What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Zamaldelica

YukonKronic

Good advice, Yukon. I’m going to try and reveg my OTHxMT. Since they are outdoors in a raised bed, I’ll have to figure out how best to get them into pots.

If you have to fuck up the rootball I would leave extra vegetation so the plant has enough “left to live for” so to speak... root destruction coupled with massive vegetation loss at the cusp of senescence could be too much for them to bounce back from.
Just theorizing though I’ve never revegged a large plant like that..

Joeyjoejoe1234

If you have to fuck up the rootball I would leave extra vegetation so the plant has enough “left to live for” so to speak... root destruction coupled with massive vegetation loss at the cusp of senescence could be too much for them to bounce back from.

So if I’m more interested in saving my plant than in my harvest would it be better to chop early?

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran

Yes, my thoughts as well. The other option could be to leave it be and see if it survives to longer days, perhaps can get a reveg still in the ground. Things to consider...

YukonKronic

So if I’m more interested in saving my plant than in my harvest would it be better to chop early?

Well... probably. Senescence is Death so the closer she gets it stands to reason she will have a harder time regenerating.
That said Thai varieties are some that ARE known to live and reflower multiple seasons in their natural environs..
I leave it to you to weigh those options.

Tangwena

Veteran
Zams are famous for just keeping on growing I revegged one a while back so the odds are on your side.
The pure Zamal is reputed to just keep growing for a couple of years on its homeland being so near the equator.

covert

While I'm not growing Zd it was definitely on the shortlist but after seeing that it had Gt as a parent and already knowing for years that that was where all roads were pointing to.

I always used to think I was a sativa fan but 18 months of enjoying the previous season of Kush I know why people like those too but I'm ready for journeys back out to the stars.

I'm taking it that by moving a bit further away from the Thai in Gt, this strain must have something additional that people are enjoying.

I'm planning for some wonderful evenings with Gt - and the only negatives I've read have been of poor or no effect (I put this down to individual variability in endo-cbd system and possibly poor growing tek); and some who say the high has a darkness and introspective quality because of the Malawi. I can't speak to the latter as I have hot been fortunate enough to have Gt yet in bud form.

I chose Gt as much based on its own merits as the fact it was a parent to Zd.

Anyone here who knows Gt well, can you say what is different in Zd comparatively speaking that makes you grow it instead (maybe in addition to?) ?

Last edited:

Passenger101

picture.php

Passenger101

My local dispensary had some. It’s the first time I’ve seen it for sale in a local shop. So even though I’m currently growing some I had to go and buy a gram. It was delicious, laser razor powerful, I did get a bit of existential dark place paranoid for about 15-20 minutes at first, but my cat talked me down.

I did tell the shop that the Sativa:Indica ration that they had was off. One gent knew it, and they’re sometime inaccurate. Anyways it’s nice to see Ace strains in my local shops.

Gugne

The first zamal i transplanted to the ground just exploded this week.

That thing is getting massive.

Attachments

• IMG-20191230-WA0044.jpg
    IMG-20191230-WA0044.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG-20191230-WA0043.jpg
    IMG-20191230-WA0043.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG-20191230-WA0039.jpg
    IMG-20191230-WA0039.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 24

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
My local dispensary had some. It’s the first time I’ve seen it for sale in a local shop. So even though I’m currently growing some I had to go and buy a gram. It was delicious, laser razor powerful, I did get a bit of existential dark place paranoid for about 15-20 minutes at first, but my cat talked me down.

I did tell the shop that the Sativa:Indica ration that they had was off. One gent knew it, and they’re sometime inaccurate. Anyways it’s nice to see Ace strains in my local shops.

Their facebook also shows they are growing Orient Jam and Panama x Malawi, too. I'm really glad shops are finally going for it and including longer flowering varieties. The longest I'm allowed to go is 10 weeks, which really limits how well I can represent landraces.

Edit: I see now Green Angel is a wholesaler, which I guess makes the harvest time a bit less constraining.

Last edited:

Common Sense

incidentally, one of the dispensaries in Hood River, Oregon that I came across and liked during my travels added this to their menu just recently:

I sometimes browse their stock list just for the fun of it. It also happens to be the priciest choice I ever saw on their list...

I don't know if it is appropriate and in line with the forum rules to name or link the business here. Their description seems to fit, althought the "African landrace" is maybe a bit simplyfied.

Happy new year to all of you by the way

sweet-emotion

Veteran
Hi all! Update on my 3 Zamaldelicas.

One of them (red pot, reg seed) started flowering 2 weeks ago.

The other 2 (green pot reg seed/smaller red pot S1 seed) are about to start.

The green pot plant looks different to other Zamaldelicas phenos I've grown. Which pheno could it be?

Sorry for the pics quality.

Attachments

• 20200101_195150.jpg
    20200101_195150.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 13
  • 20200101_195059.jpg
    20200101_195059.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 18
  • 20200101_195021.jpg
    20200101_195021.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 14
  • 20200101_194924.jpg
    20200101_194924.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 19
  • 20200101_194823.jpg
    20200101_194823.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 15

Breadwizard

Fun zamaldelica experiment cross: Guava Jelly CBD (clone from DHN, apparently a 2:1 ratio Afghani) crossed with a zamaldelica dad during the open pollination. It just showed sex (female) and has been tied down as a spiral, only 4" off the surface of the soil.
picture.php

Swamp Thang

Veteran
That tie-down is expertly done. For me, the process of tying down a plant makes me nervous about breaking stems, yet when it does work, one can wind up with a plant that resembles a trained grape vine, and which produces far more colas than are typically harvested from the standard Xmas tree shape.

D

DNM1

In flower
:)
Her feeding when in 18ltr was problematic.She was growing, but,wasn't taking in nutrients or water.Problem was soil
Re pot in 26ltr shaking off 'bad" soil, replaced with BioBizz Light Mix
:)

Attachments

• IMG_4681.jpg
    IMG_4681.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 20