What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A funny thing happened at the dispensary...

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
I was at a local dispensary to get some e-cig cartridges. They have young female bud tenders and I decided I would give them a tip.

I left them 4 of my 50 mg Snickerdoodle Cookies. (Easy way to get a tester)

I went back over the weekend and the young lady waited on me. She recognized me and told me her story.

She ate the Cookie, not thinking much about it and went to a group food tasting deal to make some extra money. She did not feel anything...yet.

She said then around an hour later it hit her and she couldn't stop laughing. She was laughing so hard she squirted soda out of her nose.

She still got paid, they were tasting Diet Sodas. :laughing:

Love those edibles

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Anyone have any funny dispensary stories?

Anyone have any funny dispensary stories?

Tell us about them

Betterhaff

Veteran
I was in CO in Jan of 2014 and went to a dispensary just because I wanted to actually buy weed from a store…something I thought I’d never do in my lifetime (I’m old).

I wanted a memento of the event…so I asked for a receipt, lol.

Tripsick

Experienced?
Veteran
Made some crazy Ginger and molasses cookies and they just barely tasted like they were medicated. But i had loaded them with a lot of hash/butter. My friend took them to his Dispensary / grow and most of them had to go home after eating one.

They said they woke up still high.. but were able to make it in.

I started laughing and said i thought all those guys were pros and had tolerance?
he was just shaking his head.. Some people are not well experienced with eatabled.
plus who really knows just how potent they were.

I have to eat 3 or 4 cookies and they just make me get warm for a sec and then its over.
Eatables rarely work on me unless i'm just eating the concentrate out of a dropper and then eat a high fat meal. but again maybe 15 minutes tops for the feeling of stoned/ feeling warm.

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Oh where do I begin....at the beginning of the summer a lady came in and was getting some meds and almost in passing she's says I have to return my lights cuz they gave my plants mites...my boss and I look at each other and tell her that it wasn't the lights and ask her a few questions....she said the plants were on her back porch part of the time and she was moving them all around her house. It took all we had to not laugh our asses off!!

This hippy guy comes and asked us if we have read the latest news that the earth is flat...that all the pictures we have seen of the earth are all the same, and that it's actually flat. I asked him what happens when you get to the edge, do you just drop off? He said no, you go up...I laughed at that one, not sure what he was on!! lol

GReen dreAM

Veteran
My friend ate two of mines <cookies> at work <stupid> and his boss was calling ambulance as they thought he is having heart attack !!

Some people dont realize of THC power.......

gd

Attachments

• Green dream cookies - naklejka_A6.jpg
    Green dream cookies - naklejka_A6.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 12

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Spread the love...

Spread the love...

My friend ate two of mines <cookies> at work <stupid> and his boss was calling ambulance as they thought he is having heart attack !!

Some people dont realize of THC power.......

gd

We had some people over to go in my Spa over the summer..

I ate a Cookie and my wife's best friend did also. We were all drinking and the ladies were yapping. Having a great time.

Then I mentioned to my friend that his wife is starting to get stoned and to watch her. It was funny to watch her as she didn't realize how stoned she was.

We had a great evening without any issues.

The next day our friend calls my wife to tell her how well she slept and got the munchies in the middle of the night. And didn't remember a thing.

You gotta love those edibles.

Peace :tiphat:

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Well mine isn't a dispensary story but so far there seems to be a fair amount of edibles stories. I have one of those. :)

It was my first time at making any kind of edibles. I had been hearing a lot about pot brownies and decided to try making those. Unfortunately it was pre-internet then and I had no idea on where to find a good recipe or information on how many to eat. So me and two friends chipped in some weed together. All total it was close to three ounces, one oz Jamaican, one oz Mexican and almost an oz of Columbian Red bud. I ground it up real fine (almost like a powder) and then mixed that into one batch of brownie mix. I knew eating it would get you higher and last longer then smoking it. I had to go to work at my typical teenager fast food job, not long after I finished making the brownies and cutting them up to cool. So I decided to just smoke a joint of some other unknown origin smoke I had that wasn't too bad, while making the brownies, that way I'd be pretty much straight by the time my shift started. As the brownies were cooling it still wasn't quite time to go to work so I decided to watch the TV in the kitchen and the cooling brownies were right next to me. I was feeling pretty stoned and started to get the munchies. By the time I realized what I was doing I had already downed 2 brownies. Of course I wasn't feeling them yet and went to work thinking "How bad could it be, it was just 2 brownies?" So I'm at work, I was a cashier at the time, and everything was normal until the brownies started to hit. As cashier I had an ability to remember orders even large ones for multiple people, without having to write it down (this was the 70's and everything was still fairly low tech still). Anyway as the high started creeping on me I started having difficult remembering orders and had to start writing them down on the little pad they gave us for doing that. Then it really started to hit and it felt like all the blood rushed from my head, I broke out in a cold sweat and the keys on the register started moving around on me almost like being on acid. My boss at the time was pretty cool and also smoked, we partied together some times (never at the job) so I felt he was someone I could talk to. At the same time I was scared of what he might say or do If I told him the truth about what was wrong (he believed that work was not the proper place to be high). So I told him I hitch hiked to work and the guy that gave me a ride was smoking a joint and had offered me a few hits which I accepted to be polite and figured what could a few hits really do? I then told him the joint had a funny chemical taste and started making me feel weird just as he dropped me off across the street from my job. My boss said, "Oh shit, I think that joint might have been laced with PCP, no wonder you feel strange". So he sent me home without a fuss.

Now the story doesn't stop there, one of the friends who pitched in on the weed drops by the next day to pick up his share of the brownies. I told him about my experience and that he probably should just eat them one at a time. So he leaves and takes the bus home, the bus route was really long and his stop was roughly in the middle. He ate one brownie before he left and then about 30 minutes later, at the bus stop he ate another one thinking his tolerance might be higher then mine because he didn't feel anything yet. Then he said that it really started hitting him near his stop and that he felt like he was tripping and claims he was seeing "patterns and trails" and he totally spaced on getting off at his stop. He went on to say at some point he nodded off and was awakened by the bus driver because they had reached the end of the line and the driver was going off duty. Still miles from home and still feeling pretty wasted but not as bad as earlier on the bus.

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Great story Hempcat

Great story Hempcat

Well mine isn't a dispensary story but so far there seems to be a fair amount of edibles stories. I have one of those. :)

It was my first time at making any kind of edibles. I had been hearing a lot about pot brownies and decided to try making those. Unfortunately it was pre-internet then and I had no idea on where to find a good recipe or information on how many to eat. So me and two friends chipped in some weed together. All total it was close to three ounces, one oz Jamaican, one oz Mexican and almost an oz of Columbian Red bud. I ground it up real fine (almost like a powder) and then mixed that into one batch of brownie mix. I knew eating it would get you higher and last longer then smoking it. I had to go to work at my typical teenager fast food job, not long after I finished making the brownies and cutting them up to cool. So I decided to just smoke a joint of some other unknown origin smoke I had that wasn't too bad, while making the brownies, that way I'd be pretty much straight by the time my shift started. As the brownies were cooling it still wasn't quite time to go to work so I decided to watch the TV in the kitchen and the cooling brownies were right next to me. I was feeling pretty stoned and started to get the munchies. By the time I realized what I was doing I had already downed 2 brownies. Of course I wasn't feeling them yet and went to work thinking "How bad could it be, it was just 2 brownies?" So I'm at work, I was a cashier at the time, and everything was normal until the brownies started to hit. As cashier I had an ability to remember orders even large ones for multiple people, without having to write it down (this was the 70's and everything was still fairly low tech still). Anyway as the high started creeping on me I started having difficult remembering orders and had to start writing them down on the little pad they gave us for doing that. Then it really started to hit and it felt like all the blood rushed from my head, I broke out in a cold sweat and the keys on the register started moving around on me almost like being on acid. My boss at the time was pretty cool and also smoked, we partied together some times (never at the job) so I felt he was someone I could talk to. At the same time I was scared of what he might say or do If I told him the truth about what was wrong (he believed that work was not the proper place to be high). So I told him I hitch hiked to work and the guy that gave me a ride was smoking a joint and had offered me a few hits which I accepted to be polite and figured what could a few hits really do? I then told him the joint had a funny chemical taste and started making me feel weird just as he dropped me off across the street from my job. My boss said, "Oh shit, I think that joint might have been laced with PCP, no wonder you feel strange". So he sent me home without a fuss.

Now the story doesn't stop there, one of the friends who pitched in on the weed drops by the next day to pick up his share of the brownies. I told him about my experience and that he probably should just eat them one at a time. So he leaves and takes the bus home, the bus route was really long and his stop was roughly in the middle. He ate one brownie before he left and then about 30 minutes later, at the bus stop he ate another one thinking his tolerance might be higher then mine because he didn't feel anything yet. Then he said that it really started hitting him near his stop and that he felt like he was tripping and claims he was seeing "patterns and trails" and he totally spaced on getting off at his stop. He went on to say at some point he nodded off and was awakened by the bus driver because they had reached the end of the line and the driver was going off duty. Still miles from home and still feeling pretty wasted but not as bad as earlier on the bus.

That's how we did it in the 70's

Be careful out there... Haha!

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
my second trip to a dispensary wasn't funny ..the feds were carrying everything out in boxes and cuffs...not funny....edibles well I laid out a whole room of people with my brownies ..even the dog managed to steal one...dog didn't move for about 12 hours just looked around once in a while and then rested his head..sort of the same deal with the people too...theres a group of people that now ask if it has any weed in it when i hand them something..as they don't want no more..no one believed me when I told em my edibles are potent...I can smoke all day and no problems, but I can def eat too much...yeehaw..so now when I want something for myself I just lie and say its thc infused...

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Haha! These are pretty potent...

Haha! These are pretty potent...

I tell them try a half when you get home, don't drive.

They never listen :laughing:

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I made some cookies a couple years ago. 1oz trim/stick of butter... Pretty Damn potent!!!

Anyway, a few friends are over and were having a beer or two & some tokes n a cookie. One of the guys started complaining that the cookie wasn't potent enough after about 15 minutes. I told him to wait but he insisted on eating another cookie. This scenario played out about 5 more times until the guy ate 7 cookies after about 2 hours. He finally decided he was stoned and was going to go get a cig and smoke it in his rig (no cigs in house). He had been gone for about 30 minutes when another friend decided it was time to see what was taking so long. He came back in laughing his ass off saying the other dude was passed out by his rig, door wide open. We got the story the next morning.
Apparently, the guy that went to have a cigarette got to his rig, opened the door & was feeling like a wet noodle. He said he picked his foot up to get in his rig & immediately passed out on the ground.

Now he won't touch edibles.
He was a pretty light smoker to begin with but I guess the alcohol really gave him some cannabis stamina that night.

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Had a good one yesterday, this lady came in and joined the collective and asked about seeds...we have a few different seed companies so I'm showing her what we have and she sees the TGA seeds we carry and says " I'm really pissed off at that company, I bought some seeds last year and one had powdery mildew" I said I think it's more of an environment kinda deal not the seeds. She said it was just this one plant. I said that some strains are more susceptible to pm, but I don't think she believed me.
It takes a lot of will power to not just start laughing.....I would never do that ppl deff have their own thoughts on cannabis, but common sense!!

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So this might be the most out there statement I've heard at work so far.....this lady comes in( it's someone that has never grown before and totally clueless when it come to growing) and brings in a cpl of clones that she bought a week or so ago....she says that we sold her male plants. We ask a cpl of questions, where are they,in a green house or what? She says green house. We look at the clones and they are so not males, nothing but new growth and pretty little plants.
She then tells us she had a professional come and look at her plants and he said they were males because ( get ready for this ) it has 7 leaves!!! lol we all tell her that that is not true and the plants she has are females. It got a little heated cuz she kept arguing with us, we finally convinced her she was mistaken.
That one was one of the craziest things I've heard in a long long time!! Where do ppl get these idea?? lol

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
So this might be the most out there statement I've heard at work so far.....this lady comes in( it's someone that has never grown before and totally clueless when it come to growing) and brings in a cpl of clones that she bought a week or so ago....she says that we sold her male plants. We ask a cpl of questions, where are they,in a green house or what? She says green house. We look at the clones and they are so not males, nothing but new growth and pretty little plants.
She then tells us she had a professional come and look at her plants and he said they were males because ( get ready for this ) it has 7 leaves!!! lol we all tell her that that is not true and the plants she has are females. It got a little heated cuz she kept arguing with us, we finally convinced her she was mistaken.
That one was one of the craziest things I've heard in a long long time!! Where do ppl get these idea?? lol

That's actually some old handed down information (actually misinformation) that goes back as far as the 70's at least because I heard the same thing back then when me and my brother tried to grow some plants under tube fluorescents. We were told anything with 7 blades/fingers on a leaf or less was males. That females had 9 or more. Of course the truth is that the number of fingers/blades on a leaf is more an indication of maturity, not sex. Another thing we were told was that short fat/wide blades on a leaf was an indication of males and long skinny/narrow blades was an indication of females. Of course that is more an indication of genotype and not sex.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

no dispensary stories here yet. after what seemed like an eternity I was finally accepted into the Minnesota Medical Cannabis program.

I won't be walking into a showroom full of bud though, bud is still illegal in MN, instead it's cannabis pills, tinctures or oils to be vaped. Thankfully I can select either oils high in CBD, or THC according to my needs or preferences.

it's about 500 miles round trip to the nearest dispensary from my crib, that ain't funny.......

Latest posts

Latest posts