What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fimming

Fierce

I've heard of the FIM tecchnique but cant find any visual or precise details of how its done. Cant someone help me out on this?

kingspade

yea, follow the link sunnyside just posted, i posted some pics of fimming, most people said to go a little lower in the pinch, but it's always worked for me ... what the hell, i put the pics here too ... but next time, do a search on fim before starting a new thread ...

Closet Funk

CeRtIfIeD OrGaNiC!
Veteran
FIM is done the same way as topping but you don't pinch the whole growing shoot. Pinch half of it with some leaves and within a week or so you will have lots of new tips.

S

stretchpuppy

Hi. I have no pictures to add but I tried this technique (from which I read in the old OG FAQs) on one of my last Top44 girls and it worked very very well. She ended up with 5 or 6 shoots growing out of the top that all formed nice colas.

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
The story I like the best comes out of the Old Days when a hippy stoner was trying to top a plant. He only got about 80% of the top bud of the plant. Supposedly he said "Fuc# I Missed" so that is the story I heard.