What's new

Time to start LST?

Hüsker Dü

The numbers etc:

C99 Hybrid - fem. 12 days old.
Will live under 250W GPS (perhaps with occasional visits outdoors!)

Will be transpotted in either 1.6 gallon / 6 liters or 2.9 gallon / 11 liters pots.

My questions are:
  • Is it ok to start LST now?
  • How about topping. Would that be a must with this strain?
Havent decided how long time she´ll be vegging - it depends on her growpattern.

She´ll share the room with 3 sisters.
I have planned transpotting two of them in the "small" pots, and two in the bigger pots.

And here is how she looks today. I could easily start LSTíng her as you can see.

What would you do?

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

HD

Passion99

LST her like u did with finger on last picture. topping is ok if you do that at least one week before switching to 12/12

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
you're on the right track, just keep doing that to the top node for as long as you want. when the branches start growing do the same with those if you like. i usually just tie back the top and let the branches go.

oneshot

I would have topped that plant first before LST. You will probably get quicker/better results and will also allow you to have more LST in the future.

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
you don't need to top. lst is doing the same thing you would achieve by topping. getting the branches to take over as main growth.

I prefer LST and supercroping, to toping. But all methods work, depends on what you’re after and the cultivar you’re working with.

T_B_M

I noticed you said you will bring it outdoors once in a while.

Plants under HPS or other indoor lighting will get burned from the intensity of direct sunlight. Just be aware of that and monitor them. If they start to get burn marks take them out of the sun. I've done it before. Its best to get the plant used to it by putting it in a fairly shaded area and work in more direct sun each day over the course of a week or two.