What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

15 products pulled from all stores in WA for undisclosed pesticides

mowood3479

Veteran
Preventative spraying is required to have pest and/or mildew free buds because all places have their issues. Even if your indoor environment is perfect it's still possible to bring in pests or mildew. You have to do preventative spraying. In California indoor growing is an obsolete business model due to electricity prices. The amount of environment control you have to run costs more than top quality bud is worth. Same on the whole west coast.

The people doings this b.s. In Washington are purposely making growing standards next to impossible for the purpose of driving out small growers and gaining monopolies so they can then drive the price back up. They invested huge amounts of cash into obsolete and inefficient infrastructures that they are stuck with. The only way for them to do this is crush small growers. They know bud rot, molds, and pests are an issue up there. They know they can make the small growers fail if they make preventative issues un preventable with regulation, and hide it under the guise of consumer protection.

Meanwhile they will pay off officials and cheat until they are the only ones left. Then they will loosen regulations when they have monopolies and fuck consumers the other way.

Sounds like par for the course here in America... Which is a bummer

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Believe me. If big corporations start to fuck with me I will pollinate their fields with drones and t-shirt cannons. I will fuck their crops up until they die.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
We breed our mites to be pyrethrin/imidicloprid resistant.

Let me know if you need any help. I'm sure we could do the same with root aphids given half a chance. I don't think they winter well here, re: I can guarantee a measure of genetic isolation/favourable environment.

And that's the real key to making superbugs, as we can all agree.

I do have actual plans to breed beefy mites (thicker cuticle/exoskeleton, behaviour enhancement) as prey for better predators. But that is years away. A pipe dream made from a dab rig.

This is fucking ridiculous. I am so sick of the double standards put on the pot industry. When it was illegal they had all kinds of double standards about it too. Oh don't smoke pot it's dangerous, just have a drink.

Now that it's legal you have all these absurd state regulations, basically because of dumb fucking pseudo hippies and their stupid fucking pseudo science. They didn't want chemical pesticides. Now they don't even want safe organic pesticides. Yet they go to whole foods and buy food with all those pesticides and more. These people are so fucking stupid it hurts my head. Half of the chemical pesticides they bitch about are fucking harmless yet you hear them bitching about how it causes cancer. There is no proof any of that stuff on the list is harmful.

Of course the state excepts this bs pseudo science because it means they get to regulate legal pot to the point of strangulation.

Well, stupid pseudo hippies, enjoy your powdery mildew covered buds and spiders mites because that is what you are going to be smoking.

Wait what's that you dont want pm and mites either? Ok then have monsonto make a resistant gmo strain.

Wait you don't want that either?

Fuck you and cram it up your ass Washington state.

If Cali does this shit, I'm going black market again.

You should never have left the BM then you wouldn't have anything to grouch about. By giving in and going legal you and many others have set the stage to be regulated out of existence. Honestly, did you think this whole legal /rec thing was going to bode well for the boutique or guerrilla grower.??? Or the average Joe toker. Time for a reality check bro.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't want to have to hide what I do and worry about prison, cops and gangsters. I'd rather worry about mites and pm.

frostqueen

Most of these results look like cross contamination/poor manufacturing proccess. 16 ppm pyrethrin wouldn't do shit.

I agree. The really odd one to me is the Paclo. That shit is hella strong even at those ppms... seems like 200+ppms would stop any upward growth completely, wouldn't it? Maybe that's only with a soil drench, though, instead of a spray.

I have a bottle of Dr. Node's paclo around here somewhere. I bailed on using it because it had such a major effect at such low ppm levels. I was experimenting with finding a level that would slow down stretch in tropical sativas but not stop it dead. Never found that level. I'd swear I stopped trying when even 1 ppm did it. But again, I was soil drenching.

bum

You should never have left the BM then you wouldn't have anything to grouch about. By giving in and going legal you and many others have set the stage to be regulated out of existence. Honestly, did you think this whole legal /rec thing was going to bode well for the boutique or guerrilla grower.??? Or the average Joe toker. Time for a reality check bro.

I tend to agree.. West coast MMJ was unregulated and legalization meant regulation. From a public health perspective, or any consumer perspective, regulation is welcome change. There are numerous quality control issues in WA but pesticides have taken most of the fire, so far.

The state has over 1,000 producers and more licenses are available. The pesticide mandates have been directed at the industry giants. There is still middle ground to fight for. Plenty of small guys will fail to keep up but right now there are also small guys using this scenario to their advantage. Foresight and adaptability are requirements in the legal arena.

Can anyone get the link to work? I'd like to know what products were pulled.

It's on the WSDOA website, they pulled a few others and released one. Go to their website, search "marijuana," and it's on the links on the right.

geneva_sativa

When you know the usda organic label is a racket, this news outta WA really warms the heart.

Leave it to the government to make all right with your world :asskick:

*sigh* this just makes me wonder what the government may have in store with the legalization of all these medical dispensaries up in the United States. Hopefully the quality control is much better in the future, *sigh*

Sforza

Veteran
*sigh* this just makes me wonder what the government may have in store with the legalization of all these medical dispensaries up in the United States. Hopefully the quality control is much better in the future, *sigh*

Here's a thought. Grow you own. Then you do not have to depend on the government to control quality for you.

Latest posts

Latest posts