur burner..i ran mine about 15 minutes in my space and leaf tips burnt a bit. ive heard everything from 10 minutes to 2 hours......i want to destroy the PM on some recent additions

highbrid

Hey scrappy, Im gonna stop by the hydro shop and pick up some gravity and purple maxx .. Whats your or you guys thoughs on these products? what do they do ... when to add ? with nutes or just with water and if so do i go plain water after that or back to nutes? sorry for rambling. :confused:

highbrid

try the DynaGro Neem oil ... Now thats one thing I can say is once i bought a little bottle of that stuff, no more PM (even on BS club cuts) try that Trybud but get treat them early, like when you first get them home and again a week later. hope that helps

all messed up

Overgrow refugee
Veteran
trybud said:
i was wondering how long to run a sulfur burner..i ran mine about 15 minutes in my space and leaf tips burnt a bit. ive heard everything from 10 minutes to 2 hours......i want to destroy the PM on some recent additions

It depends on space. Berkeley indoor 510 549-2918 will calculate burn times for a given space. The smaller the space, the shorter the time. Ask for Dan, say it's tomatos or they can't help...

all messed up

Overgrow refugee
Veteran

highbrid

Thanks bro, the funny thing is when I looked at that post from dopeys thread, the price is or was 26 or so bucks, I called Berkleys secret garden and the lady said 85 bucks for purple maxx and like 50 some thing (if i remeber correctly) for gravity and bushmaster is still in. I hope i just heard it wrong even though Im still gonna give it a try

SCF

Bong Smoking News Hound
Veteran
lovely plants. get that stock THICK, and tie up those nugs. or you will snap it.

G

whuts' up scrappy,
could you get in the oakland med clubs if your from sf?
reason i'm asking is cuzz i sure would like 2 get a few of the clones offered
from sum of those clubs

all messed up

Overgrow refugee
Veteran
have med papers with drivers license. I'll be gone till sat getting ready for the wedding. Dopey, please keep this place civil till I get back :)

Latest posts

Latest posts