What's new

Yet Another DIY Grow Cabinet

Humple W.

Still following along. Im looming forward to seeing your comparison of hps v led...

Hey, thanks, man! Yeah, it should be very interesting. If I find that I can get as much yield from 135w of LED as from a 250w HPS, a change to the cabinet will be in order. That would leave me with the HPS as a spare light; nice to have in case of emergency!

R

Rageous8899

You can get more yield with 135 watts of LED vs 250 hps. The photons being wasted and by wasted i mean light your plant cannot see therefore use is crazy. You say its cold where you are so that is a huge lean to the hps. I bring my 600 out every winter and it actually helps heat my place by recycling into my house. Lol. I wont knock hps by any means. Its tried and true witgout a doubt. But im telling you for a fact: you put 135w LED (good LED) vs 250 hps the 135 wins all day and you will cut watts by not using as much fan to cool. Im a DIY'er as i seeyou are aswell and i can appreciate something ive mademyaelf rather than buy, and the crap led premade fixtures on the market are not worth buying with a few exceptions. Heres a link to a few of my builds and i know the cxb3590 seems pricey but i only run 2 for now and a couple ofpanels with mixedcree xml2 3500-6500k whites, luxeon royal blues, cree photo and deep reds with a total of 180 watts +-10 watts. And i expect a far superior yield to my hps. The nugs are so dense as well. I find the plant has a weird adjustment period to get used to the leds for some reason because i veg under t5 but after a few days you will see that they love it and its offering a wider spectrum that the girls can actually see and use. Sorry if i seem like im blasting the hps and im really not. Im just passio ate about the led and i dont want people buying the wrong stuff and outting a bad taste in their mouth like i almost did after buying some mars hydro "300" watt panels. I dig your micro tho my friend and im in the process of making a couple myself. Lol. Keep us posted. And if you got any questions about the diy just hmu id be more than happy to helps. Stay up// Rageous //
https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=72902
https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=73679

Humple W.

Sweet builds, Rageous! Have you looked into the quantum board LEDs from Horticulture Lighting Group (HLG)? They're pretty damn sexy. I'm seeing some amazing things happening with these boards (over on another forum).

It's encouraging to hear your take on HID vs. LED. Seems to me that we're looking at the grow lighting of the future. Less energy used, less heat, more useable light generated, way more options on form-factor... But the point you make about using the HPS' heat in your favor is something I've been thinking about myself. If I don't have a heating solution in place by this coming winter, I think I'm going to run autoflowers under the HPS at 24/7 through the season. Won't have to fight with the climate or try to rig something up to address the temp and humidity changes at lights-out.

Humple W.

Here's my new 135 watt Quantum Board fixture all set up and hanging over three HSO Blue Dream plants. I have the driver turned down to about half, and I'm pulling 80 watts from the wall. The light panel is 16 inches from the top of the tallest plant. Time to find out how this thing grows!

Attachments

• 0627170107b_HDR.jpg
    0627170107b_HDR.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 0627170107.jpg
    0627170107.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 8

Latest posts

Latest posts