What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

#9’s Mountain Mix SCROG & BOG

#9Dream

Thanks to suggestions made during my last grow I have decided to experiment with SCROG and something similar to BOG. BOG or Box of Green is a grow in a box with bud on the sides held up with a vertical screen. I am planning more of a bowl of bud or an arena grow. The grow area is 3'x3'x7' My plan is to use the screen to train the branches so that the colas are in the corners and the lower branches to the sides and center. The goal is to get the canopy equidistant from the light. This will give me more surface area to the canopy and hopefully a higher yield. My last grow turned into an arena grow when my Purple Trainwreck stretched up around my light. I should be able to control the mountain mix better this time with a screen. Here is the Purple Trainwreck from last grow. I got almost as much from this room as I had from the 10 bucket room whose trees kept my lights too far from the canopy.
picture.php

Here is how the new grow looks today
picture.php

This is my first attempt at SCROG. I think I may have waited too long to flower. This mountain mix can get big under the right circumstances. They are in day 6 of flower after 3 weeks of veg. I am running a 600w in the 4 bucket room and 2 400w lights in the 10 bucket room. I use RO water with GH nutes Lucas style with Awesome Blossoms.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

#9Dream

Day 16

Day 16

Less than one week of stretch left and it cant come too soon. It's going to be a big canopy.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I've mounted my lights on a rail with about 18" of travel. That should help keep the canopy even and help fill out the buds.
picture.php

#9Dream

Day 34

Day 34

I read somewhere that a scrog that gets too big can be a bad thing. Anybody see anything that I should watch out for? This room has been filling up pretty good.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

This is the bog part of the grow
picture.php

picture.php

This is the only plant I am having a problem with and I know why. I switched the position of two of the plants late in veg and this one had nutrients dripped on it from the other netpot. You can see how the damage goes right across the middle while the outside branches are fine. Live and learn.
picture.php

gardenlover

looks great man I will have to keep an eye on this one, I am about to run some mountain mix as well. Have you smoked any of the mountain mix plant yet?

#9Dream

Thanks Gardenlover, I've grown this same plant about 4 times now. It can be a monster as it was in my Recirculating DWC grow. This is some of the most fragrant weed I have ever had. The taste is difficult to describe, spicy and fruity is the best I can do. Its not like any spice or fruit I can name.

bens lab

Love a good scrog, i've also got me some of those seeds, cant wait to grow them out, yours look great.

Good shit. :D

Latest posts

Latest posts