What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

need nutrient ratio for GH 3 part w/ hardwater micro

D

deepforest

using ProMix HP in 2 gal pots, hand fed, on hard well-water

GH G-M-B or just M-B for lucas (havent decided yet) should i feed 1/3 strength every time and no plain water, or go full strength - plain water - plain water?

ps. im using hardwater micro so i was thinking that it'd be better to go 1/3 strength and never feed plain water because my well water is high in Calcium...b/c i would overfeed Calcium with plain waterings on full strength - plain water - plain water scheme cause well water is generally high in Calcium. right?

p.s. i only veg 2 weeks, should i go with lucas or stick with 3-2-1 1-2-3?

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Full str then water or 1/3rd str every water.... the choice is really up to you. You're going to be watching your plants for over/under feed and balancing the pH in your soil. If you feed 1/3rd str every watering.... be sure to 'flush' every few weeks. Just watch the pH of your runoff and when it begins to get low, low.... flush. :D

I can't recommend getting a source for RO water enough. If you can't do it now, plan to put a unit in later. Your biggest issues may come from what's actually in your water since tap/well is the big unknown without testing.

Edit: Cannabis is also EXCELLENT at sucking up and concentrating heavy metals. (Makes those really crazy purples and other colors just stand out.) Hint: Heavy metals are not good for you.