What's new

How long can a nute solution sit?

bukstud4u

Say I mix up nutes w/ water to feed my plants. Since I will be growing only a couple small plants, I won't be using a full gallon to feed. Would there be any problems if I save the leftovers for the next feeding? Would I need to stir it or something before feeding? Thanks in advance.

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
I've had some of my Botanicare fertilizers for years now. I keep them in a rubbermaid container which helps keep temperatures stable. Make sure to keep them somewhere it won't get too hot or cold. I also shake them vigorously every month or so to keep organic sediment from sticking to the bottom.

-Funk

Helis

Do you mean mixed nutrients? I was fine leaving mine mixed for up to a week... I did 3 gallons at a time and it usually lasted me a week if not (rare) I threw it out and mixed more. Constant recirculation from a 60gph (silent) pump kept the funk away (no offense to you, FunkBomb) as I found if it was just plain sitting there it would get a tepid smell rather quick. Like stagnant water, y'know?

G

Greyskull

i like to cap premixed nutes at 10 days max.
i have airstones pumping fresh o2 into my rezies keeping everything nice and fresh for as long as i can. some folks like to use stir pumps... but if you are onlyt mixing 1g at a time i woulld go with the airstone action....

T

THC_Decapitator

the plants want it fresh and sweet , not stagnant . Maximum I would keep it without aeration would be like 3 days if its covered .

!!!

Now in technicolor
Veteran
Keep it out of heat and light, and preferably aerated. If you aren't using an air pump, just stir it every day or two at least. Don't let the water evaporate too much, else it will increase the concentration of the solution.

If the solution becomes cloudy or has any unusual smell, it's best to toss it out, though if it stinks you CAN probably still use it. Not worth the risk though.

Latest posts

Latest posts