What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How to send unrooted clones through the mail

Leodagan

I have been experimenting a lot and came up with a

1. What you need

- Kitchen paper
- Cellophane (Plastic paper)
- Ziplock plastic bag

2. Take cuts on your killer pheno

Feed your mother with high nitrogen fert 24 hours before taking the cuts (organic is best). It helps a little.

Cut the most vigorous branches, not the weak bottom one. It has to survive in less than optimal conditions for a while.

3. Remove excess stem and leaves

In order to reduce transpiration, remove excess leaf material. (just like when you do regular cloning).

The Revolution

Veteran
I find they root better when they're actually lacking nitrogen.. Pumping with N before rooting will just delay the rooting process.. Nice tutorial tho. Thanks for sharing bruddha

Leodagan

6. Put your cuttings in a ziplock plastic bag

You can roll the ziplock bag if you need to.
7. Put clones in a DVD case

You can then put clones in a box or a DVD case. You can then vac seal the case (twice if you want), and put in a bubble envelope...

NEVER use your real address or address where you grow. NEVER use real name.

Feel free to correct my spelling, comment or add something I may be missing. I don't know how to edit my first post...

TnTLabs

the revolution will be right though, cuttings need more phosphorus for rooting and then once rooted nitrogen. so rather feed with a bloom fert a day before than a grow nute, also it helps water 30 min before, then the cuttings are definitely full of water

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Why not dip in a powder or gel?

Haven't tested it but wouldn't it be nice to get nubbed cuttings.

I wood

Nice write up, that is pretty much what I came up with when the shipping situation came up. H2O2 dip and added to wet paper towel seem to increase success.

Dog Star

Veteran
That is good for very short distances,for longer distances are better
rooted clones... atleast they survive.

And good thing is to not close hermeticaly bag for clones,loose baggie made them
longer alive and whithouth hypoxia that can start to degrade plant
material,plastic boxes for clones are much better solution than baggie as you dont press
clones in package and they last longer alive packed in this way.

Bubble bag where you put plastic box with clones is also good to pinch with needle
here and there so aeration is even better and clones live longer if post office
is slow and package need more time to come...

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
6. Put your cuttings in a ziplock plastic bag

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=68110&pictureid=1618479&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=68110&pictureid=1618480&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

You can roll the ziplock bag if you need to.
7. Put clones in a DVD case

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=68110&pictureid=1618481&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

You can then put clones in a box or a DVD case. You can then vac seal the case (twice if you want), and put in a bubble envelope...

NEVER use your real address or address where you grow. NEVER use real name.

Feel free to correct my spelling, comment or add something I may be missing. I don't know how to edit my first post...
nice first post:)
like the above:tiphat:
been doing it this way for many years,,,,

sometimes dont use the baggie as too much humidity can rot them but that depends on numbers,,,,,,,s2

Last edited:

MrBungle

Mikell is on to something... I'd put some rooting gel on the cutting site to prevent air from contaminating the clone...

Leodagan

the revolution will be right though, cuttings need more phosphorus for rooting and then once rooted nitrogen. so rather feed with a bloom fert a day before than a grow nute, also it helps water 30 min before, then the cuttings are definitely full of water

You are right. I want to edit my first post and add this to it but don't know how to...

corky1968

Veteran
I would add a few hydrated moisture crystals around the moist paper towel.

This may save your cuttings from drying out.