What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Venus Project Plans to Bring Humanity to the Next Stage of Social Evolution

TnTLabs

do i understand correct that you are saying, because the beginning of the movie was debunked (by who? what was there scope of things?) you say the whole movie is crap?
If so that is very black & white... theres more in between... and that was the intention of the film (my interpretation anyway) to show the other possibilitys, other versions of reality...

You say "it is pretty wild people are still falling for it." as we have not met personally nore spoken before, to PRESUME i have fallen for anything is very naive, basing it on only one comment that i have posted on this matter.

If you are saying that the movie has no credibility what so ever and everything is just made up, then i will refrain from further discussing this matter with you, thanks

TnTLabs

screw zeitgeist, and you too mr. enlightened.

zeitgeist threads have been binned on ICMag for ages, that would sorta tell you how well it's received around here.

You are so enlightened and we're all still runnin' around chucking spears @ food and living in caves. :nono:

Wanna see the health & wealth of the world we live in today & the preceding 200 years???
THIS YouTube video is based on FACT not fiction.......

Hans Rosling's 200 Countries, 200 Years, 4 Minutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbkSRLYSojo

and this video will take up only 4:47 of your life.

zeitgeist is video diarrhea.

no reason to get personal!
again, my message is to be open minded,
not once did i say the movie is the truth.. come on now

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

I/we don't want to seek the small instances of truth amongst a sea of bullshit, the zeitgeist videos.

to say that we're not enlightened by not watching a BS series of vids just doesn't sit well with me.

I've been enlightened in ways that you'd never understand, that doesn't make me better or smarter than you or anyone else here. Sometimes I share moments or pieces of that enlightenment here, but I share them as advice, a little bit at a time, w/o any agenda.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
no reason to get personal!
again, my message is to be open minded,
not once did i say the movie is the truth.. come on now

the zeitgeist videos are lies then according to this post of yours, why the flock should I watch hours worth of lies???

TnTLabs

I/we don't want to seek the small instances of truth amongst a sea of bullshit, the zeitgeist videos.

to say that we're not enlightened by not watching a BS series of vids just doesn't sit well with me.

I've been enlightened in ways that you'd never understand, that doesn't make me better or smarter than you or anyone else here. Sometimes I share moments or pieces of that enlightenment here, but I share them as advice, a little bit at a time, w/o any agenda.

where do i say this?

again, you dont know me, so to say i wouldnt understand your enlightenment experiences is naive and you are putting yourself above me...
this is not the way i was talking to anyone here...
dont twist things now

TnTLabs

the zeitgeist videos are lies then according to this post of yours, why the flock should I watch hours worth of lies???

again, you are twisting...
why not ask in a normal manner what i mean if you dont understand!
i said, and i will repeat, not once did i say the movies are the truth,
BUT worth watching to see other possibilitys and opinions...
and the only reason i said it because they are linked to this thread, as the Venus Project comes up in the film...

you are doing exactly what you are accusing me of doing..
putting yourself above me, saying you are enlightened and i wouldnt understand...

the other thing is, there is no reason to start cussing someone because of there ideas or comments.. this is a discussion here in an open forum.. lets keep it clean

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
tnt, you talk about "REAL" research, and it seems you have not even read what the film maker says about his own film, forget the fact that the whole religion part is incorrect, but the film maker himself has stated that the movie in question is a liberal arts thing and not a documentary, he only admitted this though, after the release of his first film was destroyed by critics.

A quote from the film maker:
"That noted, “Zeitgeist: The Movie” was an art piece first and foremost and a great deal of liberty was taken in its expression. In the very first edition, I had a section with John F. Kennedy talking about the “grand conspiracy” of Communism and overlaid it onto his assassination footage. I knew what I was doing and did so because it was an amazing artistic effect. It wasn’t until the film was grossly misinterpreted in its mixed genre style and artistic license that I later went back and made such editorial changes to conform it to a more “documentary form”."

Let this suffice as I have no more time to spare on beating this old dead horse. The info is out there for anyone who wants it.

TnTLabs

tnt, you talk about "REAL" research, and it seems you have not even read what the film maker says about his own film, forget the fact that the whole religion part is incorrect, but the film maker himself has stated that the movie in question is a liberal arts thing and not a documentary, he only admitted this though, after the release of his first film was destroyed by critics.

A quote from the film maker:
"That noted, “Zeitgeist: The Movie” was an art piece first and foremost and a great deal of liberty was taken in its expression. In the very first edition, I had a section with John F. Kennedy talking about the “grand conspiracy” of Communism and overlaid it onto his assassination footage. I knew what I was doing and did so because it was an amazing artistic effect. It wasn’t until the film was grossly misinterpreted in its mixed genre style and artistic license that I later went back and made such editorial changes to conform it to a more “documentary form”."

Let this suffice as I have no more time to spare on beating this old dead horse. The info is out there for anyone who wants it.

peter josephs is an activist whitch is clear to be seen in the movie... but in every lie if you so will, there is a grain of truth...
thats all im trying to say..

the people who were dancing seemed to be crazy, for those who couldnt here the music...

THCengineer

UTOPIA OR DYSTOPIA?

UTOPIA OR DYSTOPIA?

cover-banners-1-650x333.png

Sir Thomas More's Utopia was written in Latin towards the close of 1515.

So what are we going to do? It is not a new question. 500 years ago it’s what Thomas More was asking himself.

Utopia Or Dystopia? What is the concensus?

https://www.quora.com/Is-a-Utopia-possible-Why-or-why-not
Is a Utopia possible? Why or why not?

Geoffrey Widdison, studied at The University of Utah
Answered Feb 11

It's been often pointed out that the term “Utopia” is a deliberate pun. Spelled one way, it means “good place”, and spelled another, it means “no place”. Hence, the very concept of Utopia cites it as being something that can't exist.

That said, the question, as asked, can't be answered without a definition. What is Utopia? If you say, a perfect world, then it can't. For one thing, the world will always be populated with people. Some of those people will be jerks. Some will be crazy. Some will try to do the right thing, but have funny ideas about what that is. We can't ever eliminate that totally without destroying what it is to be human.

There again, what does a Utopia actually look like? Some people would see it as a world of stringent morality, clear social order, hard work and diligent study. Others would imagine a world of constant pleasure, fun and play. Others would imagine a world of unstructured relaxation and peace. Those visions are not only different, they often contradict. So who's Utopia would it be? And what happens to everyone else?

Talking about the perfect society is useless. What we should be talking about is the best possible version of society. To me, that would be a world in which everyone’s basic needs are met (food, clothing, housing, education, transportation, communication and medical care). Beyond that, it's up to you to succeed in life, the economic structure should promote a large and robust middle class, but some people will be rich and some will live down at the bottom.

Beyond that, you'd have to have a very low crime rate (though zero is just unrealistic), strong social protections and networks to ensure people are taken care of, and an aggressive system to make sure that opportunities are as equal as possible. The society should have transparent and responsive government, free and unfettered expression, but an absolute minimum of hatred and discrimination. Diversity of culture, ethnicity and lifestyle would be embraced and celebrated. A healthy life would be enabled and encouraged, but not enforced, and violence, though never inconceivable, would be exceptionally rare.

The thing is, none of this is impossible. All of these pieces currently exist in some place and to some degree, and some countries hit high marks on most of them. Technology may help some these become a reality, but much of it is just social engineering.

Even in this ‘best world’, some people would be dissatisfied, some would be outright miserable. But such is the world. We can't build a perfect society, but that doesn't mean we can't build a good one.

Ben Spindler, Studied philosophy in my youth.
Answered Feb 10

Theoretically possible? Yes. Practically speaking? No.

Utopia comes from a work by Sir Thomas More who wrote of a fictional island with an ideal society. He defined Utopia as no place, that is in the name itself he recognized that while he could describe and work towards attaining an ideal society it is not possible to achieve that society. I would argue that not much has changed in human nature since he wrote the book 500 years ago. Sure we may have different dreams and desires that the people of England of the 16th century but we still have dreams and desires. We still make decisions that go against our own dreams and desires. There is still evil in the world. There will always be people who want to mess with system just to say that they were able to mess with the system. That is why while we can work toward the idea of Utopia we will never fully achieve

TnTLabs

thanks for holding the mirror in my face.. i think due to me being a bit disappointed that the thread got the reactions that it did (im not involved in any way), made me give a impulsive reaction..
I was including myself when saying we should try and be more conscious etc...
just didnt make that clear enough i guess... my impulsive reactions overpowered my post...
sorry to all for coming across like a dick...

Mick

Veteran
I couldn't get into Zeitgiest but I like the old soundtrack Zeit by Tangerine Dream. According to wiki, Zeit, which means 'time, was based on the philosophy that time was in fact motionless and only exists in our own minds, which makes sense to me. If you like space music you may love this. Here's a taste.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SG5UmB3qzFc

Dog Star

Veteran
Time dont alouds you to enjoy a life.. its a true that time dont exist and is specific
for humans.. all other animals and plants are not interested much in time..

living yesterday or tommorow also made lot of pain.. what we have is a present time
as only normal livable moment.. but a mind made mistake with time element so
he/she usually thinks on future or past.. that is where pain is hidding.

Answer to avoid suffering is to live only in presence forever..

THCengineer

Zeitgeist Jacque Fresco

Zeitgeist Jacque Fresco

162738_1363919876624_1790432390_712501_5249812_n.jpg

I think that Jacque Fresco was a true Renaissance Man who embodied the Zeitgeist of our age. He meticulously gathered data from various sources, including Einstein, then synthesized the mass into a Utopian template for a sustainable society. Jacque was an idealist, inventor and reformer whose humanitarian mission has inspired others to realize a more perfect civilization. Remarkably, he designed a complete system of life that incorporated a superior accommodation for the potentialities of humanity. Jacque's comprehensive scheme appears to be analogous to an advanced alien sci-fi scenario that other visionaries have contemplated. Actually, it is merely an example of efficiency and practicality manifested through a more nurturing, intelligent and benevolent employment of existing resources.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zeitgeist
ZEITGEIST

The Zeitgeist (spirit of the age or spirit of the time) is the dominant set of ideals and beliefs that motivate the actions of the members of a society in a particular period in time. For example, the Zeitgeist of modernism motivated the creation of new forms in the fields of architecture, art, and fashion during much of the 20th century. Zeitgeist is a powerful force embedded in the individuals of a society.[1] The German word Zeitgeist, translated literally as "time mind" or "time spirit", is often attributed to the philosopher Georg Hegel, but he never actually used the word. In his works such as Lectures on the Philosophy of History, he uses the phrase der Geist seiner Zeit (the spirit of his time)—for example, "no man can surpass his own time, for the spirit of his time is also his own spirit."[2]

Other philosophers who were associated with such ideas include Herder and Spencer and Voltaire.[1] The concept contrasts with the Great Man theory popularized by Thomas Carlyle, which sees history as the result of the actions of heroes and geniuses.
Hegel believed that art reflected, by its very nature, the culture of the time in which it is created. Culture and art are inextricable because an individual artist is a product of his or her time and therefore brings that culture to any given work of art. Furthermore, he believed that in the modern world it was impossible to produce classical art, which he believed represented a "free and ethical culture", which depended more on the philosophy of art and theory of art, rather than a reflection of the social construct, or Zeitgeist in which a given artist lives.[3]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIt_jrIOlA4
JACQUE FRESCO IN 5 MINUTES

THCengineer

In this update we inform you of the latest additions to The Venus Project.

In this update we inform you of the latest additions to The Venus Project.

800x-1.jpg

The Venus Project Designs by Jacque Fresco. Fresco says rounded structures are more efficient and better protected
against natural disasters.

In this update we inform you of the latest additions to The Venus Project

Designing the Future

Jacque Fresco’s free e-Book Designing the Future is now on our site. Thanks to the hard work of the Linguistic Team International (LTI) and others, it is translated into eleven different languages: Brazilian PT, French, German, Malayalam, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Turkish and Norwegian.

Within Designing the Future are eighty-four photos of Jacque’s original designs, which help exemplify the possibilities within a Resource Based Economy. Enjoy a few random statements from the book.

“Remember that almost every new concept was ridiculed, rejected, and laughed at when first presented, especially by the experts of the time.”

“Unfortunately our social structures evolved with no overall global planning.”

“One condition for the assignment of redesigning society is that your social design must live within the carrying capacity of our planet. This means our resources have to support life on the planet for everyone. This will certainly require scientific methods of evaluation.”

“In much the same way we must look at the entire planet as a whole and ask 'what have we here?' We want to apply this same intelligent method of planning using a scientific system of Earth sciences for planetary survival. The degree to which we don’t apply this scientific method to the way we live on Earth may very well determine the unnecessary amount of suffering that will occur.”

“If we look at things scientifically, there is more than enough food and material goods on Earth to take care of all people’s needs – if managed correctly. There is enough to enable everyone to have a very high standard of living with the intelligent use of technology, resources, and technical personnel. When we say the use of technology, we mean technology that is not harmful to people or the environment and doesn’t waste time and energy.”

Slideshow URL:

http://enlightened-humanity.net/venus-project/#iLightbox[gallery_image_1]/0

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts