What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Molasses as normal nutrient?

I have done reading on molasses as a boost for plants during flowering, but I'm wondering if it could be used alone as a general nutrient?

Does it have a good enough N-P-K saturation to do so?

Any other insights?
Thanks in advance for your inpit :gift:

So basically, molasses is void of any significant amount of N?

At least, that's what I've picked up from the link. I need to up my knowledge, hehe.

*mistress*

Veteran
So basically, molasses is void of any significant amount of N?

At least, that's what I've picked up from the link. I need to up my knowledge, hehe.
~1% nitrogen

which seems to be derived from the protein...

crude protein/6.25=nitrogen

that 1% is avg of large sampling of various molasses different production regions.

yes, nitrogen is lacking in molasses-only regime... but, adding corn gluten meal (9-0-0) to the media may help w/ nitrogen...

have ran, in imagination, entire season w/ only molasses. food + feed grade. leaves will turn yellow earlier... can be ok, if amendment added via top-dressing, or included in mix prior to sow/transplant.

these may also be helpful:

Canna Boost V Molasses - side by side comparison.

&

goal:pre-fertilized coco+water only

enjoy your garden!