What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

molasses

I would like to know if molasses
is really good for growing?
do you give molasses only in the last week of flowering?
what does it do for the plant?
does it only a weight?
is it only good when growing organic?:thank you:
:thank you:thanks for your help

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
Molasses is really good stuff, it will add flavour and taste to your buds. Use it near the end of flowering for best results, it will give your plants extra energy too.

justiceman

Veteran
I would like to know if molasses
is really good for growing?
do you give molasses only in the last week of flowering?
what does it do for the plant?
does it only a weight?
is it only good when growing organic?:thank you:
:thank you:thanks for your help

Molasses is good for growing. Lots of people use it. Molasses is beneficial during the whole life of the plant. Molasses provides some minerals as well as small amounts of plant available carbohydrates. The main reason molasses is good is because the bulk of the carbohydrate and mineral content feeds the microbes witch feed your plant. Does it only add weight? If that's what you meant then NO it does more then that. It's mostly used when growing organic although I'm sure there are some who dabble with it in hydro or maybe passive hydro setups.

Manijahtor

The main reason molasses is good is because the bulk of the carbohydrate and mineral content feeds the microbes witch feed your plant. .
it also feeds the bad ones, so apply once youve added some trichoderm previously.
molasses is good to give energy to the plant to do essential process during flowering, but its also used in vegetative... you can also spray it on the leafs, its weird but bugs dont seem to like it.
molasses is great to activate the micro-life in the soil, so, use it when you start vegg and in middle vegg, then when you start flowering and when ending flowering. whenever you see the soil dry and not dark, mychorrizae and other beneficial microbes die when soil is too dry. also after flushin. whit this technique youll keep microlife going on and youll see more trichs at the end of flowering.
saludos bro

spunion

I don't think you're really supposed to use it during middle flower, just very beginning and end. From what I understand it aids the uptake of nitrogen, so the plant could develop a deficiency if you're using it throughout the entire flower cycle.

Manijahtor

I don't think you're really supposed to use it during middle flower, just very beginning and end. From what I understand it aids the uptake of nitrogen, so the plant could develop a deficiency if you're using it throughout the entire flower cycle.
no.. it aids the uptake on nitrogen in vegg stage, becouse nitrogen is translocated in mid flowering, if plant show a nitrogen overdose in this stage, its becouse youve fed too much nitrogen during the vegetative stage.
in simple words, molasses is bacteria food & also a great source of energy for the plants proceses.
saludos

Dkgrower

Veteran
from midflower i add molasse plus algea mix (Bio bizz) untill start off flush period, pumps up buds resin production and terpenten.

Molasse also rich in Kalium and Mg

Best Booster around

Manijahtor

from midflower i add molasse plus algea mix (Bio bizz) untill start off flush period, pumps up buds resin production and terpenten.

Molasse also rich in Kalium and Mg

Best Booster around
you can flush with molasses too, to keep the micro-life... living!, remember always apply molasses after or with the flush.. you will see a lot more trichs
salú!

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Use either Nature's Guide or Stockade brands, others are not high enough sugar content or beet vs cane.

Turkey Killer- you can, but since molasses is for the micro herd, shouldn't it always be present, not applied at whim?

dank.Frank

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts