What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I'll start...What do you use?

ibjamming

Veteran
I grow in mushroom compost, about 15% perlite, and some dolomite lime. I rarely fertilize in veg, and then use A/N Sensi Bloom lightly during flowering. To be honest, I don't really notice a big difference between the AN and Miracle grow... My buds don't win awards...but they get me by just fine.

And you?

Sleepy

Veteran
I'm In!

I'm In!

nutes/ additives i have been happy with:

Liquid Karma

Cal~Mag by Botanicare...used to use, switched to:
Cal-Max with iron by Gro-Tek

Bio Bloom for flowering...

hygrozyme...

pH down...my water starts at 8.5-9.0!!

just got a huge shipment of free stuff from Cutting Edge Solutions, and i intend on using those for a while. Including:
Plant Amp; Uncle John’s Blend™; [SIZE=+1]Mag Amped™; Bloom; Grow; and a Micro...

i have grown in Pro~Mix in the past, but i found a new medium and i am going to use it:

[/SIZE]Just Right Xtra All Organic Potting Mix

just_right_xtra.jpg

"Just Right mix is Rich blend of OMRI Listed organic materials, microbes and fungi. We know you will enjoy your "Bag of Biology™"
Items with a
general_hydroponics_icon.jpg
are from:
general_hydroponics_logo.gif

Just Right Xtra Potting Mix contains:

• general_hydroponics_icon.jpg
    Cocotek Coconut Coir: a high quality, low sodium, medium contains pith, fibers and coconut chips. This blend creates a more diverse and less compact growing medium
    Ancient Forest Humus: has incredible microbiological diversity the ultimate natural compost
  • Large Perlite: non-toxic sterile odorless material improves drainage and aeration that promotes strong root development
  • Premium Earthworm Castings: red Earthworms are fed and an all organic diet and vermicompost generated contains a diverse and abundant microbiological community
  • Miadenwell Diatomite Silica Stone: a rich source of plant available silica which is widely documented to stimulate dramatic growth in plants thereby increasing their resistance to disease
    Rare Earth: derived from ancient seabed deposits of prophylactic clay that are blended with fulvate ore
    SubCulture M: a mycorhizae root inoculant that contains a wide diversity of endo and ecto mycorrhizal fungi that colonize plant roots
    SubCulture B: a probioticinoculum of beneficial microorganisms that will help increase the vitality and yield in all plants
  • Natural Sulfate of Potash is a natural potash mineral contains 51 percent potash 18 percent sulfur. It also contains trace amounts of calcium and magnesium. Potassium is second only to nitrogen in terms of the abundance needed for plants.
  • Bone Char contains more than 16% available phosphate (P[SIZE=-2]2[/SIZE]O[SIZE=-2]5[/SIZE]) and 32% total phosphate
For Optimum growth we recommend use of de-chlorinated water the first few weeks then and any of the Flora Series Supplements such as Flora Blend Compost tea.
We know you will enjoy your "Bag of Biology™" and all the complex microscopic pores which provide the perfect "condominium" living environment for its countless microbial communities, as much as we have enjoyed rounding them all up into the bag."

we shall see how they do...

peace!:xmasnut:

Roortokeage

I have only Used and tryed FF Trio Liquid Pack
KoolBloom Powder mix, Cal-Mag and SuperThrive, and last but not least Sweetner

Fuzz420

Ganja Smoker Extraordinaire
Veteran

With Foxfarm Ocean Forrest Dirt

I go by a modified FF schedule, i feed much lighter than they recommend

skunktoker

Sunshine mix-#1) superthrive
Buddha-grow) Buddha-bloom)
Organisms-XL) Big-Bud)..Followed by overdrive
Mollasses..once every week to 10 days.

ST

V

vonforne

I make my own from Earth worm castings, compost, peat, coco, guanos, horn meal, horn chips, Algen Kalk (calcium from seaweed), kelp meal and extract, fish emulsions, humic and fulvic acids, rock powders, glacial rock dust......and we will not get into the things I add to the composts.

V

grow1620

3 parts EWC
3 parts spaghnum moss
2 parts perlite
tsp bonemeal
tsp bloodmeal
Tsp lime

I water with bubbled tap water with bout 1 Tsp molasses to every 3 gallons with most waterings, every 4 waterings or so I water/flush with straight water. When the soil (less) is about a month old I start to water occasionally with tea made from 1 Tsp molassas and about 1/2 tsp FF happy frog fruit and flower, adjusting the strength of the tea to my plants needs/growth phase. I have other additives and crap too, but when I cut them out I didn't notice any changes so I've been K.I.S.S. I plan on switching to ffof soon cuz it's available here now finally.

Medium: Canna Coco

Base Fertilizer: House and Garden Cocos A & B

Veg. & Roots Additives: Canna's Rhizotonic & Cannazyme

Flower Additives: Humboldt Nutrient's Honey Carbo Load, Canna's PK 13/14 in week 3, Atami's Bloombastic until flush starting a week before harvest using Blackstrap Molasses and plain water

Flush: Using Clearex but will replace with Drip Clean feeding at 1 ml/gallon every feed.

America

Lucas formula. Easiest for me.. two measurements, thats all!

100% Perlite or
100% Coco or
50/50% Perlite / Coco

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
GH Floranova Grow
GH Floranova Bloom
Botanicare Cal/Mag +
Superthrive
Foxfarm Open Seasme
Foxfarm Beastie Bloomz
Foxfarm Cha Ching

pietje puck

medium/canna gogr
base fertilizer/canna gogr a-b
veg/canna rhizotonic and cannazyme
flower addditives/pk13.14 and canna boost

Masterlow

50% coco coir
50% perlite
dolomite lime
turbo grow
bat guano
rock phosphate
Kelpak

those nutes hold the plant through veg
Flowering i fert with bio bizz bloom and epsom salts when nessacary.

hilbie

previous run, coco 75% dirt 25% garden soil fed with tap water and floranova bloom the whole way through very easy.

present run, pretty much same medium maybe less soil and gh flora series so i can control my bloom nitrogen levels better

also running organic plants on fish emulsion n blackstrap plus piss and maybe some comfrey tea.

im a K.I.S.S method kind of guy- atleast in search of it. i dont drive here n there for organic amendments and mix this n that and add 6 nutes for one run, its a weed, i try not to make it harder then it has to be-

hilbie

I don't really notice a big difference between the AN and Miracle grow... My buds don't win awards...but they get me by just fine.

And you?[/quote]

there is no differance, its all just metals your feeding your plants if your running chems, the only advancement in some nutes is cal mag is added , there has been no progress in chem nutes at all, just the medium we run them in and are control of ph-

This is what works for me in DWC/Buckets: (My water is well water @ 50 PPM)

All measurements are per gallon------

6 ml GH Micro
12 ml GH Bloom (Lucas Formula - Lite)
1.5 ml Fox Farm Beastie Bloomz (for all those micro nutes that aren't in my water)
3 ml GH Floralicious Bloom
.5 ml SuperThrive
8 ml Hyrgrozyme (this stuff is really worth the $ IMHO!)

My nute analysis is (per the spreadsheet that is floating around)

112 N
158 P
232 K
59 Mg
39 S
104 C

I Ph to 6.0 and I change my nutes every 8 or 9 days. I get really good yields, anywhere from .5 to 1 gram per 1000 w, depending on strain and other unforeseen, non nutrient variables.

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran
i use gh 3 part, liquid karma, sugar daddy, kelp
in hempy buckets w/ 90/10 perlite-vermiculite
1/4 strength in veg, 1/2 strenght in flower
1500w perpetual

hashit

Fox Farm Ocean Forest Soil
Fox Farm Grow Big/Big Bloom/Tiger Bloom
Cal-Mag

I feed every other watering and I start at 1/4 strength (Grow Big veg, Tiger Bloom flower). I give full strength Big Bloom every other watering...which is more of a soil conditioner.

turbo14

Veteran
Hydro:

Ionic Bloom+ Boost, Liquid Karma, Sugar Daddy, Cal-Mag. Going to throw some awesome blossom in the mix as well. All work great and are cost effective.

turbo