What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anyone else bored with the same old strains

B

bigganjabud

OK this thread is mostly for London growers

Really ain't everyone sick of Ammi and chedda
Maaaaaaaaaaaan

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
Here in Cali there is soo many I don't think I can smoke and grow them all..But I will try my best...Yeehaw

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That's like eating a plain Hershey's bar, year in, year out. Experiment!!!

My favorite strains are the one consumed at the moment, although can never go wrong with a C99, Haze, Blueberry, Big Bud, etc.

Cvh

Supermod
The same old strains? Imo never in history has there been so many choice.
When I started 15-20 years ago you had a very limited choice here in mainland Europe.
When I look now at the seedbank I use they have over 2k strains. Thats a big difference with the couple of dozens strains available in the past.

I think it's just up to you. And that you just need to do some seed shopping.

oldbootz

Veteran
Go shopping! Try some of Verdant Greens Bluedigiberry F2! Just because there are a lot of main stream stuff around doesn't mean you have to buy it.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
I called it bigdud.....never thought it was any good for anything but yield....,yeehaw and I tried several versions

yts farmer

Veteran
I would love to have amnesia and a legit cheese cut in my locker.

I used to have cheese and a few other mothers but lost it to the old bill about 5 years now.

Been self sufficient for so long now I've not needed to buy any but a friend did get me a q of amnesia last year sometime and i thought it was fire.

Peace.

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
I'm working a cross from seeds saved from 1979, the pot I smoked in high school.

I'm not bored with it, and can say state of mind plays a factor in your perception of
the events you experience.

Maybe you're just simple, unable to feel/notice nuanced differences of an event repeated.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Sure, everyone gets sick of the same ol thing. Gotta mix it up with something completely different. Try some Ace sativa's!

troutman

Seed Whore
Well get some Landraces and make your own strain if you want something new that bad.

I have and it's fun. :dance013:

B

bigganjabud

Ment just the mass produced shit strains in London before I moved lol

Now I haven't even heard of those strains unless I been on the phone to anyone there hahaha

Ain't even had the same strain two days running
Lately

And popcorn Shatter is only cheap aswell like £30 a gram shit man I can cope with that at the min

yts farmer

Veteran
So is it a London thing where cheese and amnesia are regarded as benchmark strains and if you haven't got them people are not interested?

Peace.