What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

dealing with condensation from long term storage

Papulz

lover of all things hashlike
Veteran
hey everybody. i find myself in a bit of a quandary nowadays, as i have more hash in stash than i can use before it degrades considerably. i want to vacuum seal packs to keep in the freezer so i can pull out a supply for a month or two and keep the rest on ice. my question is this, to all those who keep their stuff on ice, how the hell do you deal with the condensation that will end up forming water all over the inside and outside of your packs when you extract your packs from the fridge. currently i just wrap the hash up in paper towels and allow it to come back to room temp. is there a better way like using silica gel or something?

thanks for reading :joint:

silica gel would be my first idea

http://www.clmorgan.com/desicant.htm
Preserve your harvest. Prevent mould and moisture damage in packaged products. If you enjoy growing, gathering, or drying your own herbs, gourmet mushrooms, flowers, or fruits and vegetables then you understand the importance of preservation technique. Nothing is more disappointing than finding that your favorite herb or gourmet mushroom has moulded while in storage.

I doubt these products would negativly effect the hash, but this seems like a hell of an idea, oxygen degrades THC as well

CONTROL MOISTURE, CONTROL ODOR, OXYGEN ADSORBERS

they have packets for everything

they also have the silca gel with color changing crystals, that let you know when they've soaked up to maximum absorbancy

Again, hopefully none of this shit will change the taste ect.. of the hash. I just googled, and this came up. I would definatly do more research before using this stuff, but it seems like a very reasonable idea to do

Last edited: