What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bubba Kush

PistilPete

Enjoying the ride
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My bubba jar always stays on top of the pile. She's my favorite smoke for sure. I'm very partial to old world af/pak/indian genes, so when i found bubba it was love at first puff.

BennyBlanco

Can It All Be So Simple!
Veteran
I don't think it's straight Bubba...at least not pre98. The leaves would be more sharply serrated and I don't think she tends to claw.

Yeah not a really good pic...I'm pretty sure the claw look is for nitrogen toxicity... I had this clone in veg for close to 6 months feeding an feeding her... That pic was at like 30 days flowering an definitely the one that had the worst n poisoning ...now I'm at day 55 and I'm convinced its pre 98 if not oh well still looks dank :tiphat:

H

highsteppa

Bubba really is top shelf herb; the high and flavor is some of the best IMO

RespectGreen

Veteran
Katsu
picture.php

Pre98
picture.php

I love all the bubba I've tried. White Bubba and everything else!

SmokeTrees

"Hey bud, lets party!"
Veteran
I was wondering when someone would bring up Sour Bubble. I've had a couple of phenos that really have that have the look and smell associated with the Bubba. There's a few threads in BOG's forums where people seem to liken some of the phenos of Sour Bubble to the Bubbs. I, unfortunately, have not had a true Bubba in my garden so I couldn't say how close Sour Bubble is to Bubba Kush. Maybe someone who has grown and smoked both will show up here to give a better perspective.

bubba and sour bubble are almost identical in my opinion/experience. I almost prefer sour bubble over pre98. Im sure most people who have smoked bubba, if you gave them a sample of sour bubble, they would think it was bubbakush.
How long ago did BOG create sour bubble?

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi all, just wanted to throw up a couple of veg pics
this is the pre 98 bubba vegged onto a modular scrog screen (under LED)
picture.php

and a leaf
picture.php

also i thought this was interesting, here is a Bubba x DC cross that i made (hoping to do a BX to the bubba cut if this is a male - only got 1 seed :redface: )
anyway i thought it was interesting that this threw up that curved leaf trait which is seen in some of the diesels and (afaik) OG kush cuts. im still interested in trying to work out the connection between bubba and the chem/diesels
picture.php

picture.php

VG:tiphat:

roach

Veteran
whats the difference between katsu´s bubba and the pre 98 bubba? i remember katsu´s from back on CW, but the pre 98 i didnt hear about untill a few years ago

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
whats the difference between katsu´s bubba and the pre 98 bubba? i remember katsu´s from back on CW, but the pre 98 i didnt hear about untill a few years ago

hi roach, ive never had the katsu - but from the pics above it also seems to have that curved leaf trait that came out in my bubba cross...

---

stihgnobevoli - its not completely clear from your post - is that a bubba bagseed? i cant really see much curve in the leaves in the pic -or have i misunderstood??

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
i dunno what it is, its from some old seeds i was saving...for like 17 years but the leaves all do that cup thing you mentioned seeing on the kush related plants.

I've got original pre-98 bubba kush seeds from a guy in norcal from what i gather these are the seeds that a soldier or contract worker brought back from afghanistan.i also have another buddy in socal working original bubba kush seeds. The seeds i'm poppin are very thick skinned and the breeder I got them said they were the mark of the old bubba seeds.

anyway, there are alot of elite shit that never makes it online. bubba is probably the only real kush "ONLINE" ANYWAY I'M DOCUMENTING THE 3 SEED GROW IN THE MISSOURI FORUM AS SOON AS I BUY A NEW CAMERA.

bigherb

Veteran
From what I know...there are old timers that KNOW what Bubba Kush is, but they sure aren't telling. What I have been told and can verify, the mother of LA Confidential, was the same mother to Bubba Kush...fwiw...no clue on the male.

dank.Frank

Interesting post

The comparison has been talked about before

IME ,i grew out a bubba hybrid (Fugu kush) an a La con hybrid (Tora bora) i had gotten them mixed at seedling stage an i could tell them apart until about mid flower .They were very similar looking .Both Those strains are very dom in there hybrids as mentioned before

The La is a favorite of mine but that Affie mom has had my attention for along time

IMO that purple daywrecker is not bubba ,might have some blood but i dont think soo

1luvbigherb

Brastaman

From what I know...there are old timers that KNOW what Bubba Kush is, but they sure aren't telling. What I have been told and can verify, the mother of LA Confidential, was the same mother to Bubba Kush...fwiw...no clue on the male.

dank.Frank

i remember Dusty mentioning an afghani that was around that was somehow related to the afghani that DNA got a hold of and made LA Confidential with. An old afghani that he was about to run....if i'm not too stoned....

self

my apologies if this has been posted already, but this is the best story of bubba kush orgins I've found....

Clone Only Strains - Bubba Kush
Jerry bred his Chem Dog cut to a Humboldt county indica boy. This was the beginning of his cubing proccess. At BX3 he got a pheno that had all the smell, taste and kick of the Chem Dog, but in a pure indica pheno. Jerry gave this plant to Bob. It became known as the West Coast Dog. Bob bred this plant to my Old World Kush male. He took a male from that cross and bred it to the OG cut Putz had sent him. This is what made the original Bubba.

self

it makes sense to me. The trich coverage and taste of my peyote purple reminds me of headband from norcal I was getting a few years ago. This would make sense as headband is supposed to be OG kush x Sourdiesel, which would mean that bubba kush and headband would share, in a sense, three of four grandparents.

chemdog on both sides(more than both sides really, with all the backcrossing), substitute the old world kush and the humboldt county indica for (mass super skunk x NL)x DNL
follow?

Last edited: