What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mail busted

whoreable

Long story short,

Mailed about 14grams to myself in another state for upcoming vacation.

Next day I get a voice mail from Local Drug Task force asking to return call about a Package.

Legal purposes? Should I ignore them until they are in my face at my door or whatever? Should I just deny deny deny and hope they loose interest in the small amount? :thank you:

Cvh

Supermod
Sad to hear that. I don't know what's best for the American system. Maybe contact a lawyer first? I don't think just ignoring the situation is your best option.

A

acridlab

I would call back,,to show them you are not affraid of them.. and then deny if asked, and then act very upset.. tell them that you wont rest until they find the culprits... start calling them every other hour.. make them fear that they may have to work.. then they will leave you alone..

whoreable

For legal purposes I dont want to call because that would Link me to the name they have on file, which may or may not be my real identity but In returning the call it makes the chances of a wrong contact information undeniable right?

A

acridlab

U have a good point. And Its such a small amount, i cant see any state following up on that one, either way..goodluck..

troutman

Seed Whore
Ignore them as nothing you say will help you.

BTW:

Why didn't you used a fake return address, gloves,etc. ?

The fact they traced it back to you shows carelessness.

Good Luck

watts

ohms
Veteran
Dunno why the drug task force would have called you. Guess they tryin to see how stupid you are and to make an easy bust, plus it was a small amount. Usually the postal inspector goes undercover and delivers it to you personally, with the task force backing him up. If they have the camera footage of you mailing it inside the post office, it's hard to deny it.

whoreable

Ignore them as nothing you say will help you.

BTW:

Why didn't you used a fake return address, gloves,etc. ?

The fact they traced it back to you shows carelessness.

Good Luck

I was hoping that a real return address would not warrant a search, but maybe my laundry was smelling too much.

whoreable

Dunno why the drug task force would have called you. Guess they tryin to see how stupid you are and to make an easy bust, plus it was a small amount. Usually the postal inspector goes undercover and delivers it to you personally, with the task force backing him up. If they have the camera footage of you mailing it inside the post office, it's hard to deny it.

True, Why didnt they let me pick up the package in the state with harsher penaltys? Is it possible they have not inspected the package it was just flagged? :thank you:

Anything you say WILL be used against you. They are fishing and if you call them you will be taking the bait. If they had enough to bust you they wouldn't be calling on the phone.

whoreable

Anything you say WILL be used against you. They are fishing and if you call them you will be taking the bait. If they had enough to bust you they wouldn't be calling on the phone.

Thats what I thought, If they ever contact me I will deny ever shipping anything in the first place.

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
How did they get your number? Did you place all of your real info on the packing slip? Please say you didn't do that?!

OP

Exactly... are you sure it is not a friend winding you up ??

If not, speak to a good lawyer, or two. Plenty of posters on here know lots about the law, but your specific circumstances and State laws at this very moment may make for some crucial detail differences... By crucial, I mean the difference between Jail and living happily ever after.

SPEAK TO A LAWYER

Anything with mail can be a Federal charge.

Usually they will do a controlled delivery where they try to make you sign for the suspect package and then bust you. So watch for that, but them calling makes it seem like they don't have enough or its low priority.

How do you think they caught it? Did you triple vacuum bag changing gloves each bag? Did you wipe all fingerprints?

Chimera

Genetic Resource Management
Veteran
Send a friend in to case the mail outlet you shipped from and check for cameras etc; you need to know what info they could have collected abut you.

Nobody wants to hear it, but shipping even small amounts of weed from one state to another is pretty fuckin' careless, you could have gotten by with 2-3 grams of extract and achieved the same level of lift from a much smaller, more concealable amount of concentrate which could have been carried on your person.

People need to think of the consequences and consider what could go wrong- you don't mail even small amounts from business that have cameras - mailboxes are anonymous and plentiful and you can calculate shipping by weight and afix postage to cover the cost.

Be careful out there guys, protect yourselves. Even if legal within state, when you cross state lines it's a federal offense. The Cole memo was pretty clear that if you follow state laws the feds won't go after you. If you engage in state to state or international movement, you're still a target.

-Chimera

whoreable

Send a friend in to case the mail outlet you shipped from and check for cameras etc; you need to know what info they could have collected abut you.

Nobody wants to hear it, but shipping even small amounts of weed from one state to another is pretty fuckin' careless, you could have gotten by with 2-3 grams of extract and achieved the same level of lift from a much smaller, more concealable amount of concentrate which could have been carried on your person.

People need to think of the consequences and consider what could go wrong- you don't mail even small amounts from business that have cameras - mailboxes are anonymous and plentiful and you can calculate shipping by weight and afix postage to cover the cost.

Be careful out there guys, protect yourselves. Even if legal within state, when you cross state lines it's a federal offense. The Cole memo was pretty clear that if you follow state laws the feds won't go after you. If you engage in state to state or international movement, you're still a target.

-Chimera

Good advice I was just thinking about the camera thing before I read your reply. :thank you:

FireIn.TheSky

You must live in some hell hole like Oklahoma for them to chase down a half O. I have read news stories of people receiving hundreds of pounds over months before local LEO made a move.

The thing that sucks is the mail is federal, typically they need a search warrant to open your mail. That package must have been stinkin, I take it you did not take the proper precautions.

rolandomota

Veteran
i say stay quiet your better off not saying anything and i mean nothing they are out to get you not help you and some see arresting you as "helping you" i say ignore they dont have enough evidence to charge you thats why their calling to see if they can incriminate you. Ignore and dont talk they cant arrest you for not talking.