What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

spot questions

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran
hello all. i've got a 4'x4' table w/ peppers, tomatoes, basil and cucumbers. Under 250w t5's. temps,humidity and ph are almost always stable.
Three of my Six tomatoes and 1 of my 10 peppers are getting yellow spots on their leaves. All other plants are doing just fine. without a way to post pics (today) can anyone throw a guess out there? If not, does anyone know where i can find a troubleshooting guide for hydropoinic vegetables? thanks!

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran
i flushed everything this morning and had my ph around 6....checked it this evening and it was down to 4.5.....got it back up to 6 and will check again in the morning. I have some magical.....should i add? will it hurt to add it?

B

bigbluntbob

calcium def. is easy to see in the tomatoes. they will be discolored on the bottom of the fruit. i grow tomatoes in dwc and add calcium to the rez separate from my regular mix. its always obvious when i forget to add the cal. all the fruit will be black on the bottom.

as for a trouble shooting guide try a google for "msucares"

are the plants getting enough N ? are they dark green with yellow spots? or light green with yellow spots?

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran
thanks MrFista/BBB-they are light green w/ yellow spots. this morning the ph was @ 6 and this evening it has dropped to 4.5 again. There are no fruit to speak of (yet) we had been picking off the flowers to promote more plant growth (first timers)
The peppers and basil are looking great. Thanks again for the help.