What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How to prep these trim&buds for dry sift

G

Here is the good trim and some small and/or broken buds from my 1st of 4 plants. 67g of good frosty trim and small buds in the 2 containers. The paper plate are a few larger airy buds(20g). I can't do a dry sift right away anyway. So how do I save this and the trim coming if I want to dry sift it? The trim is in the freezer. the buds on the pp are drying.

I also saved the fan leaves and some of the larger bud leaves separately in the freezer. Another 81grams of those. I will get about the same yield from the 3 other plants. This is my first grow and first attempt at hash making. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!! pics are in signature

Obli :sasmokin:

Don't suggest bubble bags etc. I really want to dry sift if possible.

here are the buds on the plate.

G

The big question I have is:

Can I save trim and small buds in the FREEZER until I have time to dry them and THEN dry sift. Will freezing everything be OK until I have time to dry and sift?

Chiefsmokingbud

Slap-A-Ho tribe
Veteran
Certainly can save it in the freezer after it's dry for dry sieveing. Just make sure it's an airtight container. Just leave the trim out (spread out on newspaper) for approx 4-5 days until it's "crunchy" sounding when you handle it. Then break up tight pieces by hand.

G

Chiefsmokingbud said:
Certainly can save it in the freezer after it's dry for dry sieveing. Just make sure it's an airtight container. Just leave the trim out (spread out on newspaper) for approx 4-5 days until it's "crunchy" sounding when you handle it. Then break up tight pieces by hand.

Thanks Chief!

I don't have a lot of room to spread out newspaper at the moment. So...

I am hoping that the trim will be OK in the freezer until next week when i can spread out paper and dry it. I thought keeping it frozen would preserve it better till I can dry it. I'm afraid it would get moldy or somethig if I just left the damp trim in those tupperware things at room temp. It seems to stay nice and "fresh frozen" in those containers(top is on).

It's nice on this forum when people will help you out.!!

Obli :joint: