What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

EYES Tearing

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
My eyes, recently, have started tearing profusely on and off all day long and producing what I'll call 'eye snot': white gooey stuff collecting in both corners of my eyes, again all day long and crazy in the morning when awaking > Eye lashes sometimes stick together with dried goo that has hardened.

Eye docs (2 of them) gave me eye drops (Tobramycin Ophthalmic Solution) 2 drops every 2 hours... nada, maybe they don't tear as much, maybe my imagination.

There allot of smart people here would any of you have any ideas or a working antidote?

shithawk420

Veteran
Well I'm sorry I can't think of a cure but its probably moisture in your eyes.whatever this cause is.maybe get a good dehumidifier? That might work. best of health

G

Sounds like an infection of the eye(s) with the sticky moist stuff that grabs the eyelashes in the morning.
I'd suggest going to earthclinic.com and looking at what people around the world are doing in lieu of pharmaceutical or surgical solutions.
A safe non-squeamish remedy would be colloidal silver rinsing the eye in an eye bath.
PM me if you would want to hear what me and Mahatma Gandhi would do if we were in a similar situation...

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Sounds like an infection of the eye(s) with the sticky moist stuff that grabs the eyelashes in the morning.
I'd suggest going to earthclinic.com and looking at what people around the world are doing in lieu of pharmaceutical or surgical solutions.
A safe non-squeamish remedy would be colloidal silver rinsing the eye in an eye bath.
PM me if you would want to hear what me and Mahatma Gandhi would do if we were in a similar situation...

Thanks SH, yes too much moisture but doc says tear ducts (I thought TDs made the tears) are clogged and not taking the tears, your eyes make to stay moisturize, away and run down your cheak.

Outcold, definitely an infection, thanks going to EL.com in a minute.

Mahatma Gandhi? colloidal silver, I could make a few beans too!
battery w wire & alligator clips, silver quarter, tap water, no?

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran

Thanks for the input shithawk.. def an infection.
outcold, I went to EC.com.. wife is out getting Bilberry extract for eyewash.. thanks..
colloidal silver... hum, they mention CS too.. and I could do up some fems to screw with.

MicroRoy

I had a similar thing.

Turns out there is a gland to lube your eyes.

If they get blocked when you blink your eyes don't close completely so your eyes don't clean themselves properly.

My glands would get plugged. When the plugs cleared is when I would get all that eye sticky eye goop.

I have learned to massage that gland. Then wash my eyes just good eye drops and a warm wet wash cloth. Things cleared up. I still need to repeat every few weeks.

igrowone

Veteran
in years gone by, i remember a boric acid eye wash as being much used
i do see plenty of instructions on a google search

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
I had a similar thing.

Turns out there is a gland to lube your eyes.
If they get blocked when you blink your eyes don't close completely so your eyes don't clean themselves properly.
My glands would get plugged. When the plugs cleared is when I would get all that eye sticky eye goop.
I have learned to massage that gland. Then wash my eyes just good eye drops and a warm wet wash cloth. Things cleared up. I still need to repeat every few weeks.

exactly how u rubbin it, MR? just rubbing deeply at the corner of the eye? or ya gonna have me lookin like an ass??!!:biggrin:
really, I know your serious, just uckin. but thanks for all the info. so that eye goo (snot) is coming outta the tear duct? that shits a PITA. what makes the goo happen?

igrow.. acid>?< eyes, ??? I use it mixed with sugar to kill ants.
outgrow, I just spen $65 on 'remedies' recommended at EC.com.. cod liver oil! I woulda never thought it.
No bilberry extract liquid, caps.. bought & took some.. tonight codliver oil..

EDIT: Oh and a bottle of colloidal silver... eye wash and i've never tried it on buds... yet.

igrowone

Veteran
igrow.. acid>?< eyes, ??? I use it mixed with sugar to kill ants.

boric acid is a mild acid, especially as it's a dilute mix
well recognized in the medical community
do check it out on a google search, it's worth the time

WelderDan

Veteran
I got the goopy eye shit when I was a kid. As I recall, my mom gave me a hot, wet washcloth to lay over my eyes. You need to do that a lot. It loosens up the goo. Hot shower on the face works too. It won't cure it, but it helps you get over it.

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
I had that symptom while dealing with a sinus infection.

Get well soon, bad eyes are a tough one to deal with.

Green Squall

Have you been tested for graves disease? I know someone who has a mild form of it and they have constant watery, red eyes. No other symptoms.

amanda88

My eyes, recently, have started tearing profusely on and off all day long and producing what I'll call 'eye snot': white gooey stuff collecting in both corners of my eyes, again all day long and crazy in the morning when awaking > Eye lashes sometimes stick together with dried goo that has hardened.

Eye docs (2 of them) gave me eye drops (Tobramycin Ophthalmic Solution) 2 drops every 2 hours... nada, maybe they don't tear as much, maybe my imagination.

There allot of smart people here would any of you have any ideas or a working antidote?
The TOS sounds good but treat as Blepharitis

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blepharitis easy to fix use the creme or wipe 6 times a day with baking soda solution

good luck

I use eyebright tincture from Dr Shulze at five drops in an eye wash cup with water. I've had the tearing happen before and that stopped it.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
The TOS sounds good but treat as Blepharitis

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blepharitis easy to fix use the creme or wipe 6 times a day with baking soda solution

good luck
been banging that for almost 3 weeks.

I found cod liver oil soft jells and Bilberry extract each part of a different remedy but took one of each 4x/day last 2 days not completely gone but much better, you have me massaging the bridge of my nose too, MicroRoy, youre laughin, right?:biggrin: Waiting for other stuff recommended at EC.com, nice site. tks.:tiphat: