What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Melty Kief

How many of you have achieved kief that melts completely?

I didnt' think it was possible with my screen size (110micron) , but I gave it my best shot

I put very premium buds in the freezer, then onto the dry screen (buds not cut/ground up)

I very gently shaked my kief box for about 5 minutes, and got a very small portion compared to my normal routine

The hash was very sticky and shiney, and melted down instantly when a flame touched it

Top quality stuff

Anyone have pictures of melty kief?

Keep smokin :Sasmokin:

Greens

Hi smellthefunk,

I find that certain strains work much better for achieving melting, bubbling dry-screened kif. Unfortunately, I don't think I have any pictures. However, I get melty kif fairly easily. Every time I want to vape some herb, I just cut my bud up over the middle of my kif box. After a few days, I will get a nice buildup of kif in the box. What I do is scrape up the kif in the middle of the box into a pile, directly below where I cut the buds. I scrape up the kif on the edges of the box separately because that stuff tends to not melt. The stuff from the middle 2 or 3 square inches is the good stuff. If I use a strain like outdoor guerilla gold, the kif will be full melt bubbling madness with extreme potency!

Greens

zamalito

Veteran
I get it with a 225 micron from well graded trim from good resin heavy indoor like flodica, sour diesel and blockhead. Dry sieving really works well with. The two main tricks are grading of your trim properly and knowing when to stop to get the highest grades. From indoor the highest grade makes this very distint white color like the color of white gold. Then when it presses it has that beautiful red color those seem to be the meltiest.
more. The courseness of the 225 allows the biggest most melty glands to easily fall through with a gentle sieving. Then I put the material in a tumbler with a 135 screen to make my non melt hash that I roll into 3/16"-1/8" diameter "incense sticks" to burn on the end of a pin stuck through the cap of an orangina bottle. As the bottle fills up with smoke from the incense stick burning I remove the cap and inhale the vapor in the bottle. Smoking the lower grades that can hold its shape and a cherry in this fashion is my favorite way to smoke hash . You don't waste a drop because the heat from cherry on hash stick vapes the thc before it burns down that far.

I can get melty stuff off from outdoor but rarely fmcd. Between growing mostly sativas outdoors, the smaller yet more potent glands formed under the same the dust contamination and the difficulty in properly grading the increased quantity of trim its very hard to get it from.

dozer

A couple days ago I was triming my miserable bubblegum clones (this last grow didn't go very well for the bublegum :badday:) that don't have much flower on them but have a lot of good resin. I'm trimimng dried, picking the leaves by hand. After working them for half an hour or so I noticed that on the table, under all the trim pile there where a lot of beautifull resin glands. Just the little blobs, the trich heads. I blew away the smaller leaf particles and carded out a very little pile almost only resin heads. That was a melty hit like I've never had before. It bubbled mad and left almost no residue or ash.

So it's possible to get bubblegum melty kief even without a mesh! whohoo! :yummy:

I'll post some pics of the little pile later. Unfortunately I didn't get a melt shot.

muddy waters

3/16"-1/8" diameter "incense sticks" to burn on the end of a pin stuck through the cap of an orangina bottle. As the bottle fills up with smoke from the incense stick burning I remove the cap and inhale the vapor in the bottle. Smoking the lower grades that can hold its shape and a cherry in this fashion is my favorite way to smoke hash . You don't waste a drop because the heat from cherry on hash stick vapes the thc before it burns down that far.

beautiful method... i got an old balsamic vinegar bottle i was gonna drill but this would work perfect with it. wonder if i can adapt it to flower smoking, need to have the bud quite dry and maybe a wire mesh cup attached to the needle... thanks for the idea bro

D

DJ_highst_

the best full melt I have come across has been dry sift. Here is a batch of dry sift that I made that melted like nothing I have every seen. This strain produces such better kief than all my others. Sorry no action shots. Came from a batch of the "Da Purps" by purponics and grown outdoors.

G

wow loooking yummmy as all hell bro god i love dry sift. from da purps huh