What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

storing hash long term?

i would like to know if it would be possible to store a few oz of hash which had been dry sifted and pressed for a up to a few years, but gradually with pieces broken off to smoke when i need it and then i put it back. any ideas?

troutman

Seed Whore
Send it to me I'll store it. Just joking. :biggrin:

Just place it in a seal vial or jar then hide it from light and heat.

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
A cool, dark, dry spot is all you need. Hash will store indefinitely. Or more correctly, it will store until you finish smoking it.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
I bought some hash in Amsterdam that was hard as a rock. It was obviously kind of old. But it didn't lack any potency or flavor. The shop just had it stored in a tupperware container.

I heard that if it gets dry it crumbles or that the triches explode, lol anyway I think I'd put it in a tin like they do in Jamaica in some urban Remo vid in a dark cool place

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
Glass jar in the fridge, there is some almost a year old,
but that is because I smoke hash only in the winter months
for some reason.

After I retire I will smoke hash more often.